Leaves not yellowing in flush

• Thread starter Budstashe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budstashe

Budstashe

Sup farmers,
I have been flushing a mimosa strain with ph’d water for 12 days. Runoff ppm’s at around 300 and still no leaf yellowing. What am I doing wrong? Trichomes are cloudy to amber so she seems ready. Any advice?

Dan789

Dan789

Agree, @MIMedGrower but I do try to balance the degree of fade with the amount of feed, for the stage of Bloom, if you follow. If I'm not seeing fade, then I'm feeding probably too much, back off till some of the lower leaves get start to fade... But my feeding during bloom is minimal at the highest levels. So this is a whole process during the entire bloom phase...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Are you growing in peat/soil? The Cation exchange bank could still be feeding the plant without really affecting the runoff ppm much. This used to happen to me a lot in Peat. I'd use water only for the last 2 + weeks before I would see much of any signs of deficiency. Peat holds on to nutrients really well, and when you start using water only the plant negotiates with the soil, exchanging compounds that release stored nutrients for uptake.

It's funny because soil growers realize that we arent feeding the plant, we are feeding the soil,.. but that seems to go out the window for the last week when we think we need to bypass the cec and feed the plant now. The plant will always take available nutrients first before expending energy freeing up stored nutrients. So when you stop feeding is really when the plants start to use up what's left in the soil.

Last edited:
Budstashe

Budstashe

Are you growing in peat/soil? The Cation exchange bank could still be feeding the plant without really affecting the runoff ppm much. This used to happen to me a lot in Peat. I'd use water only for the last 2 + weeks before I would see much of any signs of deficiency. Peat holds on to nutrients really well, and when you start using water only the plant negotiates with the soil, exchanging compounds that release stored nutrients for uptake.

It's funny because soil growers realize that we arent feeding the plant, we are feeding the soil,.. but that seems to go out the window for the last week when we think we need to bypass the cec and feed the plant now. The plant will always take available nutrients first before expending energy freeing up stored nutrients. So when you stop feeding is really when the plants start to use up what's left in the soil.

Budstashe

Budstashe

I am growing in soil and that all makes perfect sense. So where do I go from here? Do I continue flushing until the plant starts to show it is used up stored nutrients and wait til I see some yellowing, or do I harvest? I didn’t go nutrient heavy this grow and used Fox Farm.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd go by the trichomes. If you've already gone almost 2 weeks with plain water they are likely in a deficient state now whether they show it or not. But if it were me personally, I'd go the full 2 weeks and chop when I saw at least some fade starting. Plants harvested too green take a lot longer to cure and can be harsh imho.

Also, judge trichs by the ones growing on actual bud calyxs' on buds midway down the plant, not the trichs on sugar leaves or buds at the tip top.

Latest posts

Top Bottom