Leaves changing color.

• Thread starter HUsh533
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HUsh533

Hello guys, this planet is 1 month old and the leaves are starting to change color and its seems like they are dying. i transfer my planet to another soil and it didnt work, im using flora kit nutrient (flora micro, flora bloom,flora growth). someone know what is the problem maybe the sun brun the leaves?.
Leaves changing color
Leaves changing color 2
Leaves changing color 3
Leaves changing color 4

Ina

Ina

Hot weather+muddy,wet soil in black plastic pot in the summer:)If you touch that pot when it was under constant sun for a few hours you will feel that is really hot,imagine the roots in it.It is wet and hot in the same time.So may be you should leave it dry more,put more air to the roots and prevent the black plastic from the direct sunlight in the summer.Dont water so often,dig a little on the top to alow the air to go down......

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Roots are unhappy for sure. What kind of soil mix are you using? Poke some holes in the soil to allow oxygen to penetrate the surface and dry out the grow medium.

Reactions: Ina
H

HUsh533

Roots are unhappy for sure. What kind of soil mix are you using? Poke some holes in the soil to allow oxygen to penetrate the surface and dry out the grow medium.
im using organic mix soil. and thanks you both

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes but what kind of organic soil mix? Does it have a brand name? Did you mix it yourself? What’s in it? Not all organic soil mixes are created equally.

H

HUsh533

Yes but what kind of organic soil mix? Does it have a brand name? Did you mix it yourself? What’s in it? Not all organic soil mixes are created equally.
quality peat, coco fiber, natural air improving and organic nutrient.
i bought the mix and no brand name

BigCube

BigCube

My first guess is over feeding. Your soil most likely came with nutrients in it. Adding more nutrients would give you much like what you e got. Burnt leaf tips and the like.

Try waiting till the soil is dry and give it just water for a week or so. New growth should be fine. Nothing can fix the damage already done. Best thing to do is stop it before the entire plant dies.

Ace9137

Ace9137

Root rot with nutrient burn, transplant or it will die.

Ace9137

Ace9137

Use fox farms happy frog, or something similar, do not over water, depending on the container size, I would water atleast every five days, check the pot weight, if container is heavy hold off a little longer.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

If you have some type of protection for the pot, like a towel or similar, that might deflect the sun's heat during the day so that the roots can adequately remove the moisture from the medium. Think of it like this.

You have dry oatmeal. Very easy to move about. Now add water and heat to the oat meal. Now it's thick and gooey. Now picture yourself as a root, which one would be easier to move in? The dry or wet oatmeal? That's all you need to know :)

Cutting the brown leaves is up to you. I would but they more than likely will fall off with a gust of wind when the time is right.

Keep up the good work !

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I use a mix called Promix. It is sold in bales and bags. It is very easy to use and avoids problems with overwatering and hopefully, overfeeding. I mix it with a little composted manure, but you might be better just using straight Promix until you get a better handle on growing. With Promix, I water every few days and don't have water retention problems, and the roots get plenty of air without getting waterlogged. Feed every 10-15 days with a light dose until the plant grows a little. The plant is still tiny and doesn't need to eat like a football player in training! Fox Farms stuff is great but a lot of growers have problems with it due to it's high nutrient content. Newer growers tend to overfeed, but more isn't always better. It's a LOT easier to add nutrients to a plant that is hungry than to try to remove the excess nutes from the growing medium and repairing the damage from overfeeding. Just my opinion and certainly not gospel. I think it's best to learn the basics of growing and learn from your mistakes... by your third grow you will be a pro, probably before that if you keep it simple.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm also a fan of promix. That soil looks really stodgy and wet. Possibly overfed a bit too.

You could water it next time with a decent horticultural surfactant to improve its drainage and air holding capacity. But if it was mine and I was trying to save it, I'd quickly pot it up into a 10-20 gallon fabric pot of straight promix, and water it in with 200-300 ppm of a balanced nutrient solution.

It will take a week or two for the roots to grow out but the plant will take off after that.

Ace9137

Ace9137

Any kind of black soil, FF is just an example, I honestly re use my soil and just add some nutrients as I go, if you are new go slow, @Jimster , you have it right, go slow, less is more.

Top Bottom