• Tagged users None
Lilmink

Lilmink

Ffof soil
I use compost teas twice monthly
Kelp/neem teas once a week
3 gallon fabric pot
Plant is an autoflower not sure the strain
Once the orange and yellows started i ceased the teas let it dry completely and flushed with 1 gallon of dechlorinated water two days in a row and there was no change. Just this morning i watered with a little EWC Tea and there was no change

Leaf issue   orange specs   yellow leaves   tons of pics
Leaf issue   orange specs   yellow leaves   tons of pics 2
Leaf issue   orange specs   yellow leaves   tons of pics 3
Leaf issue   orange specs   yellow leaves   tons of pics 4
Leaf issue   orange specs   yellow leaves   tons of pics 5
Leaf issue   orange specs   yellow leaves   tons of pics 6
Leaf issue   orange specs   yellow leaves   tons of pics 7
Leaf issue   orange specs   yellow leaves   tons of pics 8
Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Could be fungal, looks like leaf septoria, or possibly rust. Calcium could be lagging as well.

Definitely get out the scope, I see a quite a few "round white anomalies" when I zoom in on your pics.

I'd at least get a small oscillating fan on your ladies to start.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Unfortunately, there is going to be "no change" for a while, dont expect those issues to just dissapear, takes time......
Looks a little humid, fungish ish issue like B said,

How many weeks left till finish ? You might get away with it....
Room temp / humidity/ lights ?
I assume the cfls are just so we can see the leaf......

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey dirtbag, just a quick question, what are you growing in your gallery pics ? It gives me a warm fuzzy familiar feeling.....

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Could be fungal, looks like leaf septoria, or possibly rust. Calcium could be lagging as well.

Definitely get out the scope, I see a quite a few "round white anomalies" when I zoom in on your pics.

I'd at least get a small oscillating fan on your ladies to start.
Septoria was a first thought but I had a long and involved nightmare with it and it just doesn't look like it to me, possibly some kind of a rust fungus

but I think it's more of a calcium issue like dirtbag said but going to need more info,

also he really needs to check for mites not exactly sure what I'm seeing but I agree theres tons of little white dots when you zoom in :/

dire wolf

dire wolf

Good looking pics, thanks, a few of your plants look almost exactly like my ecsd in plant structure and bud......
Damn nice work you got there 👍

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

question from me,\are you using fungal and bacterial tea ?/ how often,there is a difrence if you didnt know ,along with that you also need a break in between,i use bacterial,humbolt secret,fungal,in that type order,in middle of week i feed ph water only,feeds once a week,that might help you ,1 tbsp of epsome salt in 1 liter water in a spray bottle could also come in handy once a week,soil has plenty of cal and mag,if the manganese is out of check all the micro nutrients are out of check,this lead to the good ole saying you need cal mag,when you dont,you just need to check your gear instead,that done with water

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I wouldnt say FFOF has enough Ca in it for the whole grow. Especially if his starting water is low in Ca.

Are you feeding anything besides the teas? I'm 99% sure that spotting is Ca deficiency. And none of that will go away if the problem is corrected, it will just stop getting worse.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I'm not a soil grower and have limited experience, but recently went through the same. I'd concur with the others calling it a Ca deficiency.

Lilmink

Lilmink

I have a QB288 Rspec, there is a fan out of the pic that circulates, i will check again for bugs have another plant a little further along that is right next to it and it has no issues.

I aerate EWC for my compost tea , i do that once or twice a month. Botanical tea i let kelp/neem steep for 24 hours.

Temps are around 75-80 degrees, humidity around 50%

Its an autoflower prolly around 2 months in but i didn't really keep track when it started.

Haven't yet checked ph or ppm , was under the impression the crushed oysters in the FF soil made it so i wouldn't have to worry about ph. I use tap water and let it sit out for 24 hours. First grow had no issues whatsoever. Will buy a tester today.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Seems you have your RH in check, helps rule out fungal problems. I know southern Michigan summers wreak havoc on my outdoor crops when humidity hangs around 90% for extended periods and I see similar effects.

Would look at calcium, test the ppm of your tap water, typically if your tap is over 200 ppm, you won't need to provide much of or any extra calcium. If your tap is sub 150ppm definitely provide more cal.

24 hours to dechlorinate is always advised.

I'd still be looking for bugs as well.

Lilmink

Lilmink

Seems you have your RH in check, helps rule out fungal problems. I know southern Michigan summers wreak havoc on my outdoor crops when humidity hangs around 90% for extended periods and I see similar effects.

Would look at calcium, test the ppm of your tap water, typically if your tap is over 200 ppm, you won't need to provide much of or any extra calcium. If your tap is sub 150ppm definitely provide more cal.

24 hours to dechlorinate is always advised.

I'd still be looking for bugs as well.
Checked again neither plants in this tent have bugs.

I just gave it this sea nectar red algae stuff. It's 0.3-0.2-20 and all natural.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have a QB288 Rspec, there is a fan out of the pic that circulates, i will check again for bugs have another plant a little further along that is right next to it and it has no issues.

I aerate EWC for my compost tea , i do that once or twice a month. Botanical tea i let kelp/neem steep for 24 hours.

Temps are around 75-80 degrees, humidity around 50%

Its an autoflower prolly around 2 months in but i didn't really keep track when it started.

Haven't yet checked ph or ppm , was under the impression the crushed oysters in the FF soil made it so i wouldn't have to worry about ph. I use tap water and let it sit out for 24 hours. First grow had no issues whatsoever. Will buy a tester today.
Need strong magnification to check for mites. I would suggest you start setting pH and checking PPM. Slurry test might be next step. Good luck!

Moshmen

Moshmen

I wouldnt say FFOF has enough Ca in it for the whole grow. Especially if his starting water is low in Ca.

Are you feeding anything besides the teas? I'm 99% sure that spotting is Ca deficiency. And none of that will go away if the problem is corrected, it will just stop getting worse.
I’m a new guy but I run autos as well, and calcium seems to be a common problem. At least for me , from my limited experience looks like calcium deficiency to me, but if your overfeeding calmag it can look similar( at least in my opinion) ic ya get the rest of the info ph, ppm, feed? These guys will help ya fir sure !

Top Bottom