Leaves are papery with splits?

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I have some plants hindukush & girl scout cookies in soil under a 250w hps light. They're exactly day 10 into flowering. I've noticed that the leaves are becoming papery & dry. The ones on the very bottom are the worst with splits/cuts in leaves & a few even becoming yellow & about to die. I know this will happen naturally when flowering starts but 10 days seems early & a few I have outdoor dont have any dry leaves. I just watered yesterday. They're in smart pots,1st time I've used them & I've been watering until run off then waiting until soil drys on top which is usually day 2 or 3 so they're going as long as 3 days w/out water. Is this happening because of underwatering,a deficiency,or is hps light too close? I've tried to keep even canopy tying down branches but they've stretched alot during 1st wk.of flower so some are taller than others so I've tried to keep light close but not too close. Some are 8" away from bulb while others are 10" or more. Also been doing lst(terribly)for 1st time so fan leaves haven't been getting as much light as other spots. Plz help,I'm kinda alarmed! 1st few pics are of bottom leaves & last 2 are pics of upper leaves. You can see how they kinda curl & twist which even looks unhealthy!

Leaves are papery with splits
Leaves are papery with splits 2
Leaves are papery with splits 3
Leaves are papery with splits 4
Leaves are papery with splits 5
Leaves are papery with splits 6
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

old leaves.
dont pay much attention to it
focus on the new growth
So all the upper leaves feeling dry & papery shouldnt be concerning? And also how leaves are kinda curling & flipping inwards? I only ask cuz I'm used to new growth feeling fresh & older getting yellow as time goes by but all the leaves feel dry & papery. Also as I mentioned how the leaves are curling in,this just looks odd to me. This is literally my 2nd indoor grow ever,I usually do outdoor so maybe this is common due to heat & light.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

old leaves.
dont pay much attention to it
focus on the new growth
I probably should've posted a pics of full plants so you guys could better idea of what's going on. Here's a few. I know the 2nd plant looks kinda messed up but as I said I also started low stress training for 1st time & broke stalk on that one while trying to bend.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
do you think your over watering? are you letting the medium dry out before watering again?

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

do you think your over watering? are you letting the medium dry out before watering again?
I guess anything is possible with these smart pots because this is my 1st time using them & they seem like they hold water for a long time. The thing is tho because it seems like the bottom stays soaked for awhile I've been waiting for the top of the soil to dry out which seems to take awhile then watering until run off so I'm usually not watering until day 3 so plants are usually going 3 days before being watered but anything is possible I guess. I thought maybe underwatering or too much heat from light but as I said this is my 2nd indoor grow ever & 1st grow with smart pots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom