• Thread starter crippled1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crippled1

I found this pic on another forum.
These are the Illuminator 180watt UFO.
This guy has 4 over each 4 x 4.
I am told that he loves them and has dozens of them.
I will be swiching out my 3 600w hps for 3 Illuminator 350 watt panels very soon.

http://i352.invalid.com/albums/r355/ajetsrgn1/LEDgrow.jpg

L

Lost

Don't fall for the BS. You will get better buds with your 600. You should be looking at getting 1k's or 1500's, not a step down to leds...

:)

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

I'm sure with that many light's for that many plant's you would have to get descent results....looks like a light a plant......Looks like a lot of overkill.....and i just can't get over the price of the led's

fractaLz

fractaLz

The lumen output just isn't there yet. I don't care how dialed the spectrum is, you still need lumen output. Currently the best results they are getting are 200-220,000 lumens with a 250 watt diode. But the diodes are blowing after a minute of use, therefore the revolution will have to wait.

LED's will undoubtedly be the next major advancement in the lighting industry, but its going to take another 5-10 years of R&D.

Dalonewolf

Dalonewolf

I check many grow sites out, and there is a person that was posting the same grow on at least four sites that i know of, claiming to have outstanding results.

The grow was always posted as just grower showing off their grow,but it is really a company advertising as a grower.I'm not saying or implying in any way that this is the case with this grow or post but, people should be vary skeptical when they come across these. I have yet to see one perform as claimed without using almost comparable wattage in L.E.D's which would make it pretty pointless to switch at this point in time.

D

DUBSteppin

The technology hasn't come far enough, as if we can even say that, with LEDs. It might seem like you're getting high yields or bomb veg but once you smoke it you will regret ever switching.

B

bicycle racer

yeah as much as i would love running leds for heat and electrical its just not there yet it seems soon i hope but not yet.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I was gonna jump in here earlier but didn't want to break the news to ya. I think those plants are stunted looking and if they were under 600w HPS they would be twice the size and much more dense on the lowers....In ten years HPS will be like beta VHS. Right now it's like saying you wanna win a drag race with a battery operated car. They make great flashlights though.

Good Luck

B

bicycle racer

those plants do look way too small regarding the amount of lights used unless they just got put into12/12.

C

crippled1

Personally, I am so tired of dealing with heat issues, especially when vegging in the summer. Also, I know a fair amount of co2 is getting sucked out my hoods cause the fan always runs except really cold nights and I know they are not totally sealed.
I realize the Illuminator 350 is not equal to a 1000 hps as they say it is.
My plan is for overkill. I can easily fund these at harvest time.
I think they will work great for my scrog.
Like I said, I want to run 3 x 350w panels over this 30" x 10ft scrog.

http://i352.invalid.com/albums/r355/ajetsrgn1/sourkushday7.jpg

P

pokerman

i think the leds would be good for vegging but for flowering leds still need a little work

fractaLz

fractaLz

600's have the best lumen to watt ratio so I'd keep with them. Throw some foil tape on the seams of the hood and tempered glass, that will keep it more air tight.

R

Rolln J

you wont be happy with the quality of the bud and the extra 2 weeks it takes to finish your crop - there was another guy on a forum I was on he swore his leds were the shit too - then a month later he was selling them on the board - he never showed any pics either...

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Its so crazy how people are so quick to down led's and not even give them a chance. I guess people are not open to accepting new ideas and technology. Go to icmag and there's a some threads on there with some people getting 1.5 - 1.7 grams per watt on led's. There's a grower that got 3lb off of 800 watts of leds . I know I'm willing to try out led's so I can find out for myself if they are good or not.

B

been

I feel like there is a place for LEDs in everyone's garden if only for clones and veg or summer.

L

Lost

I know I'm willing to try out led's so I can find out for myself if they are good or not.

But why bother? It has been done time and time again. Most of the time the grower ditches the LED's half way thru thre grow.

The bottom line is that this is a living for alot of people, and if something actually worked more people would be using it. These threads have gone on for years. I remember 10 years ago (wasn't even growing back then just a stoner)when they first came to my attention, everyone was, yeah, they are not great now, but give it 5 years.. Thats what people are still saying.

Now if you want to talk about the future lets talk about the 1500's coming out. Its all about intensity.. Intensity = Bud size..

Hell, i dunno.. Maybe some people like the fluffy larf bud... :)

R

Rolln J

That amount of bud can be produced with three 1k's

LED's are good for flashlights and some other stuff...but not growing herb!

rc

hell it can be done with 2, or even 1 if dialed with the right strain...

But why bother? It has been done time and time again. Most of the time the grower ditches the LED's half way thru thre grow.

The bottom line is that this is a living for alot of people, and if something actually worked more people would be using it. These threads have gone on for years. I remember 10 years ago (wasn't even growing back then just a stoner)when they first came to my attention, everyone was, yeah, they are not great now, but give it 5 years.. Thats what people are still saying.

Now if you want to talk about the future lets talk about the 1500's coming out. Its all about intensity.. Intensity = Bud size..

Hell, i dunno.. Maybe some people like the fluffy larf bud... :)

indoors its all about replicating the sun - intensity is what its all about for sure - purpleypink ufo light does not even remotely some close to achieving this...

beam me up scotty

:sun2:

S

SUPERBABY

I keep looking for good grow pics of plants heavy with bud under LED's...

I can't seem to find any pics..hmmmmmmmm

The pics in post #1, look small and leggy..

If heat was a big issue for me, I would put a lot of energy and resources into different fans, vents, and cooling options...

not something that you get 95% negative feedback about...

where are all of these great grows with LED?

S

SkyHi

Personally, I am so tired of dealing with heat issues, especially when vegging in the summer. Also, I know a fair amount of co2 is getting sucked out my hoods cause the fan always runs except really cold nights and I know they are not totally sealed.
I realize the Illuminator 350 is not equal to a 1000 hps as they say it is.
My plan is for overkill. I can easily fund these at harvest time.
I think they will work great for my scrog.
Like I said, I want to run 3 x 350w panels over this 30" x 10ft scrog.

http://i352.invalid.com/albums/r355/ajetsrgn1/sourkushday7.jpg

ON FLOOR LAUGHING MY ASS OFF , sorry but thats all i got for this thread ....3 x 350w panels over this 30" x 10ft scrog.
WOW

Top Bottom