Leaves always seem less happy under leds than in sunlight?

• Thread starter Samoses
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Samoses

Samoses

Morning / evening guys,

I’m a new grower, Doing it for medicinal reasons after a cancer scare last year ,
Always been healthy, and use cbd , but I believe cannabis has such good medicinal values, unfortunately the U.K. government doesn’t agree !

Anyway, when I have a hot day, the led lamp has a day off, and the plant goes outside (if it’s over 20 degrees ) rare !

Anyway, when it’s outside the leaves literally peak onward on themselves ,

But under the lamp, I wouldn’t call them wilted just slightly droopy, no colour change etc ,

Any tips ?

I’m using a 300 w UFO LED

nutrients every other water (2/4 days )?

Colour is lovely, lots of leaves sprouting ,

It’s just about 18 days old ,

The first few are a few days back in the sun , last ones are after a day under the lamp at 18/6

Thanks guys

Leaves always seem less happy under leds than in sunlight
Leaves always seem less happy under leds than in sunlight 2
Leaves always seem less happy under leds than in sunlight 3
Leaves always seem less happy under leds than in sunlight 4
Leaves always seem less happy under leds than in sunlight 5
Leaves always seem less happy under leds than in sunlight 6
Leaves always seem less happy under leds than in sunlight 7
GrowWithTheFlow

GrowWithTheFlow

Try lowering your light to be a bit closer to the plant.. how far away do you have it now?

Samoses

Samoses

Try lowering your light to be a bit closer to the plant.. how far away do you have it now?
Hi mate, thanks for the reply, so it’s around 75 cm, or 2 and a half foot, I was told I’d bleach it if I have it closer ? And I have found if it’s closer they seem to droop more, it’s a good lamp for a single plant, it has 80 leds, and 300w should be more than enough to keep it happy, so do you think those leaves look slightly droopy ?
You can see it reaching on a sunny day, maybe I just neeed to play around with the height till I find the sweet spot, she reacts pretty quickly , I know within an hour if it’s happy or not

Samoses

Samoses

Could it just be thirsty ? I fed her this morning, so might not have taken enough yet , started adding food the last few feeds

growsince79

growsince79

Hi mate, thanks for the reply, so it’s around 75 cm, or 2 and a half foot, I was told I’d bleach it if I have it closer ? And I have found if it’s closer they seem to droop more, it’s a good lamp for a single plant, it has 80 leds, and 300w should be more than enough to keep it happy, so do you think those leaves look slightly droopy ?
You can see it reaching on a sunny day, maybe I just neeed to play around with the height till I find the sweet spot, she reacts pretty quickly , I know within an hour if it’s happy or not
No way is that 300w. That's false advertising. The light is a pos. Probably about 50w. 18 day old plant should be 5 times that size

Samoses

Samoses

No way is that 300w. That's false advertising. The light is a pos. Probably about 50w. 18 day old plant should be 5 times that size
It is the new ufo

I bloody hope not man, I paid for a 300w lamp, fucks sakes, I’ve gone wrong at every turn here, or got ripped off!! It was this one !?!

49899E61 58D6 409A B0B5 9DC030848F0B
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I thought everyone knew about those crap lights. Although they may sell it for MJ, mj needs a white based light like Spider Farmer

Samoses

Samoses

Will it do for a week while I’m still in the vegetive stage ? It’s supposed to be 25 degrees from Wednesday, so I’ll take advantage of that , should I sit it closer ?

growsince79

growsince79

Will it do for a week while I’m still in the vegetive stage ? It’s supposed to be 25 degrees from Wednesday, so I’ll take advantage of that , should I sit it closer ?
What brand is the light.

Samoses

Samoses

What brand is the light.
It’s roleadro, and when I paid for it , it was £80, think that tells me everything I need to know, it’s half that now, I just want a powerful lamp that isn’t a massive flat board ?!? Looks like it’s back to the drawing board !

growsince79

growsince79

It’s roleadro, and when I paid for it , it was £80, think that tells me everything I need to know, it’s half that now, I just want a powerful lamp that isn’t a massive flat board ?!? Looks like it’s back to the drawing board !
I couldn't find the actual watts listed. It did say coverage for 1sqft veg .68sqft flower. You can try gradually lowering while keeping a close eye on them. But you need a better light. These are 14 days.

IMG 20200804 061047095
GardenGuyPat

GardenGuyPat

Check out the parfactworks ra1000 on Amazon. You can look at my grow thread the garden guy is back to see the results I'm getting from it on my current grow

growsince79

growsince79

Check out the parfactworks ra1000 on Amazon. You can look at my grow thread the garden guy is back to see the results I'm getting from it on my current grow
I checked it out. Looks like another shitty light made by a shitty company that lies about their product. The claim that it can replace a 1000w hps is complete bullshit. I'd be surprised if the pos can match 150w hps.

Samoses

Samoses

I couldn't find the actual watts listed. It did say coverage for 1sqft veg .68sqft flower. You can try gradually lowering while keeping a close eye on them. But you need a better light. These are 14 days.
It has this on the back, wether to believe it or not is a different thing ,

So I played about with the heights, and they are actually happier with the lamp further way, and I have a further less powerful lamp with a dual head from each end , seems to have cheered them right up, I think I may have lowered it too much yesterday and shocked it, hence the leaf droop,
But yes, I’ve ordered more seeds and I’m getting a better lamp, I still need something compact though, as I don’t have the room at the minute for a big board ,

Thanks for the help mate, those plants look lovely, I’m going to use a higher percentage of perlite next time too,

Samoses

Samoses

Hey mate , wanted to thank you for your advice yesterday, and I know the light isn’t ideal, but I have it running with my old led , and I think I had just given them a tadddd to much water , I’ve woken up this morning , given them 6 hours dark, out the lamps on and they are looking better than ever , took a peak in the bottom side of the pot (I cut out small sections before planting so I could take out excess soil if it got compact ) something I learnt when I worked in a nursery for 3 years ,

Anway, huge huge improvement today, massive roots almost at the bottom of the pot , from 3 days ago, not seeing anything , and leaves sprouting just about wherever possible, happy ! Might not be the best one , but at least it’s doing what I need it too!

:-)

Top Bottom