Leaves curling upwards. Vertical 'fading' of leaves. Help!

• Thread starter shawnjohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shawnjohn

Is it heat stress, nute deficiency?

About four days ago I noticed leaves starting to curl up along with a veritcal fading along the leaves. My roots were starting to turn a bit brownish, I couldn't tell if it was root rot but I cleaned out the receiver added fresh nutes along with Cannazym and the browning seems to have cleared up. The leaves however are still curling upwards and I noticed a vertical "fading" on a few leaves. Does anyone what this is and how to fix? Pics attached.

Leaves curling upwards vertical fading of leaves help
Leaves curling upwards vertical fading of leaves help 2
Leaves curling upwards vertical fading of leaves help 3
Leaves curling upwards vertical fading of leaves help 4
O

OldSSSCGuy

Its not root rot, probably just a tiny little over-amped on nutes. Looked like the curling was on the base leaves, which often are shed like baby teeth. Don't overthink it, don't overreact...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Make sure you have no direct air flow on the plants and get your humidity up a bit if you can.

You said there was some browning on the roots and I can see a tiny bit of remnants of that. Keep an eye on the roots. Your probably seeing some residual effects of the plant not being able to respire or take up nutrients adequately.

I don't know what's in cannazym or how well it treats root rot. I do know hydrogaurd contains a bacteria that will kill pythium even in infected roots.

In any case it looks like you caught it very early just keep an eye out. Your damaged leaves may die so pay attention to new growth for stunting and appearance

S

shawnjohn

Update: The ladies are still growing! BUT signs of curling started up again. How often do you guys apply hydrograurd? I use cannazym which is very similar and will most likely switch once I finish my bottle.

Also - I noted yellowing fading - is this note burn, or deficiency? Heat stress?? I need splash tap water on lower leave and I notices they have a glossy residue and have started burning. Should I trim these?

IMG 5157
IMG 5158
IMG 5156
IMG 5153
IMG 5152
S

shawnjohn

Temps: 73-75.8F. They were 78s when I first posted
Humidity is kept between 50-55%
PH: 5.5-6 - I've been struggling to keep them at 5.8-6.3

S

shawnjohn

I check them every morning and they increase from 5.8 to about 6.5.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok that won't effect ph.
How many gallons is this system?
What is the ph and ppm of your water after filtering?

S

shawnjohn

Ok that won't effect ph.
How many gallons is this system?
What is the ph and ppm of your water after filtering?

PH after filtering 6.9/7 out of the faucet
PPM after filtering: lower than 120
Gallons: 15 Gal Ressy

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Add a 1/2 tsp of baking soda to the res, then ph down. This will provide the carbonate hardness needed to help stabilize the ph. It's starting at the low ball end of what's needed and should raise your KH by about 4 degrees. But let's start there.

Wait an hour and readjust the ph. Then report back if this has fixed your ph swings over 24 hrs

You will need a little more acid than normal to drop the ph but do this slowly a little at a time and give 5-10 min each time you add acid for it to mix.

S

shawnjohn

Add a 1/2 tsp of baking soda to the res, then ph down. This will provide the carbonate hardness needed to help stabilize the ph. It's starting at the low ball end of what's needed and should raise your KH by about 4 degrees. But let's start there.

Wait an hour and readjust the ph. Then report back if this has fixed your ph swings over 24 hrs

You will need a little more acid than normal to drop the ph but do this slowly a little at a time and give 5-10 min each time you add acid for it to mix.
Do you think I need to add any CAL-MG sup? I currently do not.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Get your ph in order first. Cal mag is not effective if it's not available due to ph. You are showing some signs of cal mag deficiency but it's likely due to ph. Adding 1/4 the recommended cal mag dosage won't harm anything and may help.

What nutes are you using again? I'm not sure I asked.

S

shawnjohn

Nutes:
General Hydroponics Flora, Miro and Bloom. Last feed was 1tsp/gal of each. Ladies are in there 6th week of dev. They are due for another feeding and rest change tmr. So this is perfect timing!

Strain: bubalicious auto flower

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nutes:
General Hydroponics Flora, Miro and Bloom. Last feed was 1tsp/gal of each. Ladies are in there 6th week of dev. They are due for another feeding and rest change tmr. So this is perfect timing!

Strain: bubalicious auto flower
Ok just making sure it was not a ph balancing nutrient.

Top Bottom