Leaf deformities

• Thread starter Mike Hawk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Once in a while I'll have a leaf or two from any given strain start looking funky, hooking sideways, once side of the leaf blade will become much thinner than the other side and turn light green ,etc. It doesn't seem to effect the plant as a whole but it still bugs me and I would like to know what could possibly cause this?

Leaf deformities

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I experience the same thing but only on my clones so I think it is stress related but I can not say for sure I too would like to know whatothers have to say about this

showmegreen

showmegreen

I agree on the stress thing. Happens w my clones too. I think they are tryin ta figure out what they gonna become so they mutate abit so they can git situated bout becomin they're own person (I mean plant). Lots ov thinkin in them lil' babies. More than we can possibly figure.

Twisted pleasure

Twisted pleasure

From my experience it has always been genetics for me. I have seen a few in my dayz do some crazy things and never have I seen it effect anything in the long run but it is interesting.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

You are right on the genetics, as it mainly seems to happen to my OG's only. Even my hellraiser og from seed does it.

N

nightmarecreature

Its TMV. It really doesnt harm anything. All the OGs have it. Extra Cal/Mag helps.

Are you having any problems getting the cuts to roots? Im asking because there is an Eagle resistant fungi going around SoCal. Its causes dimples and wavy leaves and looks somewhat similar to the curl broadmites cause. I was going crazy until I found out it was a fungi.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Its TMV. It really doesnt harm anything. All the OGs have it. Extra Cal/Mag helps.

Are you having any problems getting the cuts to roots? Im asking because there is an Eagle resistant fungi going around SoCal. Its causes dimples and wavy leaves and looks somewhat similar to the curl broadmites cause. I was going crazy until I found out it was a fungi.

No, all my cuts root usually within 7 days in root riots under a dome, sometimes up to 10 but I never have problems with them not rooting.

N

nightmarecreature

No, all my cuts root usually within 7 days in root riots under a dome, sometimes up to 10 but I never have problems with them not rooting.

Then its TMV. Its nothing to worry about. Just up the Cal/Mag a d it wont happen as often.

JaneSupreme

JaneSupreme

I think TMV is different from the deformities commonly seen in the OG Kush? TMV generally displays spots of discoloration in the leaf

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I think TMV is different from the deformities commonly seen in the OG Kush? TMV generally displays spots of discoloration in the leaf
Old thread but maybe worth another round; I also used to believe this was TMV but no longer do..
20190703 195801
20190816 182805

Based on the best available evidence I've read I no longer believe cannabis is affected by TMV. I believe this aberrant growth is caused by grower issues and may be more common among certain strains

cottageman

cottageman

Old thread but maybe worth another round; I also used to believe this was TMV but no longer do..
View attachment 927397View attachment 927399
Based on the best available evidence I've read I no longer believe cannabis is affected by TMV. I believe this aberrant growth is caused by grower issues and may be more common among certain strains
to second this I had growth VERY similar to these pictures if not pretty much exactly and I thought it was TMV as well and I had it in my warehouse so I was freaking out to say the least. Months later and I know now that it definitely was not tmv, and probably genetic since my other strains have grown fine since then and the strain that was producing these kinds of colors had recently undergone massive amounts of stress(root aphid battle) and I think that the genetics might have mutated into causing something like this so I just ended up trashing the strain and the other 3 that were in contact are all perfectly fine and healthy!

Top Bottom