Late Aphid Invasion- Week 4 Flower, HELP!

• Thread starter Kapnkush4256
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kapnkush4256

Kapnkush4256

Whats up guys! Got myself a bit of a problem here. I was battling a minor Aphid infestation during veg and thought i had tackled it well before flipping over to flower roughly 4 weeks ago. Over the past week or so I've noticed some honey dew on top of a few leaves, checked the leaves above and found a few that were just infested with aphids (well shit). Ive been searching all over forums, google and everywhere else I can think of to find a product I can use during this stage of flowering to kill them. Most places I've looked suggest insecticides that arent available for use in Canada. I used some Safers insecticidal soap the other day while removing the heavily infested leaves, but I'm afraid using it too much during this stage of flowering is just going to cause mold issues and make my bud taste like shit. Im planning on doing the 3 bucket bud wash method once it comes to harvest but I'm not sure how much longer my ladies can hold off all these bugs. If anyone growing in Canada on a small scale (not medical grade scale as i know some people are able to import certain products but i cant) has any idea to help me out its more than appreciated!!

Im looking into Entomopathogenic Fungi at the moment, but most of those brands that sell are also unavailable here. No spinosal, neem oil, captain jacks dead bug, or anything else that others always suggest are available here. :(

Happy Growing!

Xhale

Xhale

Damn. That’s just tough luck :( I have a small infection on 1 clone and have sprayed a mix of soap+oil+water. And may even cull that plant if the aphids seem to linger. I’ve had aphids on my other plants in the garden And ignored them, first time on my canna. I hope you solve it.

Floodster31

Floodster31

Try garlic oil and water in a spray bottle i used it for bugs and worked well. If u Google garlic as bug spray the recipe will come up

Kapnkush4256

Kapnkush4256

Thanks for your help guys, ended up finding a product called Doktor Doom, its a pyrethrin fogger with a .4% concentration. Lots of people said theyve used it during flowering with no issues whatsoever so i gave it a shot, did roughly a quarter of the bottle and let it sit for 2 hours with lights dimmed and all vents off. Then after 2 hours i let it all air out for 30 minutes.

When i say the aphids literally fell off and died, i mean it. Worked like wonders. I know lots of people advise against using pyrethrin during flowering but it was such a low concentration and ill be bud washing i didnt see an issue.

Top Bottom