Late Flower leaf burn issue

• Thread starter radmobile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radmobile

radmobile

I’m trying to determine if this is an over feeding issue or there is a particular nutrient missing. I’m using FF Trio at 1/2 dosage. I’m also using 1/2 dosage of Flower Fuel 1-34-32. These are 1.5 weeks from harvest. Help is appreciated!!
Late flower leaf burn issue

Anthem

Anthem

I’m trying to determine if this is an over feeding issue or there is a particular nutrient missing. I’m using FF Trio at 1/2 dosage. I’m also using 1/2 dosage of Flower Fuel 1-34-32. These are 1.5 weeks from harvest. Help is appreciated!!
View attachment 1135808
That did not just start like yesterday. Flower Fuel take a look at the NPK ratio as compared to your FF Trio. PK boosters are just a waste for me.

radmobile

radmobile

That did not just start like yesterday. Flower Fuel take a look at the NPK ratio as compared to your FF Trio. PK boosters are just a waste for me.
It’s been gradual but only over the course of this past week (6-7 days). I feel like the buds are bigger than my last harvest already so I attributed that to the Flower Fuel. Is that stuff just a sham?

Anthem

Anthem

It’s been gradual but only over the course of this past week (6-7 days). I feel like the buds are bigger than my last harvest already so I attributed that to the Flower Fuel. Is that stuff just a sham?
You will hear all sorts of opinions in regards to those type of products. Myself I am done with PK boosters. They are just not needed IMO

radmobile

radmobile

You will hear all sorts of opinions in regards to those type of products. Myself I am done with PK boosters. They are just not needed IMO
I use
Big Bloom 0-0.5-0.7
Grow Big 6-4-4
Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
Flower Fuel 1-34-32

all at 1/2 dose.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I use
Big Bloom 0-0.5-0.7
Grow Big 6-4-4
Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
Flower Fuel 1-34-32

all at 1/2 dose.
That's your problem... nutrient build up and ratios are absolutely terrible with that combination.

Your see a potassium deficiency but it's not from lack of.

Way way way way way way to much bloom products specifically P.

Looking at that mix makes me cringe I'm in a very similar camp to @Anthem and with all these booster and bloom nutes on the market ppl just murder thier grows excessively. Used properly and understanding how to use them may give you a slight benefit but in almost all cases I see here ppl just ruin thier grows with them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo grow Big and big bloom would have done you well... the other 2 ARE your issues.

Anthem

Anthem

I use
Big Bloom 0-0.5-0.7
Grow Big 6-4-4
Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
Flower Fuel 1-34-32

all at 1/2 dose.
You can kind of see what I am saying about the flower fuel, 1-34-32 is more PK than all of the rest of your nutrient line combined. If I was going to use something like that I would probably go at most 20 percent of the advertised dose. But to be honest I would start at 10 percent. What has basically happened to your plants is they have been force feed the high dose of PK because it is in the water and they need the water.
It can be really challenging because you get all this information be it from the internet or the hydro store but the information can be jaded. Take the tech at the hydro store, what is his job? To sell you product. Once you got the basic grow products what is he going to sell you? Maybe PK boosters because that is next on his list. Also the reviews on the internet about cannabis products go largely unregulated so you have companies that specialize in actually making fake reviews. 100 percent true. Here is another true story. I meet this guy a couple weeks ago and it turns out he is starting to grow. I have to tell the guy almost all of his equipment is junk or wrong. I am no expert but what I have learned is to trust my own instincts.

radmobile

radmobile

That's your problem... nutrient build up and ratios are absolutely terrible with that combination.

Looking at that mix makes me cringe I'm in a very similar camp to @Anthem and with all these booster and bloom nutes on the market ppl just murder thier grows excessively. Used properly and understanding how to use them may give you a slight benefit but in almost all cases I see here ppl just ruin thier grows with them.
The Fox Farm nute chart burned up my plants when used at the recommended level, so I cut that in half and added only half the Flower Fuel. My ph is 6.4 with a runoff ph of 6.5. PPM’s are around 2000 which reads right on the schedule.

what I don’t understand is this:
If I’m using these things at 1/2 strength (mixed with 2 gallons of water, rather than 1) why would this happen? Is it the Flower Fuel? I’m using 1/4 tsp of that for 2 gallons as well (instead of a 1/2).

frustrating.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The Fox Farm nute chart burned up my plants when used at the recommended level, so I cut that in half and added only half the Flower Fuel. My ph is 6.4 with a runoff ph of 6.5. PPM’s are around 2000 which reads right on the schedule.

what I don’t understand is this:
If I’m using these things at 1/2 strength (mixed with 2 gallons of water, rather than 1) why would this happen? Is it the Flower Fuel? I’m using 1/4 tsp of that for 2 gallons as well (instead of a 1/2).

frustrating.
Because manufacturer recommendations are about double what they should be. Also it depends on how you are watering if nutrients continue to build up in the soil.

When you take the word CANNABIS and the add the word NUTRIENT to any bottle... you can be rest assured 90% of the claims made on it are marketing and BS then they want you to use as much as possible to buy more.

These nutrients are already watered down and priced about 10x the cost of dry ferts per gal or more.

Why you ask? Because almost all nutrients manufacturers (by almost I mean every) is about making money

radmobile

radmobile

Because manufacturer recommendations are about double what they should be. Also it depends on how you are watering if nutrients continue to build up in the soil.

When you take the word CANNABIS and the add the word NUTRIENT to any bottle... you can be rest assured 90% of the claims made on it are marketing and BS then they want you to use as much as possible to buy more.

These nutrients are already watered down and priced about 10x the cost of dry ferts per gal or more.

Why you ask? Because almost all nutrients manufacturers (by almost I mean every) is about making money
What is a good combo? Or, are you saying, do not use nutes?

Anthem

Anthem

Wondering if this combo is good:

Advanced Nutrients - VooDoo Juice first 2 weeks flower
Advanced Nutrients - OverDrive 6 weeks of flower until harvest.

I would like to drop The Fox Farms trio but I thought I needed a fertilizer when in flower?????
Thanks for the feedback! Super helpful!
Honestly,
Just get yourself a gram scale and buy some jacks 321. Save your money and invest in lights and environmental controls these will help more than any nutrients.
Overdrive, ya it works but wait tell you see the foxtails at like week 7 with that stuff. It works but you can very easily over do it.
What Aquaman is trying to tell you is the truth. As hard as it is to accept the claims and the pictures, while they may use some of the products they are not using them at the numbers their feed charts say.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You need a fertilizer... the most important part of any fertilizer is the ratios. By adding more and more eproducts this makes it more complex and you need to understand the nutrient relationships. Google up mulders chart it shows a basic explanation of how nutrients affect each other in ratios to one another.

Cannabis can grow in a fairly wide ratio of nutrients. I prefer a 2-1-3 NPK with Ca equal to N or about half of K. Mg half of Ca and P about half of Mg.

But even a 4-4-4 will work good start to finish. What doesn't work well would be your rario of 9-44-40 roughly speaking.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Honestly,
Just get yourself a gram scale and buy some jacks 321. Save your money and invest in lights and environmental controls these will help more than any nutrients.
Overdrive, ya it works but wait tell you see the foxtails at like week 7 with that stuff. It works but you can very easily over do it.
What Aquaman is trying to tell you is the truth. As hard as it is to accept the claims and the pictures, while they may use some of the products they are not using them at the numbers their feed charts say.
Exactly a member put this up recently and as simple as it looks it's an amazingly simple and complete mix.

radmobile

radmobile

What is a good combo? Or, are you saying, do not use nutes!
You need a fertilizer... the most important part of any fertilizer is the ratios. By adding more and more eproducts this makes it more complex and you need to understand the nutrient relationships. Google up mulders chart it shows a basic explanation of how nutrients affect each other in ratios to one another.

Cannabis can grow in a fairly wide ratio of nutrients. I prefer a 2-1-3 NPK with Ca equal to N or about half of K. Mg half of Ca and P about half of Mg.

But even a 4-4-4 will work good start to finish. What doesn't work well would be your rario of 9-44-40 roughly speaking.
I’ll check out the chart! Thank you!

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m just your average closet grower but I have tried different products and combos, for me I always come back to pure blend pro grow throughout! it has given me the easiest to use/ end product combination. One bottle if I add anything it’s a bit of epsom.

Anthem

Anthem

Exactly a member put this up recently and as simple as it looks it's an amazingly simple and complete mix.

The thing about all this is that the recipes for the most part have been unchanged for decades. But the nutrient companies keep coming up with new better produces. HOW CAN THAT BE?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I seen this the other day and thought about giving it a shot . Lol

Top Bottom