Leaf problem

• Thread starter brownred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brownred

brownred

I’ve already picked 2 lower leaves . Now the next 2 lower leaves to grow out have the same issue. Can someone tell me what’s causing the brown? The rest of the plant is green.

This is a Clone from a plant in very early flower.

Leaf problem
Leaf problem 2
Leaf problem 3
420Artie

420Artie

What type of soil is she in? Have you used nutes? Looks like calcium lockout

brownred

brownred

Started in a Jiffy 7. The put the jiffy 7 in an 8 ounce plastic cup. Then when there was good roots I transplanted with the root ball in a Solo cup and put FFOF. Then when there was a fair amount of roots I transplanted in a larger pot that it’s in now wit more FFOF. I have not fed it anything because I read that FFOF has enough nutes for about 4 weeks.

If it is a Calcium lockout how do I fix it?

Thanks

C

CashCrops

Is there holes in hte bottom of the pots to help release moisture? it does look like calcium deficient, check the PH of the water

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Make sure pot is draining properly and water it only when the pot feels really light and the FFOF is dry on top. Definitely don’t feed it anything.
That’s my 2cents.

C

CashCrops

I would get a ph meter or buy some ph tabs, something. and like cloudy said only water when the pots are light. check em everyday, thats all I have ever done and usually dont have issues.

brownred

brownred

I would get a ph meter or buy some ph tabs, something. and like cloudy said only water when the pots are light. check em everyday, thats all I have ever done and usually dont have issues.
So the tabs are good? What’s a good ph meter? I’ve purchased 2 from Amazon ($13 I think) And they are teach.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Started in a Jiffy 7. The put the jiffy 7 in an 8 ounce plastic cup. Then when there was good roots I transplanted with the root ball in a Solo cup and put FFOF. Then when there was a fair amount of roots I transplanted in a larger pot that it’s in now wit more FFOF. I have not fed it anything because I read that FFOF has enough nutes for about 4 weeks.

If it is a Calcium lockout how do I fix it?

Thanks
So the tabs are good? What’s a good ph meter? I’ve purchased 2 from Amazon ($13 I think) And they are teach.
Apera meters are good quality; ffof likes pH of 6.5 for best results, good luck

C

CashCrops

me personally Id get a good meter but I never assume that people have disposable income to work with, nor do I assume they are poor. That being said get a good meter :D With nutirents you can follow what the bottles say and your good, unless yourpure organics which I like both. I still bought a good ppm meter as well

brownred

brownred

me personally Id get a good meter but I never assume that people have disposable income to work with, nor do I assume they are poor. That being said get a good meter :D With nutirents you can follow what the bottles say and your good, unless yourpure organics which I like both. I still bought a good ppm meter as well
Money isn’t a problem. I’ll Check into a good meter.

420Artie

420Artie

I don't think a meter is needed it's soil.
I've grown with FFOF and never ph it's just not needed in soil. If you do get a ph meter you would have to do what's called a slurry test cause measuring run off from soil will give you inaccurate readings.

420Artie

420Artie

Look into flushing the soil with plain water. My clones didnt like FFOF I think some batches run really hot. I now start my clones in FFHF and give them just tap water for 2 - 3 weeks.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The very few hotspots that I've run into in ffor started in the seedling stage, by the light green look of that plant I suspect a pH issue

J

JonathanM

I’ve already picked 2 lower leaves . Now the next 2 lower leaves to grow out have the same issue. Can someone tell me what’s causing the brown? The rest of the plant is green.

May be huge amount of sunlight is falling on it.

Kepp89

Kepp89

new growth is yellow? i think thats an indicator of something by itself.

i just dont know what. if you find out, it would at least help you eliminate other possibilities and help narrow it down.

i recall reading about it but i forget what it was. and do a slurry test for your soil. top right of the page search for slurry test soil and one of them wil have the how-to

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plant looks to be on the edge of overfeeding, IMHO. I have mentioned this several times, but Fire Fox stuff is pretty hot for the most part and I have seen many new growers having the same problem using FFOF stuff. I'm not saying it isn't good, as I think it probably is better than most, but it seems too hot for younger plants, especially if someone feeds them as well. When plants are overfed, they get a certain look to them, such as the clawing and the leaf ridges...after a while you can just sort of tell from experience, and this is what it looks like to me. The mottled green color is also a sign. If you read a lot of my posts, they are in response to many newer growers that have had the same problem. If your plant is allowed to continue, it will probably grow large enough that the hot soil will help out, but you have to watch it until then.
Of course, I could always be wrong

Top Bottom