Leaf droop after lst attempt

• Thread starter Doobydoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Doobydoo

Doobydoo

Just tried a lst clip gently on the plant and leaves now drooping. Help what can I do? Don't think stem is broken. 1st pic pre droop. 2nd pic droop.

Leaf droop after lst attempt
Leaf droop after lst attempt 2
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
It will pick up again in a few hours probably, small drop of water might encourage happiness after the chopping :-)

Doobydoo

Doobydoo

It will pick up again in a few hours probably, small drop of water might encourage happiness after the chopping :-)
Thanks. Gave it a good water couple of days ago so would rather not add any more

euphoria526

euphoria526

Yeahhhhh they may look a little sad when you bend them for LST, but they WILL bounce back eventually. Next time you go for LST’ing water AFTER you bend them. They are more pliable when thirsty, and stiffen up when they get wet from moving the water through the plant

crossfader

crossfader

I had the same issue trying LST for the first time, plant was drooping shortly thereafter and I thought I was too rough on her but the next day or so she bounced right back. It can be scary that first training attempt.✌

Madmax

Madmax

Ive never had any negative responses from plant showing distress from being lstd in all my grows..but not saying they dont...give it another go..ive never used clips etc just either pegged or tied over 90 deg.i just use my index finger gently push down is the best way to feel how far you can bend them,and i would then come back couple hrs or whatever and reposition tie it down more till i had it where i wanted.those clip look the go but after awhile once plant thickens youd have to take it off i gather..

Doobydoo

Doobydoo

Ive never had any negative responses from plant showing distress from being lstd in all my grows..but not saying they dont...give it another go..ive never used clips etc just either pegged or tied over 90 deg.i just use my index finger gently push down is the best way to feel how far you can bend them,and i would then come back couple hrs or whatever and reposition tie it down more till i had it where i wanted.those clip look the go but after awhile once plant thickens youd have to take it off i gather..
Yes I did wonder how to get the clips off after!

Doobydoo

Doobydoo

Yeahhhhh they may look a little sad when you bend them for LST, but they WILL bounce back eventually. Next time you go for LST’ing water AFTER you bend them. They are more pliable when thirsty, and stiffen up when they get wet from moving the water through the plant
Thanks

firstgrowdontknow

firstgrowdontknow

. I dont believe the plants can be hurt as long as you give them some time to recover and dont snap the stem in half(even then, tape it lol). Knowing what I kow now I wouldve done this differently, but hey it worked.

Doobydoo

Doobydoo

I had the same issue trying LST for the first time, plant was drooping shortly thereafter and I thought I was too rough on her but the next day or so she bounced right back. It can be scary that first training attempt.✌
Thank you

Madbud

Madbud

Weird, i always bend after a good watering to not break any branches, they feel juicier.

Top Bottom