Leaf Problem S

• Thread starter Soldier
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Soldier

Soldier

Went to feed plants tonight gave them straight water ph 6.2 to 6.4.
On 1st plant checked runoff,5.6 to 5.7.So the rest of them the same reading so you might as well say they got flushed again!
This is in pro mix, so more yellowing @ more dropped leaves some starting to brown.ls all of this result of a ph pen that is not any good? Replaced the pH pen 1st of Aug.I did give them a follier of E.S.Really want to firgue this out,so l can move on!But l really want to save plants as well. Guess l was rambling!how can l stabilise my ph when l pour it in 6.3 runoff 5.

6Anyone have any new ideas?Thanks

Leaf problem s
Leaf problem s 2
Leaf problem s 3
Leaf problem s 4
Power OG

Power OG

You can add ground oyster shells or dolo lime to your mix to help buffer your ph and keep it stable, i recommend oyster shell over lime but either will help your problem. Have you fed the plants since the 1st flush?

Soldier

Soldier

Once 2.5 ml a.b & 2.5 ml. Bloom &5 ml Cal & mag. I have dolmite lime couple tablespoons on top of medium water slowly? Once they have dried out some?Do you feel this was a ph problem then escalated into a lockout of nutrients? Thanks for stopping by !!

Power OG

Power OG

Yes it sounds like your medium ph is out of wack which is definitely causing your problems in my opinion. @Tnelz could definitely help you alil more in the lime department i use oyster. Yes from pics it looks like ph is causing your lock out. Do a slurry test on your medium, and that will give you better idea of what to do next.

Soldier

Soldier

Yes it sounds like your medium ph is out of wack which is definitely causing your problems in my opinion. @Tnelz could definitely help you alil more in the lime department i use oyster. Yes from pics it looks like ph is causing your lock out. Do a slurry test on your medium, and that will give you better idea of what to do next.
When you say a slurry test ,do you mean a flush?

Michal

Michal

A 1:1 or 1:2 ratio of soil to distilled/RO by weight or volume. Allow mixture to rest for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Calibrate probe and measure slurry. The variation in water to soil ratio does not impact reading enough for our purpose. Collect soil sample from multiple pots and depths.

Power OG

Power OG

Exactly @Michal start off with Ro or distilled measure your ph. So you have a base reading of your water, then add soil stir and let settle 1:1 or 1:2 is fine. Follow above comment. That will tell you what your medium is at and if you need to add more oyster shell/ or lime. From what you have told me you need to get your mediums ph up, but slurry will confirm.

Soldier

Soldier

I did do the slurry tonight,it read 6.6.So l am thinking once they need water that is all l will give them.
Then do other slurry before l feed them.Be interested at that time to see what the runoff says.Seamaiden had a interesting piece on a site about them slurry. Thanks Again! !

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Keep in mind you topdressed with dol lime recently and thats prob where you took your slurry sample from( the top of your comtainer) so your ph of your slurry test reading will be higher than the middle or bottom of container. Just thinking out loud.

Soldier

Soldier

Thank You for taking a peek!Power OG suggested l could use the dolmite lime or oyster shells for the pH. After the sec. Flush l had been waiting for them to dry out before l did anything. Took the slurry test came out with the 6.6.After l flushed them sec . time gave them a follier feeding of E.S. mixed it a 5.8 ph. It was suggested the plant takes it in better
Did other folier of ES at 6.5 really looked like it had no effect, before sec flush.Think tonight or tomorrow will have to water hopefully the #s come out OK! Thanks Again! !

Latest posts

Top Bottom