Layin' Hard pipe...

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I got a roll of some 4ft tomato cage, cut it to fit around the bucket, and zip tied it to the bucket with a 4ft zip tie. I've been training the branches to go horizontally through the cages. I've been running 4 buckets under 1 light. this system will be similar, but probably a 3ft screen just for support and a bush style of grow. I'm running 2 different techniques on the same type of system, I'll post a pic of the other place that actually has plants in it when I go over there. this system has 2 plants per light because I fucked up my math and only started 16 plants! Ha!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Oh Rick! Tear it up! Check out that dippin' speedo fruit basket!

Rick's layin' that HARRRRRRRRRRD pipe DOWN!

F

FileError404

Do you prime and cement them? I was wondering when I put mine together about the toxicity of the primer/cement. Always used it to drain with it but only to waste, any reassurances?

tx

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

there's always going to be a little VOC added to the water anytime you use a sealant, be it silicone or glue. I like the christys red hot blue glue myself. there's probably just as much VOC comming from the plastic in the pumps, res, airlines, ect as the glue. PVC glue is formulated with drinking water in mind. Give the glue a day to cure and you'll be fine.

1" hard pipe sends much better pressure dispersion than 3/4" flexi PVC.

oh lost, went to bennies no H2o2 on this round in the RDWC. Blew my mind, 16 plants grew about a foot and a half, filled a 5 gallon bucket with roots and drank 70 gallons of water, all in 3 days. Fuck dead res, that's rediculous growth. went with roots bennies added straight onto the hydroton. The chiller is the secret.

too much heat, mites, and the chiller breaking pretty much screwed the flexi pipe grow, but the hard pipe grow is going strong. it needs screens or something like that on the returns, the roots are clogging them. Need tubs not buckets,1" drains, bennies make carazy roots..

View attachment camreage 021.jpg
aleYarok

aleYarok

can u share what bennies youre using??? one day id like to venture away from a dead res

K

kuz

Looks great Mr.Sputnik. Looks like you found a different way to connect the hose to the pipe? I cant find the fittings Lost is using at Home Depot, or any good way of doing it.

I was wondering about the bennies also, are you using talking about Trinity?

L

Lost

Kuz- try lowes.. Otherwise you have the get the pipe pittings with a a slip/slip/threaded and add a 1/2 inch barbed fitting for the tubing..

Mr.Sputnik - Looks really good bro! I'll be following your posts so keep us posted on the grow. I might just go back to my bennies if you do well :)

F

FileError404

Tx lost, I did. But they only had the slip/slip/1/4"...got the 1/2"cher fittings in already :)

Bennies?

Edit: lol, tought you calling me cus....

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I found threaded PVC pipe at home depot. I'm using 3/4" barbed to 3/4" npt threaded fittings from the sprinkler section. then I used a 3/4" npt threaded to a 1" slip fit PVC for the inlet on the front of the hard PVC pipe and glued it on with christy's red hot blue glue. The T pieces for the outlet are labled as 1" X 1" X 1/2" npt. It's two 1" slip fit ends with a threaded 1/2" in the middle. You can find the threaded and barbed 1/2" pieces in the sprinkler section as well. I had to step up from 1/2" to 3/4" before the buckets as the ebb and flow fittings only work in 3/4". I will buy better fittings made for buckets next time, these leak a little and just suck overall but they were easily available. The hose is just 3/4" flexi PVC sprinkler system hose available in the sprinkler section. Buy a hose cutting tool to cut that stuff, you will thank me later. the PVC hose is difficult to put on and remove from the barbed fittings just so you know.

the room is a sealed system with two 38,000btu A/C window units keeping the place in the low 70's and the RH around 50%. The hoods are air cooled with dedicated ventilation, no air exchange from within the room with the lights. It flows from outside, through the lights, through the fan, and back outside.

I'm using roots oregonism beneficials. I didn't use an enzyme at first and lost a plant to pythium and another one looked like it was getting it but half-assly recovered with an h202 flush. I would NOT run a benny without tricoderma in RDWC. Roots oregonism, great white, and humboldt myco madness all have tricoderma.

I realized today that I also didn't add silicone to the mix. Silicone and humates definitely help keep things from going south.

I'm trying different enzymes at the moment and yes you need an enzyme to break down decaying root matter so the tricoderma can eat it. I already tried hydrozyme and it didn't work like I thought it would. Tried the roots excelleurator as well but there are already WAY too many roots for the buckets. Maybe they worked and I just added them too late. I'm thinking of going back to a dead res for the rest of the cycle if pythium shows up in a 3rd plant. I'm going to try the humboldt prozyme next. I should think outside of the catalog from the grow store and find a new enzyme if the prozyme doesn't work either.

roots have been clogging the two 3/4" drains in this system, so they will be upgraded to a 1 1/2" or 2" drain on the next run. I wasn't expecting this kind of explosive growth with the bennies. The plants that clogged their drains were the ones that got the pythium.

this isn't actually my grow. well, I say that as I'm not the one maintaining the place. It's my afghani strain, I built the system, set the room up to my specs and tell the caretaker (Dr.Feelgood) how to run it and he does a great job of keeping things maintained and calling me if there's even a slight issue with something. It's pretty nice and it's working well for both of us and the third party who put up the funds is amazed.

It's in a commercially zoned location run by a private caregiver. The firemen who inspected the place were quite interested in the grow. :party They said it was by far the best setup they had seen in Denver and they have apparently seen ALOT of commercial grows. All of the grows they had seen were in dirt, this was the first hydro setup the fire department had seen. I was really shocked about that at first but most people in the commercial side in denver have absoloutely no idea what they are doing so maybe I shouldn't be that shocked. WEED NOT GREED!!! lol

Next time it'll be smaller plants in buckets. 1 more personal run in the buckets with hoods at the new place and then onto tubs with watercooled vertical lighting. the plan is to keep two 55 gallon drums in my greenhouse for a nice beneficial heat exchange system in the winter months.

C

canaguy27

I cant find the fittings Lost is using at Home Depot, or any good way of doing it.

look at a larger lowes in the sprinkler section. it took me awhile to see them sitting there in the boxes. didnt see them at hd

sputnik,

i have mpbs with 2 1" drains that could easily get clogged. with the 1800gph pump into 5 buckets, the drains are halfway full of runoff already. next time i will play it safe with 2 2" drains.

check craigslist for those 275 gallon ibc totes. he is in longmont and has a ton of clean ones. they are stackable and can fill up a res rather quickly during weekly flush. they also have a threaded fitting on the bottom with a shutoff valve

i have my lamps in 8" air cooled tubes with 2 12" vortex fans that keeps the glass cool to the touch.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

that's what i'm thinking cannaguy, 2" drains. these buckets will still be good for vegging before the tubs but I'm not flowering in these again unless the plants are under a foot tall.

Crazy stretch with a landrace afghani, who would have thought!

cardrack111

cardrack111

agree on the 2" drains. im not even wk 4 yet and 2 of my tubs are full of roots. one plugged today and i came in to quite a mess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom