Leaf Issues in 5th Week of Flower

• Thread starter sgtPeppercorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

Hi everyone!
I have a quick question regarding my three girls who are growing in my 2 x 4 x 5 tent with 2 1000w equiv. LED lights. Growing in FFOF with 30 - 40% pearlite. The girls have been fed kelp and molasses tea for the whole grow. Started using Remo Bloom in the second week of flower. Using tap water that sits out for 24 hours and is corrected with PH Down to 6.5 ph. Everything was/is going along nicely however I'm starting to get yellowing leaves starting at the bottoms of the plants. 1 or 2 on each plant.
The leaf tips are not burnt. The soil was amended before the grow with a little bone meal. The leaves seem to yellow from the tips inwards. Any possible ideas or solutions?
The runoff tests out at just under 7 which is what I would expect from soil. Any help would be appreciated as the girls all have some nice budding going on! BTW all three are bag seed babies. Looks like 1 indica 1 hybrid and a tall lanky sativa.

Leaf issues in 5th week of flower
Leaf issues in 5th week of flower 2
Anthem

Anthem

Judging by those leaf's the girls are looking for more nuts. PK specifically!!

sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

I've been using Remo Bloom and teas for PK. I'm going to give nothing but good old ph'd water for one more watering and then back on to Remo Bloom. The weird thing is it is starting from the bottom up.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It could be a nitrogen deficiency as most nutrients have lower N concentrations than thse used for vegg growth. Also, many plants will start to see large fan leaves start to yellow and fall off, starting at the bottom and going up. This is fairly common during mid to late flowering. Adding nitrogen won't bring back any damaged leaves, but could slow the progression. Most growers don't use much N during flowering as it can increase leaf, but not necessarily THC or potency. Depending on the strain and type of plant (auto or clone/seed), you look to have an Indica plant which usually have shorter finishing times, which goes back to the yellowing of bottom fan leaves during flowering.

Top Bottom