leaves burning from the margins in, and buds hardening. wierd yellow powder on stems.

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yellow powder could be pollen from the plant herming from the stress

Golden Zia

Golden Zia

Gotcha @Golden Zia -- however as far along as he is in flower, can we conscientiously recommend a toxic avenger like Avid? It seems that the Avid would be better used on young, vegging plants if it's all there is to use.

The first time I read about these things it was thought it was a fungus. Guy out in the midwest said he'd been seeing it in his grow for a while, used a fungicide and went on his way. IIRC it was a sulfur-based fungicide he used, so I would think a burn could help here. I'd also wonder about isopropyl alcohol treatments, but can't say whether or not it'll work.

Please remember, I've never experienced hemp russet mites or broad mites, this is only what I recall from reading what others did and said worked for them. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly what fungicide this cat was using.

In the meantime, some light reading for you via Google Scholar: eradication hemp russet mite.

Indeed! I could have been much more clear, sorry. In fact my suggestion was not to encourage the use of Avid, most especially during flower, but rather to note it as an option. Further I should have indicated that if it were to be considered and then used that it should really only be used during veg phase. However since it is systemic I even question the safety of that. Too many health unknowns with this product! Thank you for the reading info. You rock!

303 DUB

303 DUB

so i cut down the infected plant and put it outside in my cold garage, i then went into the flower room and sprayed a 50/50 solution of isopropyl alcohol and water. That was last night. today i went and picked up some mighty wash to try and fight them off over the next 3 weeks to try and salvage my harvest. Also dropped the temps as much as as possible for now while i treat. I sprayed the flower room with the mighty wash today. i am gonna spray this all natural," safe for flower" pesticide sample stuff i got, the alcohol solution and the mighty wash in a cycle to keep the little bastards guessing. i also picked up some avid for my veg/mother room. gonna go ahead and try to nip this in the bud <----ha see what i did there lol. i am gonna spray avid in the veg/mother room in two intervals over two weeks. i understand the risk involved as i have used eagle20 as well. full mask and gloves are a must.. have i pretty much covered all my bases?? I am open to any further insight or advice if any one has anything else. thanks everyone

Golden Zia

Golden Zia

so i cut down the infected plant and put it outside in my cold garage, i then went into the flower room and sprayed a 50/50 solution of isopropyl alcohol and water. That was last night. today i went and picked up some mighty wash to try and fight them off over the next 3 weeks to try and salvage my harvest. Also dropped the temps as much as as possible for now while i treat. I sprayed the flower room with the mighty wash today. i am gonna spray this all natural," safe for flower" pesticide sample stuff i got, the alcohol solution and the mighty wash in a cycle to keep the little bastards guessing. i also picked up some avid for my veg/mother room. gonna go ahead and try to nip this in the bud <----ha see what i did there lol. i am gonna spray avid in the veg/mother room in two intervals over two weeks. i understand the risk involved as i have used eagle20 as well. full mask and gloves are a must.. have i pretty much covered all my bases?? I am open to any further insight or advice if any one has anything else. thanks everyone
With the degree of infestation that your flowers had I am gonna guess that the veg and mom areas may also be pretty hard hit although not as visible, any how I might suggest a closer time regime to treat your moms and vegglings. Instead of two weeks I would do two applications with in 7 days.

303 DUB

303 DUB

With the degree of infestation that your flowers had I am gonna guess that the veg and mom areas may also be pretty hard hit although not as visible, any how I might suggest a closer time regime to treat your moms and vegglings. Instead of two weeks I would do two applications with in 7 days.

i have just talked with a good friend of mine and he filled me in. I will be treating mothers and new clones with a regime of avid florimite and forbid. 3 treatments of each 3 days apart rotating between products so mites dont become resistant to a certain treatment. Although This isnt the most natural way, i know this will kill them. i cant take any chances on bugs fucking up my next harvest or any others after that. .

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

i have just talked with a good friend of mine and he filled me in. I will be treating mothers and new clones with a regime of avid florimite and forbid. 3 treatments of each 3 days apart rotating between products so mites dont become resistant to a certain treatment. Although This isnt the most natural way, i know this will kill them. i cant take any chances on bugs fucking up my next harvest or any others after that. .

responsible use beats resistance - just don't use over the recommended dose on any of those and don't use them more than once a week.

to be honest though buddy...you're a little far along to be fighting a winning battle. that stinky powder on your stems is millions of those mites, which are small enough to be carried off by gusts of wind. If you've touched your flower plants and gone anywhere else in your house without washing up, it's pretty much a guarantee you'll be dealing with these for a while.
I really hate recommending a clean-out, but dude if you want to beat them you need to get all your plants out of there and just treat cuts with the chemicals.

pyrethrum and beethoven bombs will keep them back bigtime if you're comfortable with bombing your grow.

I beat these bugs by killing any plants that I saw even one mite on (you need to look for them - if you're seeing signs of their damage you're already infested), as well as any plants next to infected plants. The rest of the garden got sprayed down with h20 out of a pressure nozzle every single day, sometimes 2x a day.

If you have control over your environment you can also pull your temps down and your humidity up - these mites LOVE it hot and dry and they reproduce twice as fast under favorable conditions. If you're trying to keep them at bay, I wouldn't run temps higher than 75 deg. or humidity below 40%. That will slow them down alot.

303 DUB

303 DUB

i have been sprayng with mighty wash everyday in the flower room. and also have kept the temps down considerably. there isnt much i can do about raising the humidity though. i have an open barrel of water in there to make a feeble attempt lol. but for the most part that the mighty was and the the temp has really been keeping the little bastards at bay. i chopped down the really infested one and i know all the other plants in flower probably have mites on them as well, but.... i havent noticed any new damage on any of the other plants in the flower room. so i think all this stuff is working for sure. I'm just trying to make it three weeks and save my nuggs!!! and also as far as all the toxic shit goes. i will be going to war tomorrow. im setting up proper exhaust and im gonna really be on these mothers on clones. also from now on i think all my plants in veg will get a dunk in avid forbid and florimite early on to prevent any residual sneaky mites from starting an infestation.
my flowers on all the other plants are lookin awesome btw. keep your fingers crossed that these lil girls make it!! thanks

and question. i can let off a beethoven bomb with plants in the room?

responsible use beats resistance - just don't use over the recommended dose on any of those and don't use them more than once a week.

to be honest though buddy...you're a little far along to be fighting a winning battle. that stinky powder on your stems is millions of those mites, which are small enough to be carried off by gusts of wind. If you've touched your flower plants and gone anywhere else in your house without washing up, it's pretty much a guarantee you'll be dealing with these for a while.
I really hate recommending a clean-out, but dude if you want to beat them you need to get all your plants out of there and just treat cuts with the chemicals.

pyrethrum and beethoven bombs will keep them back bigtime if you're comfortable with bombing your grow.

I beat these bugs by killing any plants that I saw even one mite on (you need to look for them - if you're seeing signs of their damage you're already infested), as well as any plants next to infected plants. The rest of the garden got sprayed down with h20 out of a pressure nozzle every single day, sometimes 2x a day.

If you have control over your environment you can also pull your temps down and your humidity up - these mites LOVE it hot and dry and they reproduce twice as fast under favorable conditions. If you're trying to keep them at bay, I wouldn't run temps higher than 75 deg. or humidity below 40%. That will slow them down alot.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

ey dub - soon as your clones root trash everything. Don't try to keep plants around - russet eggs can go for months before hatching. I can't stress that enough there's people that beat russets and people that treat for them to beat them you just gotta do it and make the sacrifice. Beethoven can kill eggs if they are exposed but russets are really good at hiding (you saw them in the petiole...might as well be a fucking trench) and you can definitely use it with veg plants in the room. Just don't go in there for 12 hours or you might die (not kidding). If you're vegging less than two months I'd dunk your cuts soon as they come off the mom and then treat again the week before you flower.

The colonies will develop for a week or two before showing signs of damage - def always gotta be on the lookout scoping your inner canopy, fan leaf petioles, top leaves, and the meristem. I haven't seen russets in the spot that had them for about 5 months but I still treat that place like they're there - I've seen them resurface even after that long.

good luck with everything man!

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

fucking eh, i hate bugs, especially the ones you can't see easily.
hope you can nip in the bud as you said ;-)
i had never heard of the beethoven bomb, just checked out the website and says its not for use on food crops...

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is that treatment time frame according to label directions? IIRC, Forbid has you wait something like 7-10 days between treatments, treating twice and then rotating to another single-site mode of action miticide.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

fucking eh, i hate bugs, especially the ones you can't see easily.
hope you can nip in the bud as you said ;-)
i had never heard of the beethoven bomb, just checked out the website and says its not for use on food crops...

edit to add ~
I would not use any aerosol cans in flower, ever. I only ever use them in veg if there are lots of fliers, or if I see mites. I do alot of research on pesticides and even though I'm confident I'm using them safely and responsibly I still only reach for them when all else fails (including scrapping my plants)

ya beethoven has only been around for 3 or 4 years, I'm guessing they just haven't registered with the EPA to be approved for food crop use. That alone is a multi-million dollar investment. Syngenta, Bayer, and Chemtura are huge companies that can afford to get their products registered. Avid, Forbid, and Floramite are all way more dangerous to us and other animals than beethoven once they've been applied. I think Beethoven's half-life in soil and water is 2-3 weeks in acidic conditions and it isn't a very stable chemical so it breaks down pretty quickly after application. Safety requirements for application are a long shirt and pants, doesn't even say to wear a respirator. Any aerosol bomb definitely will fuck with your lungs though which is why you should stay clear for 12 hours. It also says on the label not to use more than once every 3 months, which I'm guessing is precautionary to prevent over-application and pest resistance.

another pesticide that will annihilate russets is dimilin, but so far it's application is controlled and only available commercially.

all that being said, starting fresh and spraying every day with water worked way better than any of the five pesticides I just mentioned.

Last edited:
303 DUB

303 DUB

so i got some florimtie and forbid today at the store as well as forbid. what are the recomended treatments for both of these products per gallon?

303 DUB

303 DUB

and also.. doing more research, im finding that people are saying that florimite is no good against hemp russet mites? any input? i would be happy to take this 150 dollar bottle back to the store

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
so i got some florimtie and forbid today at the store as well as forbid. what are the recomended treatments for both of these products per gallon?
PLEASE tell me they came with the MSDS and instruction sheet. If not, PLEASE Google it and use exactly according to label directions.

Top Bottom