Leaves buckling or something overwatering ?

• Thread starter 7EscapeSerpentMountain7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homegrown81

Homegrown81

I dont see any issues with that temp. From the pics shown you've got your plants up off the floor so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm honestly not too sure if water temp can make a difference or not but I err on the side of caution. I fill my jugs the day before I water and let them sit open without the lid on to let the chlorine evaporate out of the water. This also allows the water to settle to the room temp of the grow environment. Also after I've added my nutes to the water I let it sit for 3-5 hours to let the ph settle for a better reading before i check the level to see if i need to raise or lower the ph. I've noticed that most times after adding nutes to the water I could get a steady reading of say 7.3 within the first 30 minutes. Check it an hour later and it would either go higher or lower, so ph'ing your water too soon could impact your plants as well. You also may want to read the instructions to your nutes. Some of them if adding to water you have to add in a specific order, if you dont add add nute B before nute A it could create a "lockout" as well.

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

45 days in since germination , 3 days later the P.Lem , All 3 have been flushed well over the course of 6 days and I was salad to see it didn’t really effect them shock wise , I added alga mic to that process ; they seem to be doing ‘fine’ despite - I’m starting to think it’s because it’s close to winter I’ve had some cold nights regardless of a large heat mat , I mean all seems on point ? Irrespective of that it would still mean the P K problem at hand as the other member mentioned

il check the run off on the next water either tomorrow or next

top photo was 16th nov
Bottom pic today (one in the distance is the plant in question except all appearing this way , they all seem to be doing it so could be to do with some cold nights , I hadn’t really gone THAT crazy with the bloom that’s the thing.. only on the last Before the gradual flush had I upped the dosage , which I actually shouldn’t of anyways , still learning not to push them and fuck the schedule, all definitely pot size dependent and strain for sure , I’m actually having to go by the point and staying within 1ml to the litre..... out of 5 litre pot size I give it around 1-1.5l of water

DEE717A0 CD6A 4A3D 8D39 391407F07C79
8B6D5D65 3C14 40CF 9CD0 5501FC99DBFA
Last edited:
7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

could be a mixture of a few things now , cold , nuts overload , glad I took the advice of flushing the soil although all be it gradually , but one thing to be sure of now so go from there

I mean since it is getting cold I thought they would be more resilient genetically and would bring out more of its natural purps , , didn’t anticipate on veins and stems reddening up but as I say seem to be flowering reasonably well considering or ? what has said to be P&K issue which there clearly is not disputing that ,

thoughts on how to proceed next , shall I just provide water here on out ,
Could be one of those things where it looks worse that what it actually is , she smells great , bit like gelonade , just hope that coloration doesn’t creep into the bud , all the sugar leaves , ruin taste smell etc

anyways top pic canopy of the Plemonade as it stands today , looks bad right , combo of a cold shock and my fuck up ? , sure I’ve been keeping the soil warm , but theres no heat reaching the tops at night I must add

A7A96C84 2FB4 4508 8B07 9B2CABEAF322
Last edited:
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
From my experience the warped leaves like that happen because there is a non-oscillating fan pointing directly at them.

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

I don’t have a none oscillating fan pointing right at them.... Interesting to note though

but my concern is the coloration , that is separate to its natural colour of genetics ,due to a combination of a couple of things , either me going overboard with bloom not considering pot size slashed with a few cold nights....

Aslong as they pull through which is what I’m concerning

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

no wait my bad , sorry I’m reusing the thread instead of making another one concerning other problems - as they are the same strains , I thought it would make sense to reuse the thread instead of cluttering it with another , I should of made the title more universal to this grow

your comment is still helpful

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

Regarding the coloration now please ignore the title , So let’s say for argument sake that its cold stress - would this mean that due to the PK problem regarding would invite other deficiencies such as magnesium ?

how be be best to proceed or do I not let it bother regarding its progress via the pics

Its as though they are all in tune with our current season - autumn ’ regardless of being in a tent ,I am leaning towards a few cold nights mornings have spurred on such a colour within the leaves , time to get a small rad just to be sure , as it will ultimately effect its ability to photosynthesise and draw up certain nutes would that be correct and as I say the heat mat goes on lights out , but this will not have the power to warm the upper mid canopy

to answer the other members comment , the water has always been Lupe warm before feed , so we can rule that out.

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I’m now stuck whether to give just plain water on the next few feeds or flush them fully and then provide a weaker ratio
What's your medium? Soil or peat based would recommend a slurry test

Edit: temperature is okay, but I used to put my plants up on styrofoam squares, now I've lined underneath the tent pan with styrofoam sheeting so I don't have to do that

tldr: wouldn't hurt to get them up off the cold floor onto styrofoam squares or something similar

Last edited:
7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

There’re off the floor both on exactly what you say , under that is a skinny heat mat 75x75 95w

that only deals with the bottom , above is where cold air is being pulled through , effecting leaves and stems is the general thinking mixed with a few other issue

Last edited:
Freaky75

Freaky75

It is getting that time yes your right, cheers for the heads , so that’s why the leaves buckle at the ends ?

also any idea what the white streak is in the first pic on one of the leaves?
Could be water from feeding . Water acts as a magnifier under lights and it scorched it . done that before . Anyone ?.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Could be water from feeding . Water acts as a magnifier under lights and it scorched it . done that before . Anyone ?.
It evaporates before it can do that, The only things that do that are foliar sprays that have oils in them.

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

7EscapeSerpentMountain7

No worries about the title any more of this thread the concern now is the purple redish colouring of leaves, stems and veins and I don’t mean it’s natural coloration from genetics that’s fine , but the other blotches on leaves etc possibly due to some cold nights

although answers still welcome for the leaves buckling thing as all still helpful

These plants are now 46 days old , the thread title was for when these were young , I’ve been reusing this thread for other concerns presently

But to note I don’t use spray when in flower; I don’t want to confuse this thread

regards ESM

Top Bottom