Leaf Abnormalty

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Hi guys..anyone had leaves like this .i havnt the faintest whats causing it..all other plants are looking good and have had the same in nutes and same ammendments to soil.ive noticed it the last week or so..my guess its a disease or maybe even something attacking roots..any help would b muchly appreciated..pics
Leaf abnormalty
Leaf abnormalty 2

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I haven’t seen it myself , hoping someone can chime in. But ive seen this effect on overwatered or waterlogged soil in seedlings in pot’s but never in ground.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

You could b onto something Jack.we have been having quite a few of showers last week.more tomorrow then light rain the nxt.grounds not water logged though.its not affecting others but that plant is a blue cheese and others are all sherbets.

Madmax

Madmax

Actually .. come to think of it .. ground wasnt overly wet but moist when i put worm castings around plant. .hence me giving it a l8ght watering bout a litre to water in the castings.if it was wet i wouldnt of watered it.the soil actually drains okay ...the castings were dug in 3-4 inches..maybe it will grow out of it

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Actually .. come to think of it .. ground wasnt overly wet but moist when i put worm castings around plant. .hence me giving it a l8ght watering bout a litre to water in the castings.if it was wet i wouldnt of watered it.the soil actually drains okay ...the castings were dug in 3-4 inches..maybe it will grow out of it
Check for bugs, first pic very top lower leaf looks like spider or thrips damage.

Madmax

Madmax

Cant see any bugs,aphids etc.i reckon its def the soil as the problem is not systematic.
none of the others are showing this.basically same ammendments.could b a bit too strong for her.as it the only blue cheese there left.there is chicken,cow,mushroom in there all composted well.theres also suphur too..oyster shell bloodn bone etc..could b not mixed thoroughly and roots have hit a potent bit in soil???.i cut the plastic off sides of me mini hothouse to keep water off it for now..you can see ive tried to stop the wind rebounding off shed when its windy.will put a piece of lattice there to break it up later..
20181109 154419

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Cant see any bugs,aphids etc.i reckon its def the soil as the problem is not systematic.
none of the others are showing this.basically same ammendments.could b a bit too strong for her.as it the only blue cheese there left.there is chicken,cow,mushroom in there all composted well.theres also suphur too..oyster shell bloodn bone etc..could b not mixed thoroughly and roots have hit a potent bit in soil???.i cut the plastic off sides of me mini hothouse to keep water off it for now..you can see ive tried to stop the wind rebounding off shed when its windy.will put a piece of lattice there to break it up later..View attachment 840100
Aye looking like you did everything right mate! Let’s hope she rebounds soon

Madmax

Madmax

I hope it does too bud.hate seeing girls with probs and leaves looking small.seems like a missed opportunity when you only have soo much space to work with.its near a little late to put another one in..i think the only thing i can do is just watch,dont give her any water or nutes,wait for soil to dry if no improvement i'll just drench if say its the gear in soil,then see what happens..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Check for bugs, first pic very top lower leaf looks like spider or thrips damage.

Yup, that's what broad mites did to my girls this year.

@Madmax, I know your pretty thorough but did you use strong magnification to check for pests? I don't know what pests are local to you down there but if you do get broad mites, they're tiny. I had to use my 60x loupe to see them on my girls. That's why I missed them in my initial pest inspections.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah i just used glasses last time so i heeded your advice and used my jewelers loupe for better inspection..didnt see anything moving but i did see like these little round bubbles lol.They looked like a small tricome without a stalk and appear cloudy to the eye.dunno what the heck i was looking at

Madmax

Madmax

Forgot to say i killed a red mite yesterday on her..those dont lay eggs like bubbles do they.
Ive seen and killed the odd one on plants.near orange like when you squash them actually

Madmax

Madmax

Yep BINGO..Those bubbles im seeing are eggs.killed 6 little red fuckers on plant..they are on the others aswell..out comes the de ..."KA BOOM "

Madmax

Madmax

I added a cup of oyster shell in there buddy before planting.has had cal mag.also..other plants have had same feeds and soil ammendments.i still havnt worked out whats caused it . thats the only thing ive done to correct it.killed the mites.It def wasnt them..i havnt flushed the soil yet.it is getting dry.spose to have some rain coming so no point drenching then rain comes .other plants going very well .i dont think a deficiency would do that .toxicity maybe.leaves are getting a little smaller and still looking diseased like .Soil is 6.5..plants still growing just small.the leaves are really shiny.dark green.actually they are not that dark.

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I added a cup of oyster shell in there buddy before planting.has had cal mag.also..other plants have had same feeds and soil ammendments.i still havnt worked out whats caused it . thats the only thing ive done to correct it.killed the mites.It def wasnt them..i havnt flushed the soil yet.it is getting dry.spose to have some rain coming so no point drenching then rain comes .other plants going very well .i dont think a deficiency would do that .toxicity maybe.leaves are getting a little smaller and still looking diseased like .Soil is 6.5..plants still growing just small.the leaves are really shiny.dark green
Let’s see some pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom