Leaves curling and crumbling in 2 of 6 plants

• Thread starter RickAlm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RickAlm

Hello, this is happening in 2 of my plants, i don't know what is causing this and the strange thing is the other 4 are just fine...

Does anybody know what is happening ?

Leaves curling and crumbling in 2 of 6 plants

Leaves curling and crumbling in 2 of 6 plants 2

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Not really, you will need to spell things out a bit. All I can tell is you have coco and fabric pots under blurple lighting that is too weak for these plants and they are stretching bad because of it.

I'm gonna guess it is too cold causing VPD to be out of whack and not pulling in enough nutrients. But that is a guess without a lot more info on your grow.

Could also be that the watering is off - if you are hand watering 100% coco you are probably not doing it enough. Without something to catch the runoff, you should see stains on the floor from watering.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Medium? (Appears to be coco but please let us know everyone in the medium including is you amended or added to it)
watering frequency? / how you determine when to water
Lighting?
Airflow?
Neuts?
Age?
Photos or autos?
Strain?
Breeder / source of seeds?
Day /night temp?
Day / night humidity?

R

RickAlm

Not really, you will need to spell things out a bit. All I can tell is you have coco and fabric pots under blurple lighting that is too weak for these plants and they are stretching bad because of it.

I'm gonna guess it is too cold causing VPD to be out of whack and not pulling in enough nutrients. But that is a guess without a lot more info on your grow.

Could also be that the watering is off - if you are hand watering 100% coco you are probably not doing it enough. Without something to catch the runoff, you should see stains on the floor from watering.

Medium? (Appears to be coco but please let us know everyone in the medium including is you amended or added to it)
watering frequency? / how you determine when to water
Lighting?
Airflow?
Neuts?
Age?
Photos or autos?
Strain?
Breeder / source of seeds?
Day /night temp?
Day / night humidity?
Temp during day is around 27-30 celsius
Night 20-22
Lights i have 2 , one is 100w other one is 150w
They are not autos
Medium is Light Mix Boom - Coco Fiber, Perlite, Worm Humus
Source of seed is from GB www.growbarato.net
I have a fan for constant airflow, during day i have all entrances open and at night i turn on the extractor
I water until water comes out from the bottom of the fabric pots, i feel the weight, i rewater again when i put my hand through the sides and feel the medium dry, and i lift it up and is super light, wich is about 3-4 days
This is my first grow, i took a while to get the fabrics pots to transplant them, this last 2 plants were transplanted at about 1 month 2weeks and a half, before that they were in small plastic cup like bottles and they were needing water almost every 12 hours sometimes i forgot about it maybe this could be the problem..
I'm still making alot of errors and learning from it, this 2 plants are only in the fabric pot for 2 days now, i clipped of this leaves and im monitoring how they are doing..

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I am not familiar with your grow medium. Worm shit and coco seems like they don’t go together.

Are you adding nutes when watering?

Most people who grow in coco I think would say you are severely underwatering. Watering coco 10+ times a day is a thing

Also seems like starving for light. Can you post a pic of the whole plant?

R

RickAlm

I clipped those leaves 3 days ago, until now no more signs on other leaves have showed, watering coco 10 times a day ? everywhere i searched i didn't read about none of that
I was under the impression you should only water when the medium is dry, and should not water while medium is still wet from previous watering to not overwater
Is there a good source for this info ? Can you link it ?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I linked it above.

2nd sentence - So first off COCO is NOT soil. For best results we want to keep it saturated between 90-100% that does not mean you can't go below this but you may see slower growth or nutrient issues over time if your consistently letting COCO get to dry.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I clipped those leaves 3 days ago, until now no more signs on other leaves have showed, watering coco 10 times a day ? everywhere i searched i didn't read about none of that
I was under the impression you should only water when the medium is dry, and should not water while medium is still wet from previous watering to not overwater
Is there a good source for this info ? Can you link it ?
Asking again about nutrients being fed.

R

RickAlm

I linked it above.

2nd sentence - So first off COCO is NOT soil. For best results we want to keep it saturated between 90-100% that does not mean you can't go below this but you may see slower growth or nutrient issues over time if your consistently letting COCO get to dry.
After researching more i device a contraption that lets me cath the run off right now i'm watering every 48 hours with 20-30% run off, the coco is always wet and plants seem happy! Didn't see any more signs of this

Top Bottom