Leaf Necrosis, Mutation, Stunted

• Thread starter zoneblazed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zoneblazed

zoneblazed

hi all, I've been dealing with this issue now for about two full grow cycles, been doing all the homework, but I'm still just getting owned by this shit. I was thinking for a long time that it was some kind of rust fungus and or blight as it SEEMED to spread rapidly from plant to plant. I tried baking sofa sprays, h2o2 sprays, and dr earth preventative fungicide. But maybe it wasn't spreading from plant to plant, but rather they were in the same stage of growth, same medium etc, so I've ultimately deduced that it's a lockout or deficiency. I've been feeding really light, like every third watering or because I've overfed bad in the past so I'm scared to feed too much. So here goes...

Hydro Growers: (coco)
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Both
2. How old are your plants? All stages of growth
3. How tall are your plants? Tiny freshly rooted clones, 3-6 node seedlings
4. What type of hydro system are you using? Botanicare coco flushed hard, then soaked in mix of liquid karma 10 ml/gal, 7.5ml/gal GH cal mag, and 20ml/gal of Dr Earth 5-4-2 liquid nutes.

Mixed that with bout 15% percent perlite and a handful of worm castings per cubic foot for inoculation. That sat for a couple weeks before being used.

BUT, about 20% of my seedlings and full size plants are in 1/2 ocean forest 1/2 coco, bubble cloned, and some other coco mixes, and all have the same mutations and leaf fucked-upness.

5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? Botanicare CNS17 bloom 2-2-3 for all plants, liquid karma, FF Big Bloom, Dr earth liquid nutes 3-6-4, and 5-4-2
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.5-6.2
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? 150ish
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? Dunno not too high though I think.
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? Dunno
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? Plants are in too awkward of places for me to check runoff ph or ppm. Strains my fibromyalgia, but I should try on one plant once in a while I guess.
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Tap water, liquid karma 5ml/gal, or maybe a pinch of epsom salt, compost tea, and Azamax 10ml/gal, Bayer 3in 1 insect disease and mite control
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 400 hid, shit tons of cfls (>1000 watts) 100 watts of t5.
14. How close are your lights to the plants? Hid, bout 3 inches with this high speed pc fan blowing on the bulb. And that plant looks best right now. The cfls are between 2-6 inches and the t5 also 2-6 inches
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? One 2'x2' water heater closet, 18"x18" seedling clone space, 2x2 closet and a 2x4 closet. Every available space in my tiny studio apt packed with plants.
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 70-80 lights on 65-70 lights off. Humidity around 60% in my flower rooms.
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Hella fruit flies. I've had spider mites on one plant that are under control now. Had root aphids in the past, probably still do, but I do a drench of azamax and bayer 3in1 every three weeks or so , much less often since I started suspecting the Bayer shit for the mutations
18. How much experience do you have growing? 18 months of intense obsessive perpetual growing and every single day reading these forums. Near genius IQ, but can't figure out this growing in coco thing.

Thanks in advance for the help, this has been literally keeping me up at night for months.

I'll post pictures next

zoneblazed

zoneblazed

Here's the plants and leaves from plants in full flower. Sadly I just defoliate the shit out of every bad looking leaf yesterday, but they woulda been good pictures. Lots and lots and lots of rust spots and dead ass leaves

IMG 0487
IMG 0486
IMG 0488
IMG 0489
IMG 0491
IMG 0490
zoneblazed

zoneblazed

Clones , seedlings, -and a plant loving life 3 inches from a 400 watt halide.
Forgot to mention that the problems drastically slows down and seems to stop almost in flower and late flower.

IMG 0492
IMG 0493
IMG 0494
IMG 0496
IMG 0497
IMG 0499
IMG 0500
IMG 0501
IMG 0495

Latest posts

Top Bottom