Large stem cloning - WORKS WONDERFULLY!

• Thread starter Medigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medigrow

Medigrow

Hey all!

Just a quick thread to show how it can roots well even when cutting large stem.

Look at roots003, the stem is between 1/4 and 3/8 and look at the roots explosion! CRAZY! 9th days. I saw root's starting point within 5 days.

Clones.jpg is a picture of the leaves, no dome.

So yeah, go ahead, clone big stem! :D

Roots003
Clonesrotated
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hey all!

Just a quick thread to show how it can roots well even when cutting large stem.

Look at roots003, the stem is between 1/4 and 3/8 and look at the roots explosion! CRAZY! 9th days. I saw root's starting point within 5 days.

Clones.jpg is a picture of the leaves, no dome.

So yeah, go ahead, clone big stem! :D
Love it! Good job!! :)

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have often taken branches that have broken and simply stuck them about 3-4 inches into the soil and water it... within a few days it rebounds and starts to grow roots with no need for transplanting. This works much better during vegetative growth, as flowering is always iffy.

Medigrow

Medigrow

Is it usually like this when roots are kicking? If I remember correctly, my first run, not like this at all. Looks like there is an explosion of roots down there. Can it be that the "mother" is damn healthy and going well? 14 days now. I think I will put them in the rdwc tomorrow. Or you guys would wait a bit? They allready started growing up, not only the roots but the whole clones! PPM is dropping... :D

Thanks for comments/help/guideline =)

Roots010
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is it usually like this when roots are kicking? If I remember correctly, my first run, not like this at all. Looks like there is an explosion of roots down there. Can it be that the "mother" is damn healthy and going well? 14 days now. I think I will put them in the rdwc tomorrow. Or you guys would wait a bit? They allready started growing up there, not only the roots but the whole clones! PPM is dropping... :D

Thanks for comments/help/guideline =)
Mother in soil?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nice I haven't taken clone from my dirt mother yet but did you notice the stems are more hallow on a hydro mother? I guess I should ask if you ever kept a mother in dirt? This is my first time with dirt so I'm curious.

BigCube

BigCube

Nice, gotta love a nice healthy clone 😀

I just put my clones straight in to a solo cup. No root hormone or anything. Roots within 7 days.

I think with the right strain, you pretty much can't fail.

Medigrow

Medigrow

Nice I haven't taken clone from my dirt mother yet but did you notice the stems are more hallow on a hydro mother? I guess I should ask if you ever kept a mother in dirt? This is my first time with dirt so I'm curious.
My first run I had mothers in dirt, less healthy, as for the "hallow" you meant higher "hole" in the stem? If yes, yeah, pretty much, the stems are big, firm, the roots are simply overkill vs when I took them from dirt...

It was my first grow ever so maybe it has a bit to do with it but I doubt the 2nd run I would get this much success due to "experience"...

Rdwc's mother, so much less maintenance, i even ordered some fruits seeds to add them to the 4 sites I built.. i don't know if this will affect the mother but well, who cares! Strawberry's!

No more dirt for me, a PIA and mess everywhere! Water down the drain, vacuum, refill, here you go!

Top Bottom