Leafs tacos and leafs laying down

• Thread starter Branden22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Branden22

can anyone help me trying to figure what’s going on with these plants . Plants looking like they are burning but not feeding and seem to be getting worse.

Leafs tacos and leafs laying down
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Is there a big temp difference in the greenhouse? I can't say that I've ever seen anything quite like that without overfeeding or a similar issue. What are the indoor temps? Is there a cutoff, where some plants are good and some are affected? Is the cutoff noticible, or is it gradual? Any chance of getting a pic showing the area in between the tacos and the good leaves?
Time to put on sherlock Holmes hat.

B

Branden22

No
Are they all the same strain and is it just a section or the whole side?
those are wedding cake and side that’s curling and showing signs of deficiency are runtz. I let them have a dry out day maybe to much water ? And yes it’s super hot green house doesn’t have a very good air flow up top but I also have some on that side that are doing great .

B

Branden22

Yes I have have hot temps can’t s
Is there a big temp difference in the greenhouse? I can't say that I've ever seen anything quite like that without overfeeding or a similar issue. What are the indoor temps? Is there a cutoff, where some plants are good and some are affected? Is the cutoff noticible, or is it gradual? Any chance of getting a pic showing the area in between the tacos and the good leaves?
Time to put on sherlock Holmes hat.
Yes I have hot temps I can’t seem to get enough air flow in this tent . I’ll get you some pictures and yes I have some doing good on that side .

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Different strains have different heat tolerances. Are the ones that are having troubles all the same strain, or are they mixed? Does the issue go away at night? The devil is in the details, and we will get it figured out. :)
PS... Things are looking good!

B

Branden22

Different strains have different heat tolerances. Are the ones that are having troubles all the same strain, or are they mixed? Does the issue go away at night? The devil is in the details, and we will get it figured out. :)

0C70673E 13A5 4A98 B91F FFF4D2A0A710
B

Branden22

Here’s one of the good ones on that side.

5A8FE4A8 16C2 4F2F 8D24 5E22EA250C1B
B

Branden22

Don’t know if u notice but leafs curling down

98C02A84 4110 48FB 8E46 675CD6885DD2
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Some of it looks a little like heat wilting, but I'm still unsure. Is there a picture of a "good" plant that is next to a "bad" plant? Also, the question about the same or different strains being affected is important to help rule out possible issues. Does this always happen or the 1st time? Does it go away or stay this way? Sorry for all of the questions, but it really helps to figure this out.

B

Branden22

It
Some of it looks a little like heat wilting, but I'm still unsure. Is there a picture of a "good" plant that is next to a "bad" plant? Also, the question about the same or different strains being affected is important to help rule out possible issues. Does this always happen or the 1st time? Does it go away or stay this way? Sorry for all of the questions, but it really helps to figure this out.
It’s only one strain being affected it’s about 90% of them. I have some turning light green . New growth on bottom looks good. And I can make a side by side for you. The tacos have been happening but then my plants started to look wilted and tacos got worse . Started getting a discoloration in plants . ( only this one strain)

B

Branden22

Also they stopped growing fast. The ones doing good are much taller and stronger plant.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Also they stopped growing fast. The ones doing good are much taller and stronger plant.
OK... so now we have sort of narrowed it down to one strain that is having difficulty. It could very well be that the plants are either sensitive to heat, although I'm not sure how hot it gets inside there, or there is something in their soil that is bothering them. Can you provide what, if anything, that you are feeding them, as well as what kind of growing medium are you using? Some pre-made soils, especially Fox Farms, can be kind of hot with nutrients and cause issues with some strains while others have no problems with it. Have you added any other type of nutrients? When did this first start, and has it gotten worse?
I know...more questions??
I'm asking to determine if it could be nutrient level related, heat related, or a little of both.. or neither!

B

Branden22

OK... so now we have sort of narrowed it down to one strain that is having difficulty. It could very well be that the plants are either sensitive to heat, although I'm not sure how hot it gets inside there, or there is something in their soil that is bothering them. Can you provide what, if anything, that you are feeding them, as well as what kind of growing medium are you using? Some pre-made soils, especially Fox Farms, can be kind of hot with nutrients and cause issues with some strains while others have no problems with it. Have you added any other type of nutrients? When did this first start, and has it gotten worse?
I know...more questions??
I'm asking to determine if it could be nutrient level related, heat related, or a little of both.. or neither!
Using fox farms happy frog , seem like it happen when I used some some time after using a new grow , most of the time I give just water and pro-tek. But my plants seem to be root bounded I have roots coming out the bottom now growing into soil under neath . Other strain is same way but doing good. I haven’t fed nothing in a few days besides hydrozyme 2 times. But The food I gave them is general hydroPonics Grow . Here’s a pick of them 16 before all the tacos and stuff got really bad and the day I got the new grow food .

0484D9A5 E080 4323 AC35 9524D47458FA
B

Branden22

Also I forgot , I had to use water for a few days that had a pH level of 7.8 because I had no pH down. Maybe that messed them up I then used the food after using high pH water.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
increase your ventilation. What is the canopy temps on the ones that are ailing? Some strains are more finicky than others depends what enviros the seeds or cuts were grown/bred in. Satrt with canopy temps in the section that isnt doing well,

B

Branden22

increase your ventilation. What is the canopy temps on the ones that are ailing? Some strains are more finicky than others depends what enviros the seeds or cuts were grown/bred in. Satrt with canopy temps in the section that isnt doing well,
These don’t I’m thinking taking the ends off ? And it’s probably 20 or so degrees hotter inside on a 80 degree day it’s not fun being inside. I have some fans on the floor to try and get air movement off the ceiling .

Top Bottom