Leaves Turning Purple please help

• Thread starter BDiggity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDiggity

BDiggity

I'm growing northern lights autoflower and today I noticed in my tent that some leaves are starting to turn purple. I change the water every week and refertilize. According to this schedule. https://www.aeroweed.info/nutrient-schedule/

The tent temperature has gotten as low as 62 at night but normally it stays around 75 to 80° in the tent . What would be causing my leaves to turn purple? Is it a nutrient deficiency? Is it temperature? The plant has been growing for 67 days now. The pH is kept between 5.5 and 6.5 the highest. I adjust it to 6 daily. I use general hydroponics fertilizers. Please help!

Leaves turning purple please help
Leaves turning purple please help 2
TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

The purple is from it getting cold at night. When it gets cold the leaves tend to change. It’s very normal and fine. At least I believe that’s the cause of it

Cracken

Cracken

The purple is from it getting cold at night. When it gets cold the leaves tend to change. It’s very normal and fine. At least I believe that’s the cause of it
i would agree, that looks very normal. even buds and stalks will turn purple on some strains when the temp drops over night

BDiggity

BDiggity

i would agree, that looks very normal. even buds and stalks will turn purple on some strains when the temp drops over night
You don't think I need to add more fertilizer? I ordered I heater for the room to try and regulate the temperature at night. It should be here Saturday. I'm just concerned, because I saw this purple change happen to another one of my earlier plants and it didn't recover. Eventually the whole plant turned a dark purple. It was a soil plant, but this one is hydro.

Thanks for your responses!

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

You don't think I need to add more fertilizer? I ordered I heater for the room to try and regulate the temperature at night. It should be here Saturday. I'm just concerned, because I saw this purple change happen to another one of my earlier plants and it didn't recover. Eventually the whole plant turned a dark purple. It was a soil plant, but this one is hydro.

Thanks for your responses!
62 at night is fine a little low but fine. I think my tent gets down to about the same like 64ish and during the day gets to 74-80. I wouldn’t even add the heater, only if your tent is getting to temps like 50’s.

BDiggity

BDiggity

62 at night is fine a little low but fine. I think my tent gets down to about the same like 64ish and during the day gets to 74-80. I wouldn’t even add the heater, only if your tent is getting to temps like 50’s.
Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom