Leaves rusting!!!:(

• Thread starter Patriot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rolln J

im not sure if there is a box brand cal/mag fert - maybe order it online from htgsupply or discount hydro...

D

Denny Crane

What is it about the 2nd to 3rd week of flower? If I'm gonna have problems, that's where it starts.

I use Botanicare Cal-Mag. I've been researching a "home grown" substitute for cal mag, but have yet to find a decent one. A guy (An organics guru on SEVERAL forums) once posted about steeping eggshells for a while and using that in combination with Epsom Salts to get the same result.
I've been told that I'm wasting time and money using Cal-Mag since my water is so hard, but the girls seem to love it, that's for sure, and that being the case it's worth it if only for my own benefit.
As for sources for Cal-Mag, there's always the 'net. I hate buying shit over the internet, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Don't forget the Silica while you're at it. I use Silica Blast (Botanicare). I used it when the girls were looking kinda puny a couple grows ago, and it sure seems to make a difference. I used it to help with "rubbery" stems and it took care of that and acted like a shot of Geritol tonic. It just seemed to improve the overall sense of well being in the room.
Good luck!!!

Patriot

Patriot

This will be their 2nd wekk into flower...

Thanks guys soo much for everything u post. I have checked in the internet before, and as you say i hate buying shit there but sometimes there is no alternative.
I have read from some forum organic and home remedy gurus that tumms do work...i also read that most supplements that work for humans work for plants (with in the mineral world)...I am not sure what i am going to do yet but i think i will give it a try with something different from Cal Mag
I think i am going to get a bunch of sea shells and crush them, soak them in wayer with ebsom and see what that does to my baby....I am not too worry bc all the new grow is fine and green....so i might hold up alltogether and leave it alone to see what happens to her...although everyday it lookd more like a boy although it has not decided yet.

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

I have read from some forum organic and home remedy gurus that tumms do work...i also read that most supplements that work for humans work for plants

Just curious did you finally use the tumms or what? Just wondering if they helped or your got the Cal-Mag. A lot of people seem to use the stuff! I was thinking of ordering a bottle myself from all of the fantastic feedback.

...but the tumms idea did seem good to me, for what it's worth ;)

R

Rolln J

ffs dont use tums - give your plants what they need - they have a calcium def - not heartburn or acid reflux...

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
LMAO @ tums:giggle

Sounds like you should take a lil road trip buddy>>>>Thats what I would do, even if its 100 miles away.. Cutting corners is not gonna help things any:) Everybody is only so dedicated to there grow>>> some more than others

:passingjoint:

GTD

I

IGKali

I can't imagine epsom salt being a good thing to treat a calcium deficiency. It's typically more of an improvised method of treating lack of magnesium, which an abundance of calcium will "lock out". Oyster shell is a natural source of calcium carbonate, as is gypsum and eggshell.

Patriot

Patriot

I didnt use anything, i let it settle and flushed it...although it turned out to be a male anywyas...saved the pollen and pollinated the fem...i got 42 seeds out of a bud....

Top Bottom