Lead's Coco Grow #2

• Thread starter leadsled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Here are some pics and info for a medical grow I did in coco.

The Strain is u2 kush. Also goes by ewe2. Far as I know, It is supposedly a bubba cross.

Did not do any topping or trimming. (probably should have)

My 1st time With coco, c02, Sealed room, Advanced Nutrients, New Strain and 4-1000 watt light vs 1k. This was my 2nd grow.

Room ran 78F and 50% RH, PPM/TDS of nutes was never over 1200 (still got some burning and bleaching)

I grew 8 plants per 4x4 tray under a 1000 watt hps, and transplaneted and flipped to flower 32 clones in perfect pots.

Used 100% sunshine "just coir" for the clones. Started the 8 pots with coco/perlite mix, swapped to 100% coco when transplanted to grow bags.

Using a Sentinel CTC-1 and 18k btu wall unit AC, 70 pint dehuey, canfan/filter for scrubber.

Nutes:
Sensi A/b
Voodo Juice/Pirhana/Taranatula
Carbo Load
Big Blood, Big Bud and Overdrive
Hygrozyme
Barricade
Humic and fulvic
b-52 week 3 on in flower.
Clearex During flush

Used Colassal Bud Blast as a foliar up to week 3.

Would feed 1x a week and then r/o water w calmag the rest of the week to keep the medium moist.

Ran less than recommended dosages (about 1/2) except for big bud would add the recommended 300ppm

Clones for the 8 plants per tray, were started in fox farm ocean forest then switched to coco. 32 clones were started in ezclone and stuck into 100% coco and flowered.

Used top drip for the 8 plants per tray. And combination of top feeding, then ebb and flow for the 32 clones.

Now the pics, Click on each one to view bigger.

Day 7 of flower:
36 clones transplanted and straight to flower. 2 gallon perfect pots.
DAY7_41.jpg

DAY7_2.jpg

DAY7_3.jpg

DAY71.jpg

Day 14 of flower:

clones are taking off

day143.jpg

started 8 per 4x4 in perfect pots, transplanted to 7 gallon grow bags at week 2

day14_2.jpg

day14_3.jpg

day14_4.jpg

day14_5.jpg

day14_6.jpg

day14_7.jpg

day14_8.jpg

Day 28: (Lost week 3 pics)

top_View_996431.jpg

clones tray
SEA_923349.jpg

trichs starting to pack on
macro_day28_2_62934.jpg

macro_day28_549060.jpg

flower_465090.jpg

cola28_184520.jpg

canopy28_607862.jpg

canopy3_28_799702.jpg

canopy2_28_966117.jpg

bud1_478143.jpg

day 35 flower:

day351.jpg

day352.jpg

day353.jpg

day354.jpg

day355.jpg

day357.jpg

purp_278398.jpg

day 42 flower:

day421.jpg

day422.jpg

day423.jpg

day424.jpg

day425.jpg

day426.jpg

day427.jpg

day428.jpg

Day 50 flower:

IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

trics.jpg

macro13.jpg

Day 56-63 flower.

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

Pulled!

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

Thats it for the pics. I learned alot from that run. I like the strain at 70+ days better. Was first run and going off others feedback that run it for 56 days. They care more about $$ than med quality. I care more about quality of meds.

Ended up yielding little 7.95p and 1/4lb of bubble. 2.3pounds per 1k and 1.3 pounds with the clones.

Hope you enjoy the pics. Let me know if you have any questions.

G

Goatmasterson

dude that shit looks good bro i just started veg the new clones from shannon and killed her off :mad0229: but i think it was better to cut the loss man . u howeaver have some sick ass plants man u are my hero and i just wish i could burn one with u for all the help!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Fantastic results for your first coco run brah! I like to push my girls past 70 days as well for that knockout punch... :punch

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
u2 kush is the bomb.com

Great job lead!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
dude that shit looks good bro i just started veg the new clones from shannon and killed her off :mad0229: but i think it was better to cut the loss man . u howeaver have some sick ass plants man u are my hero and i just wish i could burn one with u for all the help!

Thanks, hey it is hard to start over, but is better off sometimes. :bong-hits:

Fantastic results for your first coco run brah! I like to push my girls past 70 days as well for that knockout punch... :punch

Thanks, I agree about the flowering time. I took another run (after this one) to 80 days and took samples from 70, 76 and 80 days. Depends on who you ask. Some say 56 days other say 70.

I know when you say you like 70 days, I know I would like smoking your buds :)

Bubba kush / master kush both seem to be that way. Can pull em at 56 to 70, depending on the effect you like.

u2 kush is the bomb.com

Great job lead!

Thanks, Looking forward to doing a run with her again.

J

JoeKing

Lookin sick as hell! Just one question, the first few pics that you had placed clones into flower immidiately, were the plants in the background in flower from clone as well? I have always wonder about flowering large numbers of small plants from clones, rather than vegging a coulple dozen bushier plants for a month. Thanks for sharing.
Joe

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Sick Grow!
Thanks!

Lookin sick as hell! Just one question, the first few pics that you had placed clones into flower immidiately, were the plants in the background in flower from clone as well? I have always wonder about flowering large numbers of small plants from clones, rather than vegging a coulple dozen bushier plants for a month. Thanks for sharing.
Joe

Thanks, The plants in the background were from clone and vegged for about 3-4 week. You can gain some some yield with less veg time and higher plants #'s.

The clones that were transplanted would have yielded more if I let them veg for a week. Can also yield more if you did 2x the plants.

Results also depend on the strain. Not sure u2 would handle 64+ clones, They get bushy.

Single cola or strain that grows straight up is probably better suited to "sea of green". (that is the name for the technique of growing higher plant numbers of clones flipped)

Some math for ya:
32 - 1 oz plants or 64 - 1/2 oz plants = 2lb

Lead

J

jimmygreen

Awesome work for your first in coco.
Another question is you said you like them at 70 days while some like them after 56 days. What is the difference in the effect of the medicine? Or is it just in yeild?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Awesome work for your first in coco.
Another question is you said you like them at 70 days while some like them after 56 days. What is the difference in the effect of the medicine? Or is it just in yeild?

Thanks, I had good help and advice.
The difference is mainly in effect. You do also get a little more yield going for 63 days vs 56.

Difference in effect is more of a head high vs a more couchlock, sit around, body stone.

I find it is best to go by the microscope/loupe and by testing to find what personally works for you.

In my experience, there is not a set date or time. But can usually tell by a month in on how things are going.

After a few harvests of the same strain you can experience the difference.

Until then, hope that makes sense and is helpful.

H

HotLooSey

Hi Lead,
Thanks for your posts and replies.
I am changing my setup from large soil (10-15 gal) plants, to 3 gal in coco in trays with a top feed system like yours.
I've been using a nute mix very similar to yours, i'll be switching from iguana to Sensi a/b. Any of the other nutes, especially the organics, cause any challenges for you?

Did you have to clean out your reservoirs or clean out the system from time to time? Flush water through??

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Hi Lead,
Thanks for your posts and replies.
I am changing my setup from large soil (10-15 gal) plants, to 3 gal in coco in trays with a top feed system like yours.
I've been using a nute mix very similar to yours, i'll be switching from iguana to Sensi a/b. Any of the other nutes, especially the organics, cause any challenges for you?

Did you have to clean out your reservoirs or clean out the system from time to time? Flush water through??

Your welcome. No problems at all with the AN organics. Iguana Juice, Monkey Juice, MET all will work fine.

What type of organics are you referring to?

Regarding cleaning.
I use 2 res's one with nutes one with r/o water. Nutes never sit in the drip lines for long.

Plus I am doing a water, feed, water routine, so the drip lines also get cleared out with water.

This system has been used by me and then I have built setups for numerous patients.

Yes, I clean and rinse out the reservoirs in between grows. Otherwise just rinse out and refill after using. added a drain valve on the bottom.

I do not want 100% organic nutes sitting in a res for more than 48, maybe 72 hours. I tend to add the organics when the res is half empty, or right before a feeding.

Or brew up a tea then add directly to the plants.

oh, also,

No CalMag?

Yes, I use calmg+ 5ml per gallon.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Man o man, sorry for not already responding. I really love your set up, super fly for sure. Great Job

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Man o man, sorry for not already responding. I really love your set up, super fly for sure. Great Job

Thanks for the comment and for stopping by. Will have new show going up soon. Going to give the pura vida a run.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Very cool, i just went this weekend and picked a couple gallons of the Pura Vida.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks, I agree about the flowering time. I took another run (after this one) to 80 days and took samples from 70, 76 and 80 days. Depends on who you ask. Some say 56 days other say 70.

I know when you say you like 70 days, I know I would like smoking your buds :)

Bubba kush / master kush both seem to be that way. Can pull em at 56 to 70, depending on the effect you like.
I missed this thread. That was your SECOND grow? Fantastical! I've got some Orange and Bubba Kush girls that I've taken to day... 76 or 77 (my notes are downstairs), did the final flush on them last night, gonna let them go thirsty tonight and pull tomorrow.

That's pretty impressive for your second run in coco.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Very cool, i just went this weekend and picked a couple gallons of the Pura Vida.

cool, got a gallon on sale. lower ph than pbp.

I missed this thread. That was your SECOND grow? Fantastical! I've got some Orange and Bubba Kush girls that I've taken to day... 76 or 77 (my notes are downstairs), did the final flush on them last night, gonna let them go thirsty tonight and pull tomorrow.

That's pretty impressive for your second run in coco.

yes my second grow. 1st grow w coco. Thanks!
Your going to love the 70+ smoke.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I dig that setup, especially with the ease of the 2 res system

some good work bro - setup and the buds

J

jadebuddha

Wish i could see pics but i have an imagination. 7 years later. Hows it going peeps?

Top Bottom