Leaves died and fell off

• Thread starter iamachavvy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iamachavvy

Hi all, i am new to growing and have a question.

I am currently growing an autoflowering white dwarf. The plant has nearly grown to its full height but now, the first few sets of leaves that were produced have decided to dry up and die, resulting in them falling off.

I am just wondering wether this is normal or not?? Are these leaves even needed anymore??

I

iamachavvy

i am in a different place to my plant and camera at the moment so no :(

deacon1503

deacon1503

Potassium is a possibility. Is this plant particularly taller than the rest? That's a symptom.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you say the first few sets of leaves? like from when it was a seedling and those leaves are at the bottom of the plant have gotten yellow and died? sounds normal to me

I

iamachavvy

yes motherlode, like from when it was a seedling and it was those leaves and the first set that grow after that. Is it normal for those to fall off too??

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but im a complete newbie to all this.

I

iamachavvy

And no deacon, the plant isnt taller than the rest :)

I

iamachavvy

Great!! :) thats just what i wanted to hear, now i can sit back and let her carry on the way she is :)

S

sjstylz408

Yea.. nothing to worry about.. but if it helps post a picture

4HydrogenAtoms

4HydrogenAtoms

Hi all, i am new to growing and have a question.

I am currently growing an autoflowering white dwarf. The plant has nearly grown to its full height but now, the first few sets of leaves that were produced have decided to dry up and die, resulting in them falling off.

I am just wondering wether this is normal or not?? Are these leaves even needed anymore??

Sounds pretty normal to me.
Also I have a couple of Autos coming in soon, just wanted to know what kind of system have u been using Soil (organic - synthetic), hydro.. What type of lights? Any information that would be helpful. Thnx

I

iamachavvy

Sounds pretty normal to me.
Also I have a couple of Autos coming in soon, just wanted to know what kind of system have u been using Soil (organic - synthetic), hydro.. What type of lights? Any information that would be helpful. Thnx

What autos have you got coming in?? Well at the moment i am using a mix of organic compost and perlite which i picked up from my local gardening centre. (I am unsure of the brands but i will post at a later time) I am using a mix of 50% organic soil and 50% perlite, yes, i know this may seem a bit too much on the perlite side but this is my first grow using it and considering most people have said i should have used less perlite, the plants seem to be loving it and are growing fantastic. I use 1 24w cfl which kicks out about 1400lumens for each plant that i grow, so 10 plants = 10 lights, and they are doing fine. I will eventually upgrade my lights but at the moment money and space are an issue, since i am after all doing a stelath grow. I have not yet added any nutrients as the soil has enough nutrients to last for approximately 6 weeks and my plants are now 4 weeks old.

A question i do have though is, the soil says it has enough nutrients to last 6 weeks, now that i have mixed the soil with perlite does that reduce how long the nutrients will last or does it just stay the same?

S

SkymasterSmoke

Thankfully sounds like you'll be ok.. it's so nice to see when someone isnt having problems. Haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom