LEAF DISCOLORING on leaf and tips of leaves

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

This is my first plant grow in forty years so I’m relying on reading and forum input. The plant has just started its SIXTH WEEK of FLOWERING after flipping LIGHT cycle to 12/12 thirty-six days ago. I am using a supplement called FLOWER FUEL (1/4 tsp/gal) every other day and HARRIS FISH FERTILIZER (1 tbs/gal) twice per week. I only use r/o water and I have a pretty potent light—a VIPARSPECTRA XS-2000. I must admit the closest buds are only 12” away from light but up until now there has been nothing but nice green leaves...not one bit of discoloration. The lamp has a nice variable control dimming knob so I have turned it down to about 75%. I would appreciate any knowledgeable input!
Leaf discoloring on leaf and tips of leaves

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

It looks like it is isolated to the top growth, so likely you are lacking in a certain micro-nutrient. Also, after vegging and six weeks of flower, it's not uncommon for those things to start to run out. You don't need much at all to begin with, but they do exhaust themselves.

Is this an eight week strain? If so, I wouldn't be too concerned and I'd personally begin my flush now anyways.

Nice looking group of buds you have, btw :)

Mugwort

Mugwort

It looks like it is isolated to the top growth, so likely you are lacking in a certain micro-nutrient. Also, after vegging and six weeks of flower, it's not uncommon for those things to start to run out. You don't need much at all to begin with, but they do exhaust themselves.

Is this an eight week strain? If so, I wouldn't be too concerned and I'd personally begin my flush now anyways.

Nice looking group of buds you have, btw :)
Thanks chad...so you think it’s some sort of nutrient lockout? I don’t know what strain it is. Threw away the description paperwork. In my ignorance I attached no importance, at the time, to the funny names of the strains. I told the guy to give me a potent Sativa when I purchased them. Duhhhh...put seed in dirt, feed and water, give light, wait (while looking at the plant every hour).

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

lol, with an auto flower plant, its almost that easy :) and yes, so many of the names are like, WTF?

Hard to say without knowing the actual strain, but Sativa's do tend to flower for longer than the desired 8 weeks. Yes, it does look like a deficiency of a micronutrient due to the lighter color only effecting the top, new growth, but hopefully it isn't just how the light is hitting it for the picture.

HashSlingingSlasher

HashSlingingSlasher

Tips look burnt so good chance there is a lockout.

Top Bottom