Late flower P deficiency - Increase nutrients, stay the course, or final flush?

• Thread starter ZasinZebra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ZasinZebra

ZasinZebra

Hi Everyone,

This is my first grow, I’ve been growing in organic peat soil with fox farms nutrients under a viparspectra 450, upgraded to mars hydro tsl2000 a couple weeks ago for better coverage. I completed the flip to 12/12 flowering lighting for on October 19th. In my 2x4 tent I have 2 plants in 7 gallon grow bags and another in a 1 gallon (early insurance policy). The strain is Heaven Scent.

About 2 weeks ago my leaves started turning purple which I thought was just a phenotype expression, but is now more likely a P deficiency. I reduced the nutrient feeding last week to 5ml of the FF Tiger bloom down from the usual 10ml per the feeding schedule but I think it did it too prematurely. My question is given their current stage in flowering based on the pictures, should I return to 10ml feeding or should I maintain another round at 5ml, or should I start flushing now?

The plants appear to be at slightly different stages, if I had to guess the 1 gallon should start flushing, the 7G P1 another week at 5ml then flush, and the 7G P2 increase back to 10ml for another week and then taper. But since this is my first grow any advice would be very appreciated!!!

Late flower p deficiency   increase nutrients stay the course or final flush
Late flower p deficiency   increase nutrients stay the course or final flush 2
Late flower p deficiency   increase nutrients stay the course or final flush 3
Late flower p deficiency   increase nutrients stay the course or final flush 4
Late flower p deficiency   increase nutrients stay the course or final flush 5
Late flower p deficiency   increase nutrients stay the course or final flush 6
ZasinZebra

ZasinZebra

Looks like genetics doing its things, she looks healthy to me. Nice job. Probly another 2-3 weeks to go
Thanks for taking a look! By another 2-3 weeks to go, do you mean keep feeding for another 2-3 weeks and then flush for another 2 weeks (4-5 weeks total till chop) OR maybe a final feed and then a 2 week flush (2-3 weeks till chop)?

visajoe1

visajoe1

Thanks for taking a look! By another 2-3 weeks to go, do you mean keep feeding for another 2-3 weeks and then flush for another 2 weeks (4-5 weeks total till chop) OR maybe a final feed and then a 2 week flush (2-3 weeks till chop)?
2-3 weeks to chop. The flush is over rated, consider not doing it for a full 2 weeks, however you can lower the feed and go water only the last week. A tip that can guide you is measure the runoff and note it. You can see how much she's eating between feeds so you can be more confident lowering the feed when she's eating less.

Its amazing what we can learn from our own notes. Also helps on future runs of same strains.

ZasinZebra

ZasinZebra

2-3 weeks to chop. The flush is over rated, consider not doing it for a full 2 weeks, however you can lower the feed and go water only the last week. A tip that can guide you is measure the runoff and note it. You can see how much she's eating between feeds so you can be more confident lowering the feed when she's eating less.

Its amazing what we can learn from our own notes. Also helps on future runs of same strains.
Completely agree. I measured the runoff ppm last week and it was sitting around 700, so still a good amount of nutrients in the soil. This grow was from random bag seeds from a dispensary. I think I’ll give P2 another week of 7-8ml/g bloom nutes since it’s lagging a bit, but I’ll continue tapering the other 2 and then flush for one week. Thank you so much!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

3 - 4 weeks total till chop

Great info! Agree with Joe, no flush, taper; a taper uses plain water for last 7 - 10 days or so like Joe mentioned, much better for plant than a 'traditional' flush in my opinion, good luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom