Leaves Drooping - Should I be concerned?

• Thread starter ELGenerali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ELGenerali

ELGenerali

So today I noticed the leaves on one of my plants dropping. From all my research it seems like most commonly this is caused by under\over watering. Regarding that, I highly doubt it's a over water situation as I've only been watering every 2-3 days, and that's done only after I confirm moisture levels by jamming a probe down into the soil. Soil is Root Organics lush, which is supposed to be 100% organic so with this plant only being 30 days old, I have not added any nuts. Also, the Root Organics lush has a crap ton of perilite and coco coir in it, which should also make it hard to over water.

One idea I had was, could this be related to temperature? So, temps in my area have dropped in the past couple of days, causing my max grow tent temps to only hover around 73f/74f vs the normal max daytime temps of around 80f/81f. During the day the lights etc keep the temps around 73f/74f and at night I run a small heater that keeps temps around the same. So I'm curious if the temp dropping almost 7/8 degrees could be the culprit.

The dropping leaves are highlighted in the picture

Leaves drooping   should i be concerned

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So today I noticed the leaves on one of my plants dropping. From all my research it seems like most commonly this is caused by under\over watering. Regarding that, I highly doubt it's a over water situation as I've only been watering every 2-3 days, and that's done only after I confirm moisture levels by jamming a probe down into the soil. Soil is Root Organics lush, which is supposed to be 100% organic so with this plant only being 30 days old, I have not added any nuts. Also, the Root Organics lush has a crap ton of perilite and coco coir in it, which should also make it hard to over water.

One idea I had was, could this be related to temperature? So, temps in my area have dropped in the past couple of days, causing my max grow tent temps to only hover around 73f/74f vs the normal max daytime temps of around 80f/81f. During the day the lights etc keep the temps around 73f/74f and at night I run a small heater that keeps temps around the same. So I'm curious if the temp dropping almost 7/8 degrees could be the culprit.

The dropping leaves are highlighted in the picture

View attachment 1198621
In short, yes the temps can cause this kind of droopiness. Temps should be around 76-80s. However, that looks like 1 of 2 things, #1 looks like nitrogen toxicity. Notice the dark green complexion and the clawing of the top most leafs? Or #2 it’s not so much over or under watering but improper watering. Improper watering creates issues in the root zone, which looks like may be your issue. Not saturating the media completely creating dry pockets leads to lock out, not watering enough each watering creates salt build up in the media. There are so many variables.

ELGenerali

ELGenerali

OK, I just added my external heater to kick the temps back up over 76. Clueless about #1 and nitrogen toxicity, as I haven't added anything to my knowledge that would add nitrogen. As for #2 I could definitely say I noticed "dry pockets" in the soil. This Root Organics soil seems doesn't seem to drain evenly, so for lack of better terms I'm going to "aerate" the top 1" of the soil which should make the water drain down evenly. Hopefully, she responds, they were doing so well!

H

hawkman

you are using quality "stuff" as mentioned temps/ water can affect leaves - generally it's overwatering . which can be fixed very easy -let plant dry out and then re-adjust your h.2o use - consider adding some dry periods like a 2-3 day period to your growing methods ( some breeders let ther plant dry for 7 days at a time (GreenHouseSeeds)

Latest posts

Top Bottom