Leaves Turning Brown and In a Hurry!

• Thread starter LetzBeBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LetzBeBudz

LetzBeBudz

Problem: Discoloration on lower fan leaves (starting to become upper leaves now)

Medium/grow method: Soil: Fox Farms Happy Frog/Miracle Grow perlite 70/30 (Didn't know the perlite had fertilizer in it until it was too late...)

Feed: and supplements used: Flora Trio. Here is what I have fed so far(all ml/gallon): Day 18 I have 3ml of micro grow and 1ml bloom. Day 24: 5ml micro and grow and 3ml bloom. and on day 32 I fed 7.5ml of micro and grow and 4ml of bloom. (I got all of these figures from an article related to flora trio in soil.) I know I fed too heavy. Moving forward I have dialed it back.

water source: RO/DI water. Tested and get around 5ppm before mixing nutes in. PH to 6.5. my last feed was around 840ppm. PH of runoff was low at 5.5

Strain/age: Fast Budz Original Chemdog auto. Day one was 1/23.

light used: Spider Farmer SF2000 at around18-20 inches above highest point of the plant. 24/0 (I know everyone has an opinion on this. The tent gets down to mid 60's when it's off in my cool basement so I've decided to stick with 24/0 rather than having a dark period)

Climate: 70-75 F with RH now of around 55

Additional info: The discoloration has appeared within the last week. I have recently started LST and also did cut some of the larger fan leaves that were blocking lower bud sites. After doing so, I regretted this decision and will not be doing that until much later in the grow moving forward.

Here are some pictures of what it looks like today.

I posted all of this in another forum and was told to flush which I did on Thursday night however everything is looking way worse today. The leaves are all starting to droop and the browning leaves continue showing up and are starting to show on even the newer higher leaves. Any help with how to handle this moving forward would be great. Hoping it's not too late.

Discolored 2jpeg
Discolored 3jpeg
Discolored 4jpeg
Discolored 5jpeg
Discolored 6jpeg
Discolored 7jpeg
Discolored 8jpeg
Discolored
LetzBeBudz

LetzBeBudz

is there drainage holes in those buckets?
looks like overwatering has caused leaf septoria..

There are many drilled holes in the bottom as well as 4 large holes that came in the container on the side/bottom of the pot. It seems to drain well during watering's. Thanks a lot for the reply. If that is what's causing it, what can be done at this point? Drill more holes in the bottom?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
no your good..
cut off the bad leaves, create more air flow, fans..
humidity no higher than 50.
you should google and read about it..
leaf septoria..

LetzBeBudz

LetzBeBudz

no your good..
cut off the bad leaves, create more air flow, fans..
humidity no higher than 50.
you should google and read about it..
leaf septoria..
Alright sounds good. I'll read up on it. I'll try and get some more airflow. I have a small intake fan on the floor of the tent, a clip on fan hanging from the top of the tent pointing down and an exhaust fan leading out of the tent hooked up to a carbon filter. I'm thinking the exhaust might be pulling out much more air than the intake fan can draw in. Could that cause issues? My first grow went great but I didn't have the exhaust fan that grow. This is my second grow.

FloridaMan

FloridaMan

Let me start by saying I'm new. This does look like my one plant before I got the A/C Infinity T4. It was getting too humid at night. I would say it shouldn't really be much over 65% from what I know but that would of course be strain dependant. My leaves did have very similar discoloring.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Your for sure overwatering as stated above.
pots that size in FFHF could go several days between watering.

Top Bottom