Leaf based problem i cant identify?

• Thread starter romanian1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

romanian1

Lets start with the pictures and by saying im not coming in here half cocked, i have looked at various plant problem FAQs and cant see anything which perfectly describes my problem, anyway, here are the pics, any help would be greatly appreciated:

http://i242.invalid.com/albums/ff243/R0manian1/DSCF0117.jpg
http://i242.invalid.com/albums/ff243/R0manian1/DSCF0116.jpg

Two of my plants have this, both are a week or two into flowering and it appears to be getting worse, i thought initially it was nute burn and flushed the plants immediately but it does appear to be getting worse.

Theyve been fed on baby bio mixed with tomato feed during veg and then comfrey solution and tomato feed mixed for flowering (more for the trace elements than anything)

I think thats all the relevant info i can give, thanks in advance.

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

maybe ...

Ussually when there's some kind of problem I also start with flushing, if that doesn't work I trie enzymes to stabalise the medium (soil, in your case). Good luck.

R

romanian1

I have a friend who has a similar problem, not quite as bad and he very rarely feeds his so i dont know whether its nute based, ive checked for insects with a fine toothcomb and cant see anything, its got me totally puzzled.

J

jhood

I had the same thing with tomato feed my plants didnt like it one bit. I tested the run of and found the ec levels were 39/41 had 2 flush with water and super thrive loads till it came down 2 18. Ill never do it agian. hope every thing turns out good jhood

R

romanian1

It appears on closer inspection it may be an insect based problem, i found several small green winged insects sucking on the leaves, not sure what they are though.

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

looks like insects sucking the sap from the leaf...a oil based spray should help to cure the problem...also crushed up red chilli and garlic in a spray bottle keeps em away...
good luck
regards
MG

R

romanian1

yeah, it now almost certainly looks like thrips.

Right, theyve had a spraying with a soap solution and then a rinse, now i know its not a nute based problem theyve also been fed for the first time in a week.

All i can do now i assume is keep spraying and rinsing daily along with manual removal of any of the little feckers i can see and hope for the best?

thesoftdrugbaron

thesoftdrugbaron

The slight curve in the lower picture ,telling me .. that you also could have a P.H problem..?

R

romanian1

The slight curve in the lower picture ,telling me .. that you also could have a P.H problem..?

What slight curve?

Im really still puzzled by this, every time i think i know what it is, the symptoms are slightly different, ive just lost my fanleaves due to them disintegrating.:(

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

how do the heads look the new growth?? show us the full plant

C

chiliwalt

Those white spots look like a cal/mag def to me, r the ends of the some of the leaves black?. TSDB may be right about the PH, as that can definitely lock out nutrients. Are you in dirt or hydro? PH above 6.5 in hydro can lock out cal.-uptake is best in the 5.8 range. In soil PH of 6.4 or under can lock out cal. Also to me it looks nothin' like thrips, the white spots from thrips are more concentrated, like a bunch of tiny white lines congested on the leaves, often the whole leaf will be congested with these tiny white lines.

Additionally the curl or reverse tacoing the leaves r showing is a strong indication of some type of def.

Anywho hope this helps. Give us more- 411, and flicks...

Kindest Regards, Chili

M

MEAN GREEN

looks like plants got fried from spraying and being under light

J

jaybird

u can try Ed's zero tolerance(its a mixture of cinnamon/garlic/cloves/chilis...but be careful how strong..experiment with different amounts to see what works best for you or try use neem oil but not too thick or u might suffocate your plant by cloging the pores on the leaves...could very much be a cal/mag deficiency as well
(good eye Chili)...ph ph ph...seems like we all are having problems with ph now a days...hope this could help...post your findings...
aloha..be safe...Gro-On
jaybird

J

jaybird

or u can also use azatrol...works good on spidermites...as well as a few others

M

mickmick

that looks just like what i have!!!! looks like bug probs are everyones probs now a days..... damn bugs! good luck to u with the prob.

Look
Top Bottom