Leafs showing signs I don't know

• Thread starter HuskyCola
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HuskyCola

HuskyCola

What's up fellow great people. A great day to be alive! Despite the trouble we are all dealing with! I just want to first say that this is my first grow & I am still constantly learning.

I am having problems with my first plant from the first run before I took the rest of them down. This beautiful lady made it far, dealing with my temp problems.. humidity problems... and air flow problems. She is still growing vigorously but the leaves have been showing me some signs that I can't seem to fix. I'm thinking maybe PH problems or nute lockout? This girl is in a 5 gal fabric pot with fox farm ocean forest and perlite. 70/30. I amended the lady 34 days into growth with Down to Earth rose & flower and Down to Earth All Purpose 70/30 ratio also. I have fed her compost tea a couple times from the last week of veg, going into flower. Just looking for some help and some guidance! Also this is an Autoflower from Mephisto Genetics.. The beloved Ripley's OG! She just got to her 7th week

Next lady I need a little bit of help with is another Autoflower from Mephisto, 4 Assed Monkey in a 5 gal fabric pot with Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Has not been amended yet. She is approximately going from week 5 to week 6 now. I'm thinking all she needs to do is be amended. But I'm just trying to get some feedback. The tips are just showing a bit of color.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would really take it into consideration. For my first grow.. I'm really feeling positive and would like to get my first lady to harvest! I started a 8 plant run with the original Ripley's but I took 7 down and kept the 1 Ripley because I was trying to be a perfectionist. & 2 actually hermied because of the problems I was having trying to dial in my climate. Once dialed in, I took the 7 down and kept the Ripley which was still showing amazing growth.

Leafs showing signs i dont know
Leafs showing signs i dont know 2
Leafs showing signs i dont know 3
Leafs showing signs i dont know 4
Leafs showing signs i dont know 5
HuskyCola

HuskyCola

yes, my first suspicions are nutrient burn and/or pH...
Thanks for the reply Kamp, that is what I was thinking also. I'm going to do a PH runoff test with the big lady today when watering and as for the little lady, I'm still trying to figure out because she's well over 30 days in the Ocean Forest soil.

HuskyCola

HuskyCola

top dress with lime if you have it, instructions on package are good
Nice, I'm guessing dolomite lime, correct? I was thinking something along the calcium and mag lines when I was doing a bit of research yesterday. But kinda wanted a bit of confirmation. Glad you suggested that. Thanks.

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

I use pelletized lime because it's a more controlled thing, but whatever lime is good except for there is one fast release one that I forget the name of. google the one you are going to use and make sure it's not the scary one

HuskyCola

HuskyCola

I use pelletized lime because it's a more controlled thing, but whatever lime is good except for there is one fast release one that I forget the name of. google the one you are going to use and make sure it's not the scary one
Gotcha, appreciate the feedback. Gonna try to scoop some up today or tomorrow and will post the results within the week. Thanks again hap

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Figure out your ph before adding lime. Only use it if your soil needs it. I’d so a slurry test to find out the ph not run off. Runoff is highly inaccurate in established potted plants.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
In fox farm straight out of the bag this is fairly common. It’s a hot soil and many plants can’t handle it. However they will adjust and then before you know it you’ll need to feed them. Stay the course and find your soils ppm. Once the soil is depleted start feeding them.

What happened here is the hot soil burned the plants because they weren’t ready for it. Once they adjusted they took off just fine. To combat this I mix FFOF with other amendments to dilute the hot soil. I use this mix for seedlings and freshly rooted clones and small vegging plants. This will allow the plant to adapt and flourish and as they get bigger you can feed them as needed or repot into hotter soil mixes.

Top Bottom