Leaves cracking/creating holes. Bud's almost ready. Flushed for 10 days, PPM down to 100-300, still not turning yellow.

• Thread starter csaeteurn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

csaeteurn

Hey folks,

First time grow here. Got 2 questions
1. Any idea why my leaves are cracking/ or ripping holes?
2. Why isn't my sugar leaves turning yellow or should I say not taking nute's from the fan leaves yet? The plant is about 3 months and 25 days from seedling. The buds look like it's almost ready, so I started flushing 10 days ago with filtered water. My filtered water's ppm is at about 32. I got my ppm down to 100-300. Am i supposed to get it down lower before it starts taking nutrients from it's sugar leaves? Not even sure if they're too mature.

Background - Strain is northern lights auto.. I used fox farm 1st month after veg until now. One rookie mistake I did was not switching off with water only, instead I watered it with nutrients every time. I'm aware of the tips yellowing and perhaps could be nutrient locked, but not sure why its creating holes etc.. I took a bunch of photos but couldn't get a pic of the whole plant that were clear.

Any feedback helps! Thanks.

Leaves crackingcreating holes buds almost ready flushed for 10 days ppm down to 100 300 still
Leaves crackingcreating holes buds almost ready flushed for 10 days ppm down to 100 300 still
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like it may be ph stress related. It's looks like it was over fed at some point. The first leaves to start yellowing will be on the bottom of the plant. I don't think your getting those sugars to go yellow before harvest.

C

csaeteurn

Looks like it may be ph stress related. It's looks like it was over fed at some point. The first leaves to start yellowing will be on the bottom of the plant. I don't think your getting those sugars to go yellow before harvest.
Thanks for the info. My tap and filtered water are around 6 - 7ph tested using drops, so I assume I never needed to worry about it. But I did over feed it a lot and it may have messed up the ph in the soil. I just hope flushing it heavily with filtered water drains all the nutrients. A good learning experience for me.

If I can't get the fan leaves to yellow, does that mean my buds will be stuck with the nutrients and will have an awful taste? any solutions to fix it?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's going to depend a lot on your drying but it may not be as smooth as it could have been.

Ph shock can happen when the soil ph is drastically changed quickly. I have no experience with it personally but in hydro I have seen it. It could be from lots of flushing. Nutrients will lower ph and soil will adjust the ph so I don't think there was a real ph issue but possibly just ph swings or rapid changes. Again I can't say that's the cause. Just looks similar to what I have seen with large ph swings in hydro.

C

csaeteurn

It's going to depend a lot on your drying but it may not be as smooth as it could have been.

Ph shock can happen when the soil ph is drastically changed quickly. I have no experience with it personally but in hydro I have seen it. It could be from lots of flushing. Nutrients will lower ph and soil will adjust the ph so I don't think there was a real ph issue but possibly just ph swings or rapid changes. Again I can't say that's the cause. Just looks similar to what I have seen with large ph swings in hydro.

Thanks. Looking at the buds, when do u think I should harvest them? It's about 13 days of flushing. I can't tell if the trichomes are amber since I don't have any magnifier glass. I just realized, it didn't flower until almost 7 weeks in when i switched to 12/12 lighting. I read somewhere that if I have to induce them to flower with 12/12, then they're not autoflowers? It grew more than 3 ft tall and almost outgrew my 4ft tent. It's on 3months and 24 days since seedling. So it's been more than 11weeks since flowering.

Deke

Deke

The answer I got was they are done when they say they are done. I have 2 WW plants right now that won't finish, they still look like they need 2 weeks. The pistols just started to turn color.
What lights are you running?
You'll need a loupe to check your tricomes. That's the only real way to check and see if they are ready. They are less than $20 on Amazon. Minimum 30x, but higher the better.

C

csaeteurn

The answer I got was they are done when they say they are done. I have 2 WW plants right now that won't finish, they still look like they need 2 weeks. The pistols just started to turn color.
What lights are you running?
You'll need a loupe to check your tricomes. That's the only real way to check and see if they are ready. They are less than $20 on Amazon. Minimum 30x, but higher the better.
Are you talking about my plant or did you meant yours that are just starting to turn color? I have 600 watt LED light on a 2x2x4. And thanks, I just bought one from amazon. Hoping to see what it looks like. I think I'm just going to start the 48hour darkness once I get to see if they're amber using the loupe. The soil is already out of nutes, I flushed the ppm down to 100 and it's day 15 or flushing. Doesn't seem like its taking the nutrients from the fan leaves. I don't think they're turning yellow in time like @Aquaman said. I'm wondering it's nutrient lock out

Deke

Deke

48 hour darkness? That's not necessary if it's what I think you're planning on doing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom