learning to train, is this close?

• Thread starter lvstealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
this plant has had its roots burned. i know what and how and that is not the question. i chose this one to practice trying to do some training. i know im thinking backwards, but thought since this one had issues, if i goofed i could toss it without heartache... or as much heartache. also, i had started some training on it before the root incident. this one im pretty sure is a photoperiod bag seed, the other two im not sure about yet, so she is the best pick for practicing training.

heres what i did, i fimmed the very tiny tip when it had 5 nodes. (above the red dot i put on the picture). then a week later i fimmed the two that grew, the blue dots. meanwhile, the center one, the one with the red dot, grew a new bit there, so i fimmed that too (the yellow dot) so i end up with 6 instead of 4 or 8. so it is a little weird. i used green pipe cleaners and bent those two branches down, then i bent the ones perpendicular to them also.

im not really sure about what im doing, so any help on the training bit would be great! but, i KNOW the damage, and what caused it and what i need to do to get her healthy, so not asking about the leaves being splotchy or the droop, just the training. if i get it right, i can do it to the better plant.

20210327_092043.jpg

while messing with the bag seed, ugh, i seem to have light burned my good auto carmalicious plant!!!! its not horrible, but it is an auto and i am now kicking myself - why didnt i listen and ditch the bagseed plants!!! i raised the light 2", and backed it off to 75% for now. basically, it is under its own light, the xs1500. the manual said 22"-26", i was at 22" so moved to 24". and i will slowly take it back to 100%. (i had moved the light to get to the fan and filter and got a call - sister had small surgery - and just forgot it was there. just a part of a day like that and it hurt her!)

besides moving it up and dimming a bit, is there anything else to do for her?

20210327_090843.jpg

i found a box of old smart phones and am using them as cameras to watch the tent! lol, im apparently an addict to this growing thing!

Last edited:
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
The power went out, bad storm here. Will it hurt the ladies to be dark in the daytime for a couple hours?

On advice, I removed the bottom stuff too.

20210327 124640

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
it was only for a few hours, but it got to 65f. they dont look any worse, so i guess it will do ok. thanks! yeah, nature does that, huh... i wasnt thinking about it that way!

growsince79

growsince79

it was only for a few hours, but it got to 65f. they dont look any worse, so i guess it will do ok. thanks! yeah, nature does that, huh... i wasnt thinking about it that way!
Not a problem now. But have a lantern ready at all times when you start flower or you could have big problems.

Top Bottom