Leaves curling downward like a claw

• Thread starter WorkRynosaurus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

What exactly do you mean for input and output readings? My soil’s ph this morning is a 6.7, the water I give them is always room temp (like 70° or so). Room temp sits between 68 and 78 degrees
Water temp 19c to 24 is what to aim for ec should be 2.0 and ph at 5.8 input do u use filtered water as well 5.8 ph first 3 weeks to take in cal mag and what's this soil your using to as u could have Gnat larvae so check all the things what is doing it 👍🙃🤙

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Can we stop talking about PGRs in the manner that lumps them all together. They are not one in the same. Some are bad and some are not. The plants themselves make them for christ sake. alfalfa, willow branches, bees wax, quinoa and a massive shit ton of other used in both organic and synthetic grows.

IF YOU GROW.... YOU HAVE SOME SORT OF ADDED PGR SOMEWHERE.
It makes it to the plant when you take clone size out centre of plant but not if u just tip it 🤙👍🙃😜👻🚂

WorkRynosaurus

WorkRynosaurus

Water temp 19c to 24 is what to aim for ec should be 2.0 and ph at 5.8 input do u use filtered water as well 5.8 ph first 3 weeks to take in cal mag and what's this soil your using to as u could have Gnat larvae so check all the things what is doing it 👍🙃🤙
Ah okay, yea I use filtered water, but my my water is usually around 6.5-7 ph when I put it in the soil, so that could be a problem. And I use foxfarms happy frog soil. As far as the EC, I honestly don’t know, I’ve never checked it and I didn’t see anything about checking it before 😂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo don't bother PHing in a soil that's prebuffed unless you need to for mixing nutrient purposes like silica.

The soil has buffering agents added to it and will adjust the ph of your nutrient solution.

OP maybe these will help you.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Many different PGRs brother.... hell even using a co2 burner produces PGRs.
Ethylene to be exact.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

I have 4 blue dream clones that are in their first week of flower, but for the last week and a half or so, one of my plant’s leaves are curling in like a claw. All my other ones are healthy, they have the same feed, water, and light cycle, so I’m not sure why this is happening to just this one. I weigh my plants to see when they need more water, I feed once a week, I feel like I’ve got everything down pretty well but there’s obviously an issue, when I google what the problem could be, of course everything in the world could be the problem, so I’m hoping someone here will have a specific answer.

Many different PGRs brother.... hell even using a co2 burner produces PGRs.
Like the poppies they take all the heavy toxins out the soil like lead and then you smoke the opium or hammer and you can get lead poison for it 🙃😜👍🤙🤟👻🚂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like the poppies they take all the heavy toxins out the soil like lead and then you smoke the opium or hammer and you can get lead poison for it 🙃😜👍🤙🤟👻🚂
Most plant will easily pull heavy metals from the soil.. even cannabis. This has been seen alot in organic grows especially.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Ethylene to be exact.

the plant makes its own ph in soil ..medium and as water nute runs past roots it takes in what it wants wi tfi some aid of ph it will take in at that range of elements and speed up the super high way for the emyze s to react to 🤟👻🚂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kinda but not really there are 2 pathways for uptake and ion exchange is how the plant effects the soil PH. This is why ammonium will lower PH of the soil when it taken up and nitrate will raise the ph as its taken up. The ions exchanged are what does this. When ammonia us taken up the plants exchanges h+ ions and that lowers the PH. H+ ions are how PH is measured.

To add PH is only affected by dissolved elements.

But the plant doesn't only take up what it needs as seen by toxicity, heavy metal uptake and if ratios are out it effects the plant negatively. Now there are things that effect the forms of the nutrients and thier availability and ph is one of them, along with temperature and so on. I won't get all into the rest of it.

In happy frog and other soils and peat they have added buffers like lime that break down slowly over time and buffer the ph of the soil.

You grow in coco and coco does not have that so you need to ph your feed. In soil you absolutely do not need to ph it as the soil will do this almost immediately. While nutrients can impact soil ph when in excess as they are generally acid, soils like happy frog should have no issues buffering ph for an entire grow unless you have a nutrient build up and that's just grower error.

When you talk about super hiway this doesn't exist. There are many ways to increase availability including microbes.

Imo for soil you want a ph of about 6 2-6.5.

5.8 is best for coco

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

But gonna bail out here. OP you have a transpiration issue cause by something in the rootzone as I said before. Good luck.

Top Bottom