Landrace/Original Cultivar Strains...any of 'em still around???

• Thread starter jfizzle2cmu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

How so? Did they not grow well indoors?
Besides being super finicky, they take entirely too long and make loose buds that never reach their full potential. The value is that breeding them creates extremely vigorous plants that won't mold.

Colombian x - 88 days from sprout. Day 72 flower for CSB.

Last edited:
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Besides being super finicky, they take entirely too long and make loose buds that never reach their full potential. The value is that breeding them creates extremely vigorous plants that won't mold.

Colombian x - 88 days from sprout. Day 72 flower for CSB.
View attachment 1244210
Yeah they will have loose buds as they are adapted to hot environments and that’s how they don’t mold. That’s fine with me. I just want powerful psychedelic weed.

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah they will have loose buds as they are adapted to hot environments and that’s how they don’t mold. That’s fine with me. I just want powerful psychedelic weed.
My Colombian has a better high than the hybrids, but you have to smoke twice as much or make hash.

Itman

Itman

I've been working landrace sativa's and indica's for a couple of years now doing breeding. Most unworked cultivars start out with thc in the low to mid-teens. The magic happens when you cross it with Haze or Kush. The F1 thc level goes up sometimes to the low to mid 20's. You can get thc up even higher by backcrossing.
The strains of old were far from awful with serious effects from small amounts we had pot that people swore was laced.

growsince79

growsince79

The strains of old were far from awful with serious effects from small amounts we had pot that people swore was laced.
lol And it probably was. Ever smoke dirt weed laced with pcp and paraquat? That'll make you want homegrown.

J

JiMBeANeR

It's not ducksfoot I've had duck :-) (lost it but I found another webbed strain instead)

Ducksfoot has flat webbed leaves like a maple does, that thing though.... I mean the leaves look so weird and screwed up and really small.

It's not a Sage, I've seen a budding shot somewhere and it looked a lot more like cannabis than sage would, sages have large purple spikes of flowers. It had much more cannabis like buds.

If I ever get my hands on it I'll to help you out :-)

If anyones looking for webbed leaves I can help, but I've not found anywhere with ABC type plants, I really want some to add to my strange strain collection.
Any chance you're still around?

grnmtn

grnmtn

Yeah that sounds legit. I wouldnt run a landrace for any purpose other than breeding purposes. But you say u can find most of them still?? I might have to start scouting seedbanks then. Id love to get my hands on every single landrace and original strain. Then it'd seem I could recreate any strain ever made w a little bit of work. :)
Bit of work is a gross understatement. You would have to find and isolate phenos. It would take a very very long time to pull that off. In my opinion of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom