Leaf edges are curling up

• Thread starter hakop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hakop

hakop

Hellos everyone recently ran across a problem it’s been 1 week im having this issues

Lights are Luxx DE 1000w
3’ away at 800watts currently

I was thinking it’s possibly light stress
But I’ve had the same strain 2’ away at 1000watts with same lighting and never had curl

I just entered week 2 of flower (day 10)
I’m doing drip feed to waste

running Athena blended line
Ph before I start feeding is 5.8
Ec is 2.0
Run off is at 5.8 -5.9
Ec 2.3

bouta week ago when I first noticed problem
I check my run off ph and it was at 6.4 so I got it down

my room temps/humidity a week ago where
82/55

Now I have my temps at 78/60

any ideas what my problem can be
I had a minor thrip problem I resolved and ive been monitoring my plants haven’t seen no sign of them or and other pests

My plants leafs have been up and praying for the past 3 weeks they’re still praying even with the curl
I don’t want this to affect my flower and yield
Any info is greatly appreciated

I can post more pics if needed
Leaf edges are curling up
Leaf edges are curling up 2
Leaf edges are curling up 3

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hellos everyone recently ran across a problem it’s been 1 week im having this issues

Lights are Luxx DE 1000w
3’ away at 800watts currently

I was thinking it’s possibly light stress
But I’ve had the same strain 2’ away at 1000watts with same lighting and never had curl

I just entered week 2 of flower (day 10)
I’m doing drip feed to waste

running Athena blended line
Ph before I start feeding is 5.8
Ec is 2.0
Run off is at 5.8 -5.9
Ec 2.3

bouta week ago when I first noticed problem
I check my run off ph and it was at 6.4 so I got it down

my room temps/humidity a week ago where
82/55

Now I have my temps at 78/60

any ideas what my problem can be
I had a minor thrip problem I resolved and ive been monitoring my plants haven’t seen no sign of them or and other pests

My plants leafs have been up and praying for the past 3 weeks they’re still praying even with the curl
I don’t want this to affect my flower and yield
Any info is greatly appreciated

I can post more pics if needed
View attachment 1153758View attachment 1153759View attachment 1153760
ec seems quite high ?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Is it only at very top layer, or does it go deeper?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Have you thoroughly looked for bugs? Scope? 60x or higher? Get to looking thoroughly......
That curling of the linner leaf by the petoile is sometimes indicative of a russet mite infestation....not good...lol...hope for you its not

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
ec seems quite high ?
Yea, it's high no doubt, and I lean toward what your saying, but not always the case. I think also looking closely for bugs is a good idea.
Looks like an EC cascade type failure. Could be bug, or heat induced. This is what happens when you've got things running on max, then a environmental change throws it over the top. I've seen it happen more than once.

Dial the lights back now, and give a flush. I think you're going to drop a lot of leaves if you don't correct this carefully.

hakop

hakop

Yea, it's high no doubt, and I lean toward what your saying, but not always the case. I think also looking closely for bugs is a good idea.
Looks like an EC cascade type failure. Could be bug, or heat induced. This is what happens when you've got things running on max, then a environmental change throws it over the top. I've seen it happen more than once.

Dial the lights back now, and give a flush. I think you're going to drop a lot of leaves if you don't correct this carefully.
I’ll give it a try
It’s weird cuz my plants are still praying
I’ll lower my lights down to 500w
Room temp down to 75
I’ll hit them with nuke em by fly skull
Just in case I do have some russet mites

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I’ll give it a try
It’s weird cuz my plants are still praying
I’ll lower my lights down to 500w
Room temp down to 75
I’ll hit them with nuke em by fly skull
Just in case I do have some russet mites
Your looking along the bottom sides right along the veins, and especially at the junction were the veins meet together.

hakop

hakop

Your looking along the bottom sides right along the veins, and especially at the junction were the veins meet together.
Completely top to bottom going through each leaf fingers
Including the fan leaf stem

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Mostly tops but there’s some that are lower
well my guess it too much sunlight for the ppm, something out of whack there, I think. Especially if it's just the tops, it might be a bit too bright. Those DE tubes are pretty damn powerful. I once had two of them in a 5x5 and needed to shut one down, it was just too much.

I would check/keep eye on your top leaf temps, if possible. Mid or late in the day, or during temp peaks... Anytime your temps start getting 80++ you need to consider how much your light is adding into that, and how much the ventilation can keep up....

If I know my flowers are going to be subject to high temps for a few hours getting though a hotspot in the day, I'll actually dial back, or even off the lights. I would rather they have under sunlight, than over. In the end it's all about having control over your grow conditions, but if that goes out the window, and your up against extremes, you've got to have some sorts of "relief" valves built into the grow.

If any of that makes sense.
If it's later in the cycle, That's also when I start considering reducing light hours, and wrapping up a grow earlier, instead of dragging it out. Induce ripening. But in your case, your still in the veg stage, so the best course is to nurse them back into vigorous health again. Your just approaching week 2, so that's not an option.

Cannabis really does thrive in cooler weather.

Last edited:
hakop

hakop

well my guess it too much sunlight for the ppm, something out of whack there, I think. Especially if it's just the tops, it might be a bit too bright. Those DE tubes are pretty damn powerful. I once had two of them in a 5x5 and needed to shut one down, it was just too much.

I would check/keep eye on your top leaf temps, if possible. Mid or late in the day, or during temp peaks... Anytime your temps start getting 80++ you need to consider how much your light is adding into that, and how much the ventilation can keep up....

If I know my flowers are going to be subject to high temps for a few hours getting though a hotspot in the day, I'll actually dial back, or even off the lights. I would rather they have under sunlight, than over. In the end it's all about having control over your grow conditions, but if that goes out the window, and your up against extremes, you've got to have some sorts of "relief" valves built into the grow.

If any of that makes sense.
If it's later in the cycle, That's also when I start considering reducing light hours, and wrapping up a grow earlier, instead of dragging it out. Induce ripening. But in your case, your still in the veg stage, so the best course is to nurse them back into vigorous health again. Your just approaching week 2, so that's not an option.

Cannabis really does thrive in cooler weather.
Dam that’s what I was forgetting to do check leaf temps thanks for reminding me

I’ll lower ec to like 1.3-1.5 for next week or 2 and see if that fixes the issue as well

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Also lets not forget the apicals too. Thats where they build their numbers up if they can get insode the plant. Thats my evaluation so far from a friend that has dealt with them for a fee months now....

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

Those plants look pretty damn healthy and if it was pests, it seems unlikely the first sign would be the top canopy leaves curling uniformly across multiple plants. Typically stress signs from pests will begin towards the bottom, closer to the soil and not uniformly across the entire plant.

Do you have a fan on them? Leaves curling upwards or canoeing without discoloration can be a sign of wind stress. If you have a fan only hitting the top of the canopy, it would explain why more of top foliage show signs of it and less of the lower foliage.

Scar818

Scar818

are you in veg? If so which week? Which ec scale are you using 500ppm or 700 ppm? And do you have co2 augmentation? From just the picture it looks like heat/light stress. Also are you in coco or soil. Let us know and we can help out more

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Those plants look pretty damn healthy and if it was pests, it seems unlikely the first sign would be the top canopy leaves curling uniformly across multiple plants. Typically stress signs from pests will begin towards the bottom, closer to the soil and not uniformly across the entire plant.

Do you have a fan on them? Leaves curling upwards or canoeing without discoloration can be a sign of wind stress. If you have a fan only hitting the top of the canopy, it would explain why more of top foliage show signs of it and less of the lower foliage.
i agree ^^^

hakop

hakop

are you in veg? If so which week? Which ec scale are you using 500ppm or 700 ppm? And do you have co2 augmentation? From just the picture it looks like heat/light stress. Also are you in coco or soil. Let us know and we can help out more
In flower week 2 gonna enter week 3 on Monday
I’m not using ppm using ec
But on the 500 scale it would be 1000ppm
I have c02 set at 1200ppm
Growing in coco

Scar818

Scar818

Ok i would say its most likely heat stress around that time keep your temperature around 77-78

Latest posts

Top Bottom