Late Grow Questions - Nutrients & Air Filtration

• Thread starter BC21596
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BC21596

BC21596

I'm week 6 into flower and have a couple questions. Hydro w/Flora 3 part series, LED lights, Blueberry Headband

- I change my nutrient solution every two weeks. By the time I do, the ppm is 3 times what I put in. Since I don't know what ingredients are not being used I don't know if I can safely stop and just dilute the nutrients. I notice some brown leaf tips that are probably nutrient burn. How much will this affect the quality? I'm sure it's not going to kill the plant since it's not very bad.

- I am starting to get smell from outside the tent. It's going through a carbon filter, which is a Vivosun 6" inline filter. This has only been used for one grow, but that grow was 2 years ago. Should I replace this or is it normal to still have smell? I don't know if that's a good quality filter or not. I could buy a new one but don't want to waste the money if it's not going to help. We're getting to the summer when people will be walking around the neighborhood and I don't want them knowing. At 6 weeks into flower, the smell in the basement is as strong as my last grow with no filter. The last strain was CBD though so maybe those don't smell as bad?

Thanks.

Anthem

Anthem

I'm week 6 into flower and have a couple questions. Hydro w/Flora 3 part series, LED lights, Blueberry Headband

- I change my nutrient solution every two weeks. By the time I do, the ppm is 3 times what I put in. Since I don't know what ingredients are not being used I don't know if I can safely stop and just dilute the nutrients. I notice some brown leaf tips that are probably nutrient burn. How much will this affect the quality? I'm sure it's not going to kill the plant since it's not very bad.

- I am starting to get smell from outside the tent. It's going through a carbon filter, which is a Vivosun 6" inline filter. This has only been used for one grow, but that grow was 2 years ago. Should I replace this or is it normal to still have smell? I don't know if that's a good quality filter or not. I could buy a new one but don't want to waste the money if it's not going to help. We're getting to the summer when people will be walking around the neighborhood and I don't want them knowing. At 6 weeks into flower, the smell in the basement is as strong as my last grow with no filter. The last strain was CBD though so maybe those don't smell as bad?

Thanks.
First off you are overfeeding if your PPMs are tripling. I do water changes every week which I would recommend. The carbon filter, well you got the cheapest one you could find. Try a Can filter, stealth filter. Regardless I only use them for 3 runs and they are trash.

BC21596

BC21596

First off you are overfeeding if your PPMs are tripling. I do water changes every week which I would recommend. The carbon filter, well you got the cheapest one you could find. Try a Can filter, stealth filter. Regardless I only use them for 3 runs and they are trash.
I'm using the product recommended levels. Should I just lower them all by 50%? I'm using Hydroguard, CalMag, Grow, Micro, and Bloom nutrients.

Also, the filter came with a grow tent kit so I'm sure it's the cheapest. The Can filter is $160 though. Are there any options in-between that you're aware of?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm using the product recommended levels. Should I just lower them all by 50%? I'm using Hydroguard, CalMag, Grow, Micro, and Bloom nutrients.

Also, the filter came with a grow tent kit so I'm sure it's the cheapest. The Can filter is $160 though. Are there any options in-between that you're aware of?
gorilla has a sweet one

Anthem

Anthem

Yes, you can get the Active Air they are OK.
In regards to the nutrients, yes drop to basically 50 percent on the actual nutrients. The hydro guard I would run as specified. Cal Mag depends on the lighting. I run up to 10 mills per gallon with Gavita 1700's and CO2 depending on the light source the needs of the plant change.
Cal Mag
HPS 5 Mills per gallon
OK LED's probably 5 mills per gallon
High PPFD LED's 10 mills per gallon

Top Bottom