Leaf curling issue help please

• Thread starter NrthTaylor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

Well somehow the page reloaded instead of posting and my entire post is gone....

Hey all,

Been having an issue with my plants in veg.
Cookies kush by barneys farm
Coco/perlite 60/40 with gaia green and worm castings. Water at 6.2 and have been adding cal/mag recently at 1ml liter. I know the issue is related to the calmag as it happens within minutes of watering with calmag and doesn't occur with plain watering. I don't wanna waste the 50$ container of calmag now though

Leaf curling issue help please
Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

I'm not "the most experienced" but I've been through some problems of my own. Do you know the light intensity/temp of the room? It looks to me like it might be either a. Slightly too much light which is causing slight iron deficiency because your tops are yellowing from the inside outward. Or b. You might just have an iron deficiency. I could help you a bit more if you give me the day/night temps, and your lighting source/distance from your tops. Could also be a little too much direct airflow on the leaves

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

I'm not "the most experienced" but I've been through some problems of my own. Do you know the light intensity/temp of the room? It looks to me like it might be either a. Slightly too much light which is causing slight iron deficiency because your tops are yellowing from the inside outward. Or b. You might just have an iron deficiency. I could help you a bit more if you give me the day/night temps, and your lighting source/distance from your tops. Could also be a little too much direct airflow on the leaves

Sorry, I knew I was leaving something out lol. Temp is between 78-81 always. Rh is around 50%. I have a 12inch fan oscillating about 7 feet away. The light is an SF2k at 24 inches. 100%. I moved the light up from about 20 inches yesterday as I was thinking about light burn as well. Wasn't aware light intensity could cause iron deficiency though so that's helpful lol. Why does the leaf curling happen when they're being fed iron then though? I was thinking the yellowing was nitrogen as there about 4 days away from top dress. If you need any other information I'll do my best to answer. I had zero issues the first time running these from seed. These are clones from the seeds that just got chopped 2 weeks ago. The clones have had issues basically the whole time though which is weird.

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

Other than the calmag the only new addition to my grow is using a 21gallon garbage can as my water tank and then transferring to 5 gallon buckets to water and pH. Could I possibly be having issues with the garbage can leeching into the water....?

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

I guess I worded that wrong haha sorry I meant to say that the beginning stages of light burn and an iron deficiency look very similar. I think dont quote me on this but I think too much light makes the plant overphotosynthesize and in turn soak up more water. Since it's over respirating it tries to defend itself by closing its stomata which eventually ends up making it get locked out on nutrients.

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

I guess I worded that wrong haha sorry I meant to say that the beginning stages of light burn and an iron deficiency look very similar. I think dont quote me on this but I think too much light makes the plant overphotosynthesize and in turn soak up more water. Since it's over respirating it tries to defend itself by closing its stomata which eventually ends up making it get locked out on nutrients.
That totally makes sense lol. And seems like it could be a factor in my scenario. They were getting 24 hours of light as well. I've dialed back to 18/6, put intensity to 70% and they're looking a bit better already.

Latest posts

Top Bottom