• Thread starter eFeNGee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Guys, explain this.
Untopped, sitting at the same height, one of the fans blowing right at her. Still in the 1L pot, watered with water right from the tap. Healthy af.
Top it and then see if it develops equally. These kinds of experiments are interesting and rewarding.

By the way it looks rather stretchy, how long are these internodes?

Topping can affect leaf-growth, this winter I topped 3 out of 30 rooted vegging cuts (while in etiolation) and all 3 developed strange non-serrated leaves for 2 nodes, until the hormones normalized again and then they grew strong again.

Should have taken a few earlier pics...

IMG 20220510 003529
IMG 20220510 003509
IMG 20220509 193539
eFeNGee

eFeNGee

@Aqua Man
They're all from the same pack of seeds. I've raised the lights and repositioned the fans.
I checked on them this morning and even the not topped ones started canoeing.
I scoped for the mites yesterday and saw nothing. 😬

@N1ghtL1ght
Yep, they're stretching like crazy. I'm pretty disappointed by this genetics. It might be my fault but usually by this time (5 or 6 weeks), i have the tent filled, with half the height of the canopy with the same setup as i have now.

I'm considering moving them to my outdoor garden and starting indoor with some other genetics as i don't have time and patience for this kind of crap. 😏

wawa53

wawa53

@Aqua Man
They're all from the same pack of seeds. I've raised the lights and repositioned the fans.
I checked on them this morning and even the not topped ones started canoeing.
I scoped for the mites yesterday and saw nothing. 😬

@N1ghtL1ght
Yep, they're stretching like crazy. I'm pretty disappointed by this genetics. It might be my fault but usually by this time (5 or 6 weeks), i have the tent filled, with half the height of the canopy with the same setup as i have now.

I'm considering moving them to my outdoor garden and starting indoor with some other genetics as i don't have time and patience for this kind of crap. 😏
After looking at your pictures you have mites. Russet are the worst cant seem them without a 100x scope at the minimum. I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed. Then i heated the flower room weekly to 120f for two hrs once a week. Timing starts when u get to 120. 6 weeks of the heat finished them off. Beat them without ever stopping the flower room and sanitizing.

eFeNGee

eFeNGee

After looking at your pictures you have mites. Russet are the worst cant seem them without a 100x scope at the minimum. I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed. Then i heated the flower room weekly to 120f for two hrs once a week. Timing starts when u get to 120. 6 weeks of the heat finished them off. Beat them without ever stopping the flower room and sanitizing.
I was running around my plants yesterday for an hour with 100x microscope looking for those little bastards and nothing. I'll take another look today and see if i missed something.

K

Knight

Also it's a sealed grow room, ppm is around 400-450. I've been thinking about outgassing, but i have an air purifier with formaldehyde filter.

The light is Marshydro TS3000, 450W quantum board, four of them in total. I said "multiple fans" just because I have 2.4m x 2.4m tent divided into four equal "quadrants", 1.2x1.2m each. I mean imaginary quadrants, it's really just one big tent. 😁 I have 4 plants in each quandrant with one Marshydro TS3000 above them, I am currently using one fan for each quandrant.

I usually water with no runoff during veg stage and I've never had a problem, but I'll give them enough water to get runoff next watering. I should mention that I transplanted them like 2 days ago from 1L pots into 25L pots. Truth is that my watering schedule was pretty shitty before transplanting. 😁

wawa53

wawa53

I was running around my plants yesterday for an hour with 100x microscope looking for those little bastards and nothing. I'll take another look today and see if i missed something.
I had 20 different answers to what was wrong. They only go for newer growth and extremely difficult to see them. They are clear or yellowish green i found them only once when they gathered together. Spent countless hours searching for them crazy lil bastatds made me go nutz. Did make me realize i need to take better care of my soil after using it before reamending for next cycle.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah i really think its bugs at this point RA Russet mites are the 2 mist likely and can be extremely extremely hard to find. Many experienced growers that know how to identify then have trouble. I remember one who went 3 grows looking before he found em

Last edited:
eFeNGee

eFeNGee

@wawa53 @the rrock @Aqua Man

Just some new info, thank you all for responses again. ✌

After raising the lights and repositioning fans, the plants started stretching. They're growing tho. I'll leave the lights raised anyway just to prevent stress I may cause to the them until the issue is solved. 😁

After reading wawa's and rrock's responses I decided to start a war against mites and aphids. 😁 I sprayed the leaves with Neem Azal T/S (basically a Neem Oil concentrate) and watered with 1L of Neem Azal solution as well, as it can be administered both ways. (3ml/L for foliar spray and 5ml/L for watering).

Also some plants started developing brown spots on the lowest leaves, which if i'm not wrong might calcium defficiency? I've read it can cause canoeing as well. I watered them with nothing but water until now, so I'll give them some CalMag next watering.

Thanks again for everybody's input, I'll keep you posted. 😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@wawa53 @the rrock @Aqua Man

Just some new info, thank you all for responses again. ✌

After raising the lights and repositioning fans, the plants started stretching. They're growing tho. I'll leave the lights raised anyway just to prevent stress I may cause to the them until the issue is solved. 😁

After reading wawa's and rrock's responses I decided to start a war against mites and aphids. 😁 I sprayed the leaves with Neem Azal T/S (basically a Neem Oil concentrate) and watered with 1L of Neem Azal solution as well, as it can be administered both ways. (3ml/L for foliar spray and 5ml/L for watering).

Also some plants started developing brown spots on the lowest leaves, which if i'm not wrong might calcium defficiency? I've read it can cause canoeing as well. I watered them with nothing but water until now, so I'll give them some CalMag next watering.

Thanks again for everybody's input, I'll keep you posted. 😁
Calcium upper leaves

eFeNGee

eFeNGee

Hello everybody.

After yesterday's treatment with neem oil solution, some results are already visible. This is the plant from second pic. You can probably tell how happy i am right now. 😁

I just sprayed them again with Cannacure and will repeat every 3rd day.

Again, thanks so much for answers and opinions, i appreciate it very much, you guys just saved these girls from moving outdoors 😁.

20220630 184419
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello everybody.

After yesterday's treatment with neem oil solution, some results are already visible. This is the plant from second pic. You can probably tell how happy i am right now. 😁

I just sprayed them again with Cannacure and will repeat every 3rd day.

Again, thanks so much for answers and opinions, i appreciate it very much, you guys just saved these girls from moving outdoors 😁.
Just keep low light intensity until after treatment so you dont burn them

Madmax

Madmax

Never heard of it till today..Canna always seems soo secretive with there products .lol.a good product should only b used a few times to iradicate pests.maybe a couple more times but using it weekly it cant b all that good..betcha its some kind of organic soap spray..if its russet mites id b cleaning the room spotless..get em before they get to the plants..

eFeNGee

eFeNGee

@Madmax
It should be some sort of hybrid between foliar feeding and natural protection. 🤷 It *should* be used once a week as a nutrition and prevention, and every 3rd day when dealing with pests. It creates some sort of sticky layer on the leaves, glueing pests and starving them to death.

@Aqua Man
Lights still raised and on 25% power. ✌

I'll post another pic tomorrow.

Top Bottom