Leaf Claw After Bloom Khaos Foliar Feed?

• Thread starter snoplow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
snoplow20

snoplow20

Hey farmers. Been using the nectar for the gods line. Not the whole line. Been using the simple starter kit. It only has 4 bottles to it. But anyways, i decided to use bloom khaos as a foliar feed which is how the recommend using it. So i used it for the first time yesterday at a rate of 5/ml per quart. Sprayed right before lights out. Checked my plants when the lights came back on. Now i have tips of leafs clawing. Lights are off right now. I will take some pics later today. Anybody have this problem using bloom khaos. Anybody have any ideas.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

How long did your lights stay on after you sprayed? I also start with half of what they recommend always.

snoplow20

snoplow20

I sprayed an hour before the lights turned off. I had to go to work and could not wait to spray right before lights off.
How long did your lights stay on after you sprayed? I also start with half of what they recommend always.

snoplow20

snoplow20

According to scott ostrander. Who is the owner of oregon only. He says to feed more herc harvest when you bloom khaos spray. I did a herc harvest feeding after i noticed the clawing. But the soil had not dried out from the last watering.

B

Burned Haze

* Did you ph check it before you sprayed ? Things change over time ? Plus wetting agents could def mess with it . I was using a silica based soap that on mistake spiked the brew to 7.5-9 ph every time ( didn’t know till I was ph proving lol ) but once I started adjusting it things went in order and the wetting agent worked great .

* Feed at 50% suggested ( after re-reading the thread is 5ml ,50%?, if so my bad, just trying to be helpful ) or even 75% then work down 25% till you see within 10-14 days from feed ( remember it’s not instant )if they truest do need 100% and it’s not that (ph off or something else out of wack) then do so. But majority of liquid and dry ferts I use I have to lower or I get high ppm/ec ( not sure why the manufactures think cannabis wants 2-3 ec when lower is better imo)

^ Strains are NPK ( all a little diff, plus if your using a diff mediem and so forth it makes other math differences ) specific and makers of the fertilizers ( exp in cannabis ) want you to use more ( I would think they would want their rates to look more powerful and concentrations and then the people using it by ratio not getting burned lol)

^Fair enough ? Try reduced rate and give the plants time to recover from previous best down and see if that’s the issue ? If not bump to 75%? If not call em( maker of product )

+If you look at what the product is , kelp extract ( ascophyllum nodosum)& that’s it! Raw extracts would be cheaper ( just get a wetting agent ) there you goo!

Last edited by a moderator:
snoplow20

snoplow20

5ml is half dose. Didnt ph the foliar spray. Oregons only should change the video. The guy in the video mixes all the nutrients and ph's it. Feeds the plant. Then he mixes a quart of foliar using bloom khaos whithout ph adjustment.
* Did you ph check it before you sprayed ? Things change over time ? Plus wetting agents could def mess with it . I was using a silica based soap that on mistake spiked the brew to 7.5-9 ph every time ( didn’t know till I was ph proving lol ) but once I started adjusting it things went in order and the wetting agent worked great .

* Feed at 50% suggested ( after re-reading the thread is 5ml ,50%?, if so my bad, just trying to be helpful ) or even 75% then work down 25% till you see within 10-14 days from feed ( remember it’s not instant )if they truest do need 100% and it’s not that (ph off or something else out of wack) then do so. But majority of liquid and dry ferts I use I have to lower or I get high ppm/ec ( not sure why the manufactures think cannabis wants 2-3 ec when lower is better imo)

^ Strains are NPK ( all a little diff, plus if your using a diff mediem and so forth it makes other math differences ) specific and makers of the fertilizers ( exp in cannabis ) want you to use more ( I would think they would want their rates to look more powerful and concentrations and then the people using it by ratio not getting burned lol)

^Fair enough ? Try reduced rate and give the plants time to recover from previous best down and see if that’s the issue ? If not bump to 75%? If not call em( maker of product )

+If you look at what the product is , kelp extract ( ascophyllum nodosum)& that’s it! Raw extracts would be cheaper ( just get a wetting agent ) there you goo!

incogneato

incogneato

Just me but i dont like to foliar. When i run nftg i only use the bk as a pk booster around week 5ish for 2 weeks mixed in with the rest of the nutes. Had some funny stuff happen when i did foliar sprays, again thats just me.

D

Dfrisbie

Hey farmers. Been using the nectar for the gods line. Not the whole line. Been using the simple starter kit. It only has 4 bottles to it. But anyways, i decided to use bloom khaos as a foliar feed which is how the recommend using it. So i used it for the first time yesterday at a rate of 5/ml per quart. Sprayed right before lights out. Checked my plants when the lights came back on. Now i have tips of leafs clawing. Lights are off right now. I will take some pics later today. Anybody have this problem using bloom khaos. Anybody have any ideas.

You want to make sure that you are using enough of the herculean harvest if you are going to use the bloom khaos. Because the bloom khaos allows the plant to uptake 4x the normal amounts of calcium you need to make sure the calcium is present in your root drench before using the bloom khaos. Also make sure that your feedings are at the recommended ph or the calcium won't be available to your plants and you will run into the issue you are having with clawing. The more you use the bloom khaos the more herculean you need to use. Scott recommends a 6:1 ratio of herc. to bloom khaos. 30ml of herculean per gallon in your root drench to 5ml of bloom khaos in your foliar. I hope that this was helpful.

D

Dfrisbie

5ml is half dose. Didnt ph the foliar spray. Oregons only should change the video. The guy in the video mixes all the nutrients and ph's it. Feeds the plant. Then he mixes a quart of foliar using bloom khaos whithout ph adjustment.

Just to clarify you do not want to use a wetting agent when using bloom khaos as a foliar, as you are trying to penetrate the leaf. ph to 6.0-6.2 for best penetration results and its best to spray right when your lights come on.

D

Dfrisbie

Just to clarify you do not want to use a wetting agent when using bloom khaos as a foliar, as you are trying to penetrate the leaf. ph to 6.0-6.2 for best penetration results and it's best to spray right when your lights come on as the leaf stomata are most open as they prepare for the day. If Bob didn't ph in the video definitely follow the instructions on the bottle. My guess is that the water was already ph'd and he forgot to say that. You want to ph the water first, hopefully ph down, because you don't want to use the olympus up in your bk foliar. The bloom khaos shouldn't change your ph much if at all. Again, you can go as low as 5.8 and up to 6.2 and I am quoting Scott from Nectar on that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom