Landrace/Original Cultivar Strains...any of 'em still around???

• Thread starter jfizzle2cmu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

This is also one reason I'm leaning toward just picking up whatever landrace strains I can get my paws on and using those and only those to work from, never introducing an outside hybrid...granted I can find all the traits I need/want within the collection.

DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon

Landraces are good but sometimes if there's a particular trait you want it's better to go for that characteristic than the exact landrace if it's possible.

On that subject there's a type of strain I'm looking for but it looks like it's not been available anywhere for 10 years

Might be called: "Subterfuge #1", Dizzy, ABC ("Australian Bastard Cannabis") or "Mongy"
Any chance of this turning up for sale here? Or anywhere?

I've been looking for ages :-(

4292-ABC_1.jpg
1651-8-732-Mvc-014f.jpg
4292-abc_leaves.jpg

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

I've heard of ABC, but never seen and not sure where to point ya :(. Looks like a really sweet plant though. If you ever do get your paws on it, make sure to come back here and lemme know. Try a google search for a seed at all?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Landraces are good but sometimes if there's a particular trait you want it's better to go for that characteristic than the exact landrace if it's possible.

On that subject there's a type of strain I'm looking for but it looks like it's not been available anywhere for 10 years

Might be called: "Subterfuge #1", Dizzy, ABC ("Australian Bastard Cannabis") or "Mongy"
Any chance of this turning up for sale here? Or anywhere?

I've been looking for ages :-(

4292-ABC_1.jpg
1651-8-732-Mvc-014f.jpg
4292-abc_leaves.jpg

Looks like sage (salvia) family.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I've seen a site that has beans for 2/5 dollars. Straight African landrace. Not sure how true it is but is durban poison orginally from Africa?
I'd buy 100 and pop them all. For 2 bucks a bean. I wanna say there are some for .50 cents. Could be a scam but you possibly could find one hell of a sativa keeper in those. Or even if you got 20 of them. Still a landrace keeper in there.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Jordan of the Isles Afghani is definitely worth it. Good variation, you will find a nice kush and afghani pheno for some good breeding projects. I crossed it with red columbian from (now defunct) thc labs and it came out fantastic. I popped the rest of my red columbian beans and ended up with 3 males. I've had great luck with beans from Jordan.

Not really sure about the quality of afropips but they have some landrace. I tried malawi gold in an rdwc setup and it hermied but it was craaazy trippy high. I hope I have better luck with their swazi or nigerian.
I have a Jordan Blue Hawaiian. It's blueberry x Hawaiian sativa. I love it. Real easy to grow. I think a lot of landrace older stuff is much easier to run. Not that it's a pure landrace but when I get new crosses they just seem a bit finicky. Suck as cherry pie, forum, Death Star. I have an old indiana bbg cut and it definitely has older heritage in it and it grows like a champ no problem. Doesn't need much attention. But I'm not a master grower obviously so maybe it's just me...

Sorry just jumped into this thread, not sure if any of this was mentioned already.

DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon

It's not ducksfoot I've had duck :-) (lost it but I found another webbed strain instead)

Ducksfoot has flat webbed leaves like a maple does, that thing though.... I mean the leaves look so weird and screwed up and really small.

It's not a Sage, I've seen a budding shot somewhere and it looked a lot more like cannabis than sage would, sages have large purple spikes of flowers. It had much more cannabis like buds.

If I ever get my hands on it I'll to help you out :-)

If anyones looking for webbed leaves I can help, but I've not found anywhere with ABC type plants, I really want some to add to my strange strain collection.

DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon

I've seen a site that has beans for 2/5 dollars. Straight African landrace. Not sure how true it is but is durban poison orginally from Africa?
I'd buy 100 and pop them all. For 2 bucks a bean. I wanna say there are some for .50 cents. Could be a scam but you possibly could find one hell of a sativa keeper in those. Or even if you got 20 of them. Still a landrace keeper in there.

Durban is in south africa, there's been some other cool african strains including "nigerian nightmare" which goes deep purple throughout the plant, I've heard the congo has some huge very dark sativa strains too.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Durban is in south africa, there's been some other cool african strains including "nigerian nightmare" which goes deep purple throughout the plant, I've heard the congo has some huge very dark sativa strains too.
You've hyped me up haha I need!

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

It's not ducksfoot I've had duck :-) (lost it but I found another webbed strain instead)

Ducksfoot has flat webbed leaves like a maple does, that thing though.... I mean the leaves look so weird and screwed up and really small.

It's not a Sage, I've seen a budding shot somewhere and it looked a lot more like cannabis than sage would, sages have large purple spikes of flowers. It had much more cannabis like buds.

If I ever get my hands on it I'll to help you out :-)

If anyones looking for webbed leaves I can help, but I've not found anywhere with ABC type plants, I really want some to add to my strange strain collection.
Any flower shots of this? My first time ever seeing anything like this... Very interesting. I wanna see any web strain really.

DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon

Any flower shots of this? My first time ever seeing anything like this... Very interesting. I wanna see any web strain really.

Here's the one I want but can't get (Please can someone sell some seeds?) :-( which is ABC
This ISN'T a webbed strain it's something weirder
4292-abc_budding_2.jpg

And Here's a webbed strain in flower (not my photo)
indian01.png

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Wow the color on that lady. So what makes a strain like these? Any special name? Or what's the name of the first pic? What's ABC?

DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon

Wow the color on that lady. So what makes a strain like these? Any special name? Or what's the name of the first pic? What's ABC?

Well ABC I really don't know much about, what I do know is CC magazine and Marc Emery magazine distributed a load of seeds in ~2001 but no one seems to have them anymore, or if they do they won't share.
I can see why, they want them to stay secret and unrecogniseable... but I'm going to keep making lots of noise about them until I get them :)
It comes from Nimbin or at least somewhere in Australia between Sydney and the blue mountains, it's meant to be a bit bad quality in terms of bud but very hard to recognise.
I don't know how the trait inherits but I think it's controlled by at least one or more recessive alleles.

Webbed strains are really simple, it's controlled by a recessive allele, you cross it to a plant (making an F1 generation) you breed those plants you made together (making an F2 generation) and in that generation you'll have 25% webbed plants, then you just do careful backcrossing to whatever strain you started with and in a few generations you can make you favourite strain (whatever that is) webbed.

Wallyduck was really known for ducksfoot but can't do a seed release atm apparently. His are really nice plants though.

That's a picture of "Indian Sommer" by Kaly seeds, they're mostly quite cheap but some of their plants are a bit... hit and miss? like you get some very weird looking plants from them, with variegation or really skinny and low yielding (sometimes also an intersex plant or two) but they usually send extra seeds with their orders and the weird plants can be quite cool.

The only sad thing is they believe (or at least claim to believe) that webbed plants are an interspecies hybrid, which they're definately not.

DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon

Or what's the name of the first pic? What's ABC?

Incase I'm not explaining well, the first pic above is the "ABC" (though there's tons of other names) the leaves are weird shaped, small and screwed up with lots of "points" on the leaf and the whole plant grows in a strange way.

The second photo (the red one) is a just a Webbed plant that is red, they look just like normal cannabis, they can get leaves as big as normal plants have, it's just that the leaflets are all joined together on them.
Oh and usually they max out at leaves with only 3 or 5 points, not many compared to normal strains!

homebrew420

homebrew420

I was fortunate enough to see these plants in the flesh. Back in 2000 I ordered from marc and they were giving away seeds to anyone who wanted to play with them. If I had better circumstances I might have made seeds. Was growing flo hybrids spice of life seed. Time long past.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I am not sure but I believe there was little to no success in hybridizing for potency and still retaining the camo/malformed leaves. Did the week long search couldn't find a soul who still grew it.
Good luck
Peace

DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon

Yeah I've been on the hunt for ages, but no one is sharing, I'm still looking now.

If potency and leaf/branching form are linked in only this trait and no other known traits that'd be very strange don't you think? :p
Which'd be something to learn about anyway, I'd also like to see if you could cross in webbing to that sort of plant.

Top Bottom