Leaf Tip Curl

• Thread starter dilligaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dilligaf

dilligaf

I started two strains in organic recycled soil. My soil is one part used soil. One part worm casting. .one part perlite. .one tablespoon greensand per gallon. .no idea what ph might be..temps between 71-73..rh between 58-63.
The vortex doesn't show the same problem as the black Forrest. .the black Forrest is f2 generation..opinions welcome. .lol

D

Leaf tip curl
Leaf tip curl 2
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I started two strains in organic recycled soil. My soil is one part used soil. One part worm casting. .one part perlite. .one tablespoon greensand per gallon. .no idea what ph might be..temps between 71-73..rh between 58-63.
The vortex doesn't show the same problem as the black Forrest. .the black Forrest is f2 generation..opinions welcome. .lol

D
looks to me you might have your lights to close,some strains like it hot some dont

dilligaf

dilligaf

The lights at this point are 6 cfl at 23w at 12 inches. .either way I will have to ride it out but I would like to know for next time. .thanks for the reply

D

hermit186

hermit186

More pictures back off a bit. Putting this out here because if you don't mix your media very very very well you have hot spots. The leaves connected to the roots that hit a hot spot will show it.
The mountain strains will live on nothing and rocks. Tropical strains only do best if most of what the get is a foliar spray and at least once a day should be twice jungle is poor soil and it likes that.
Any question you have run it thru the search box on right top. Not putting you off you will get posts and answers by the people who have seen or done it before.
When you mix your own soil there are folks here who can tell you what you need to grow weed, peppers, and tomatoes. I use coco and Jacks Nutrients.

dilligaf

dilligaf

The soil is mixed pretty well I believe. .could be wrong..the used soil went through an entire cycle previously but there could be nutes like p and k building up and that possibility concerns me..I use bio-zome when I mix for flowering to help break everything down but my starter mix only gets worm casting greensand and perlite added to the used soil
Thanks for the reply and interest

D

hermit186

hermit186

You have a ph problem its also moving around and last you have a heat problem add a small fan and get the air moving to the point of leaf movement but not wiping . If your lights are to close is a possibility. I don't think so because they have a bit of stretch out.
I do this because I believe in the 10 for 1 law of help you ask for it then if it works you help 10:cool::cool:

Moto

Moto

The marijuana plant is losing water via it’s leaves faster than what can be replaced by the root system. The marijuana leaf responds by leaf margin cupping or rolling up or down (most times up) in order to conserve moisture. A good example is reflected by the appearance of broad-bladed turf grass on a hot summer day, high noon, with low soil moisture levels - the leaf blade will roll upward/inward with the grass taking on a dull, greyish-green appearance. Upon sunrise when moisture levels have returned to normal, the leaf blade will be flat. Lower the heat in the marijuana grow-op and concentrate on developing a large robust root system. An efficient and effective root system will go a long way to prevent heat induced pot leaf dessication or marijuana leaf margin curling.

Probably just getting a little warm.. If light is close move away and just make sure they get some sort of air moving fresh air.. When you open that door you want them leaves moving.. Think of you on a hot day baking in sun with no shade or fan.. :) Plants look great otherwise.. you don't have a ph issue plants look in good health.. No worries besides just a little heat symptoms :)

Top Bottom