• Thread starter gumby420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

Leaves drooping in 2
Leaves drooping in 3
Leaves drooping in

These are 10 SFV OGs, 18 days into flower. 10 gallon smart pots in soil. 2 1000w aircooled lights with a 400w vertical. Temps are between 63-74 the past few weeks. Humidity is between 28-50%.
We were watering a gallon per plant every 3 days and they looked like they wanted more water. Now were watering a gallon each plant every other day and a lot of them are now rigid with purple stems and leaves are sucked in. They arent floppy and droopy. Everything looks healthy and green except for the leaves being sucked in. Suggestions?

medstudent

medstudent

Yo Im the other partner on this grow. Just got this sweet Blue Labs PH pen... Haven't tested PH going out in about a week and a half, but back then it was coming out around 6.5 We always try to water and feed with water at a nice 6.3 or so. Sadly I don't have a tool for PPM yet...
Thc6

silverhaze

silverhaze

Could be cold roots like Dunge suggests. Could also possibly be damping off, maybe verticillium wilt, possibly fusarium. How do the roots look?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yo Im the other partner on this grow. Just got this sweet Blue Labs PH pen... Haven't tested PH going out in about a week and a half, but back then it was coming out around 6.5 We always try to water and feed with water at a nice 6.3 or so. Sadly I don't have a tool for PPM yet...
View attachment 286761

fuck those blue lab pens. I broke 2 in 6 months. The new oakton for the win! reads to the .01. Or spend the money and get a cardy meter.

gumby420

gumby420

Cold floor?
were in so cal so its not super cold. definitely not getting below 60 ever. weve had a week of weather in the 60s at night, so maybe that took a toll in the dark cycle?

fuck those blue lab pens. I broke 2 in 6 months. The new oakton for the win! reads to the .01. Or spend the money and get a cardy meter.
the reason we went with this pen was because it came pretty highly recommended from people on here. should have talked to you first Cap. also were gonna be needing some more bennies soon so ill be hitting you up. thanks

jkbeing

jkbeing

I would recommend a cheap ppm pen just to check your run off. Are you getting any run off with one gallon every other day?

gumby420

gumby420

yes there is quite a bit of run off, i wouldnt know how much to say in measurements but it definitely looks like the drainage wouldnt be an issue. we have a tea brewing right now and plan on doing a big flush with the tea on sunday. hopefully theyll look better after that

jkbeing

jkbeing

I could be wrong on this one for sure, are you watering too often? To add 1 gallon of water to 10 gallons of soil and get a bit of run off seems like the soil isn't picking up much water cause it was already there. I just put about 4 gallons of water in 10 gallons of coco before I got decent runoff. Another question I have is, are they sitting in water at any time? Good luck, hope it gets solved!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I could be wrong on this one for sure, are you watering too often? To add 1 gallon of water to 10 gallons of soil and get a bit of run off seems like the soil isn't picking up much water cause it was already there. I just put about 4 gallons of water in 10 gallons of coco before I got decent runoff. Another question I have is, are they sitting in water at any time? Good luck, hope it gets solved!

it looks like it could be overwatering. I thought that well. Regardless of whether or not it i draining well. could also be too close to the lights.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
yep. get us a PPM andPH IN and OUT. That will tell us alot. Does look like overwater symptoms

Afghi420

Afghi420

View attachment 286620View attachment 286621 View attachment 286619
These are 10 SFV OGs, 18 days into flower. 10 gallon smart pots in soil. 2 1000w aircooled lights with a 400w vertical. Temps are between 63-74 the past few weeks. Humidity is between 28-50%.
We were watering a gallon per plant every 3 days and they looked like they wanted more water. Now were watering a gallon each plant every other day and a lot of them are now rigid with purple stems and leaves are sucked in. They arent floppy and droopy. Everything looks healthy and green except for the leaves being sucked in. Suggestions?

Not sure if you have things figured out yet, but i had some issues recently and it had a lot to do with my RH being around 20-25%.. The plants had basically shut down and were taking several days to dry after watering, close to a week actually. Once i put a humidifier in the room and brought the RH up to about 45-50 % the plants kicked right back in and now are being fed every 2 days or so.. PH is pretty important as well. I started swinging my PH from 6.3 one watering to 6.7 the next time, as different nutrients are better taken in at different ph ranges.. I think 6.5 is fairly safe to use..

P

paperplane

I would try raising your temps a lil bit. 63-74 is a lil cold for daytime temps. If those pots are on the floor I would get them off the ground.

gumby420

gumby420

Any updates?? Was it over-watered or what??

ya we cut back on watering and have noticed a big improvement, i also have a feeling they were getting to much nitrogen, just a hunch though. still dont look 100% but theyre looking way better.
we ended up flushing with a tea, let them dry out for about 6 days and then fed relatively hard and they are looking pretty good now. we are almost finished with week 4 in flower and they are about as frosty as week 6 last round.....so thats at least a good sign, just gotta keep it up now.
thanks for everyones responses, its MUCH appreciated
and also, all the pots are elevated a few inches and sitting on "pot caddies". super easy to move around plants when theyre on wheels.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

i know this is an old thread but..

its temp combined with overwater..

Cannabis, especially og's need the hotter temps. This is because calcium is very important to canna and og strains, but calcium is immobile so it cannot be moved from one part of plant to another. That means if your light is strong, but your temps are really cold (plant doesnt need to cool down as much) and your rootzone is cold(plant needs less water to cool itself), your plants are photosynthesizing full speed, but not uptaking (because they dont need to) enough water to provide necesary calcium to keep up with new growth. You can either raise your calcium nitrate or other cal sources to dangerous high levels in the rootzone,-- which will cause lock out issues--, or raise temps (rootzone and canopy).

Low humidity compounds this problem (signals plant to close stomata thus reducing water loss >> and UPTAKE), as well as c02 supplementation, because it makes photosynthesis easier. This is why co2 rooms are recomended to run hot (low 80's)

JUst my opinion, and it may change in the future, but i think the optimum way to grow is keep temps almost as high as possible within reason (for og i run83 veg 79-80 flower). This allows you to feed at a much lower strength more often because nutes are being drawn up in the extra water your plants use in the high heat. I think this makes flushing in the end easier and overfeeding less likely if you know your stuff..

Rowe1750

Rowe1750

I have been dealing with drooping leaves and reading hours of causes however I found my problem in a place never touched on in these threads. I got a spiderfarmer sf 4000 and was told by so many different people that thers no such thing as to much led light. Well there is. In the same way your leaves droop at the end of there light scycle, they droop when they are at there max and turn wawy from the light source. I over watered one and under watered another, gave one more of this micronutrient and less to another. In the end my wife forgot to turn up the light when she was looking at them. They all responded. Every one of them stood up and spread out. And all the nutrients and watering didn't effect them visually. They all appear to have been treated the same. Just thought I would put this information out there if you can't seem to correct drooping leaves and havnt changed your nutrients or watering habits. Did you get a new light...

Latest posts

Top Bottom