Leaf darkening? How is my plant doing?

• Thread starter Aberj3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aberj3

Aberj3

Leaf discoloration

Fellow growers, I need your help. This plant is a Mephisto Double Grape. Day 62. Medium is 50% peat/50% vermiculite with some amendments. Growing outdoors in AZ.

Feeding pHd water at 6.4, using 20-10-20 jacks fertilizer at 1.3EC. This has been watered to runoff and outflow EC has never been higher than 1.8. Given water only when outflow greatly exceeds input.

Some of the leaves are darkening. Is this fading or do I have a problem.

This has been my most productive grow to date and I want to make sure I get it across the finish line.

thanks in advance

Leaf darkening  how is my plant doing
Leaf darkening  how is my plant doing 2
Leaf darkening  how is my plant doing 3
Last edited:
Aberj3

Aberj3

@Mr.GreenthumbOG looks like either a excessive calcium, magnesium or nitrogen to me but i cant put my finger on it. what do you think?
Thank you for your response. I am a bit baffled. I have had nitrogen toxicity before and it doesn’t appear to be that. The tips aren’t burnt, so I am kind of stumped. There are small amounts of Dolomite Lime and silica, but those were part of the original soil amendment so I am not sure why they would be responding only now.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Thank you for your response. I am a bit baffled. I have had nitrogen toxicity before and it doesn’t appear to be that. The tips aren’t burnt, so I am kind of stumped. There are small amounts of Dolomite Lime and silica, but those were part of the original soil amendment so I am not sure why they would be responding only now.
nitrogen toxicity is different then excessive. I follow this chart to find out plants problems. Save it and zoom into it to read it properly. I do see slight dark green in some of the leaves. hence why i said the above comment but if Mr. Green thinks its good and its almost there than i wouldn't worry and reach the finish line.

Do you have a microscope or a jewelry magnifying glass to look at the trichomes?

1plant deffeciency
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Some simple forms of nutrients provide the wrong ratios of NPK for the different stages of development.
too much N, and not enough @PK1 😂

Aberj3

Aberj3

nitrogen toxicity is different then excessive. I follow this chart to find out plants problems. Save it and zoom into it to read it properly. I do see slight dark green in some of the leaves. hence why i said the above comment but if Mr. Green thinks its good and its almost there than i wouldn't worry and reach the finish line.

Do you have a microscope or a jewelry magnifying glass to look at the trichomes?
I do have a jewelers loupe. I will be watching it over the next few weeks

Reactions: PK1
Top Bottom