Lawsuit filed against California weed companies for not getting consumers high enough

• Thread starter Deadstill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Source- https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...d-companies-not-getting-consumers-high-enough

Lawsuit filed against California weed companies for not getting consumers high enough​

Jeeter writes on its packaging that its product is 'the one Joint that will get you to Mars quicker than Elon Musk'

Two weed companies in California have been sued for allegedly not getting consumers high enough after promising more potent products.

The class-action lawsuit was filed Thursday against DreamFields Brands, Inc. and Med for America, Inc. over a product they produce. The suit alleges that Jeeter prerolls advertise much higher THC levels than they actually contain.

Jeeter's packaging claims its pre-rolled products average around 35% THC content and can reach as high as 46% on some products. Jeeter writes on its packaging that its product is "the one Joint that will get you to Mars quicker than Elon Musk."

But the lawsuit claims the actual THC of the products are much lower than advertised. The Baby Jeeter Fire OG Diamond Infused 5-Pack Preroll, which purports to contain 46% THC, only contains between 23% to 27%, according to an independent lab test cited in the complaint.

"Consumers are willing to pay more for cannabis products with higher THC content, and expect to pay less for cannabis products with lower THC content," wrote Christin Cho of Dovel and Luner, the law firm that filed the lawsuit. "The complaint alleges that by labeling its products with inflated THC numbers, defendants are overcharging consumers."

The complaint also claims the alleged inflated THC levels are part of a growing problem within the marijuana industry.

"The demand for high-THC products has, unfortunately, led to ‘THC inflation’— the practice of intentionally listing false, high THC content on labels," the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit alleges that Jeeter’s mislabeled packaging violated multiple California consumer laws regarding false advertising, as well as regulations set by the state’s Department of Cannabis Control.

The plaintiffs in the case are seeking punitive damages, an injunction against the company and a jury if the case were to go to trial.

FOX Business has reached out to both companies for further information.
46%.. Give me a break. Maybe with an extract added to the joint... >.>

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
I recently perused the flower menu at a local dispensary, because I know there will be a gap in my sativa supply before my next harvest. About half the shit they had on the "flower" menu was pre-rolls that were somehow enhanced by extracts of various sorts. Fuck that shit.

Yeah not to mention pre-rolls are almost always made up of shake and trim leftovers, it's how most dispensaries get rid of it. So I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are upping THC content with an extract added to it, but there's no way 46% from just flower in a pre-roll...

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Yeah not to mention pre-rolls are almost always made up of shake and trim leftovers, it's how most dispensaries get rid of it. So I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are upping THC content with an extract added to it, but there's no way 46% from just flower in a pre-roll...
A few years ago, when I first got a med card (it's expired now), every dispensary I visited for the first time gave me all kinds of freebies, including a pre-roll that the guy waxed on about. ["First it's infused with whatever, then we coat it with blah-blah-blah..."] I stopped listening, because I was looking at their flower menu.

A few weeks later, I found it in my freezer, where all the pre-rolls ended up, before giving them to whoever wanted them. "Hey, this is the super-duper, whatever-the-fuck pre-roll. Let's try it."

Well, it was like inhaling toxic waste. I assume it would have gotten me high if I didn't instantly put it out in the sink and toss it in the trash.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
A few years ago, when I first got a med card (it's expired now), every dispensary I visited for the first time gave me all kinds of freebies, including a pre-roll that the guy waxed on about. ["First it's infused with whatever, then we coat it with blah-blah-blah..."] I stopped listening, because I was looking at their flower menu.

A few weeks later, I found it in my freezer, where all the pre-rolls ended up, before giving them to whoever wanted them. "Hey, this is the super-duper, whatever-the-fuck pre-roll. Let's try it."

Well, it was like inhaling toxic waste. I assume it would have gotten me high if I didn't instantly put it out in the sink and toss it in the trash.

Yeah, there's a lot of profit in pre-rolls these days with our lazy lifestyles and the age of convenience. According to a seminar I attended at CannaCon they're the most profitable and popular sellers at dispensaries across the country. But, like I said, most of that profit comes from using shake and trim material that would normally get extracted at a cost of 50%. I myself am an avid blunt smoker and I can roll 'em with my eyes closed, 1 hand tied behind my back and upside down 🤣 before most people could even get the blunt split 🤣 so I will never partake in pre-roll consumption, personally. But I get why people might like them, especially folks who can't roll for shit - and there's a lot of them! LOL! 🤠

Latest posts

Top Bottom