Leaves Beginning to Curl UP in Veg?

• Thread starter MT_Smoke420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Good Afternoon All -

I have had these clones in veg for a couple weeks. They have been looking good overall, but I am starting to see the edges of the leaves begin to curl upwards.

They are under HID lights (two currently powered on at 100%). Temp is staying in the mid 70's, humidity mid 30's. Plants are 4-5 ft from the lights.

Curious to know what you guys think may be the issue, and what I could do to fix before they get worse.

Thanks in advance! 🍻

Leaves beginning to curl up in veg

Leaves beginning to curl up in veg 2

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Raise the light or dim it a little.

Wait, just actually READ your post - might be the low humidity. That looks like classic canoeing from the light being too close.

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Raise the light or dim it a little.

Wait, just actually READ your post - might be the low humidity. That looks like classic canoeing from the light being too close.
Okay, I'll play around a little. Right now I don't have a controller to dim my lights and basically just temp controlling the room with the lights, and they are as high as i can put them.

I may just keep the two lights on to maintain the temp and move pots to not be directly underneath, as well as bumping that humidity up some. Also think I'm about to go ahead and top these gals.

Thanks for the response!

2Bad

2Bad

Its definetly humidity i've been dealing with the same issue. It could take a while to recover from humidity shock i'm literally going through the same thing. The light seems fine .

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Do you have a fan aimed at the plants? The wind draws moisture from the leaf and the light/heat stress causes it to curl. Raise your humidity to 50%, dim your light 5%, aim fans at the wall, not the plants.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Good Afternoon All -

I have had these clones in veg for a couple weeks. They have been looking good overall, but I am starting to see the edges of the leaves begin to curl upwards.

They are under HID lights (two currently powered on at 100%). Temp is staying in the mid 70's, humidity mid 30's. Plants are 4-5 ft from the lights.

Curious to know what you guys think may be the issue, and what I could do to fix before they get worse.

Thanks in advance! 🍻

View attachment 1198885

View attachment 1198886
In my experience when the leaves are doing that your having a VPD (vapor pressure differential) issue. The plant is having issues transpiring causing slow growth and nutrient uptake problems, also causing the leaves to curl up like that. You need to bring your humidity up to 50-60% while keeping your temps up at around 75-80. You should probably look into a radiator style heater and a humidifier then probably turn one light off until they can handle more light. Just my 2 cents man

Top Bottom