Leaves turning up, down, drying, and rusty

• Thread starter Tmac01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tmac01

Tmac01

Hi everyone,

I’ve always had problems correctly diagnosing my plants. The strain is Cali OG, 7 weeks into veg and I had just feed them fox farms big bloom. A couple of days later I noticed my leaves looking pretty sad. I use pH 6.5 and in fox farm oceanic soil. Any ideas? I’m flushing them now.

Leaves turning up down drying and rusty
Leaves turning up down drying and rusty 2
Anthem

Anthem

Seriously if you are adding Bid Bloom in Veg I am not sure what to tell you. It only contains P&K so it is meant for the Flower portion of the plants life. Your plants look like they are in the middle of a nutrient burn, but also you have them in 5 gallon buckets with are not good for the roots, hopefully you have them off the ground and holes drilled in the buckets.
I would not take a plant that damaged thru to flower because it will clearly cause a lose in yield but also because the stress you have induced can very likely cause the plant to hermie.
IMO start over.

Tmac01

Tmac01

Yes, they’re off the ground with holes. Ive used 5gal buckets for years, why is that bad? If nut burn, I flushed (pH6.5) them this afternoon so I’ll watch for progress (hopefully). Big Bloom label says it can be used for all stages of plant growth and even contains dosage for seedlings and transplanting. In any case I think your right regarding nutrient burn. Thanks for your input :)

HighBuddha

HighBuddha

Seriously if you are adding Bid Bloom in Veg I am not sure what to tell you. It only contains P&K so it is meant for the Flower portion of the plants life. Your plants look like they are in the middle of a nutrient burn, but also you have them in 5 gallon buckets with are not good for the roots, hopefully you have them off the ground and holes drilled in the buckets.
I would not take a plant that damaged thru to flower because it will clearly cause a lose in yield but also because the stress you have induced can very likely cause the plant to hermie.
IMO start over.

Your confusing Big Bloom with Tiger Bloom. Big Bloom is used the whole time as it is more of an additive than a fertilizer.

HighBuddha

HighBuddha

Yes, they’re off the ground with holes. Ive used 5gal buckets for years, why is that bad? If nut burn, I flushed (pH6.5) them this afternoon so I’ll watch for progress (hopefully). Big Bloom label says it can be used for all stages of plant growth and even contains dosage for seedlings and transplanting. In any case I think your right regarding nutrient burn. Thanks for your input :)

It's time to switch to fabric pots so roots can air prune and to avoid over watering, also they provide more oxygen to the roots and soil. Fabric pots are even cheaper than buckets.

Tmac01

Tmac01

Thank you HighBuddah! I was going to move them to flower later this week before this happened. Do you think I could get away with transplanting into fabric pots at this point?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank you HighBuddah! I was going to move them to flower later this week before this happened. Do you think I could get away with transplanting into fabric pots at this point?
I agree with @Anthem I wouldn't put those plants into bloom in the shape they're in

Anthem also told you what was wrong with your plants, that you're not feeding them properly;

you're feeding them an additive that you think is a nutrient, therefore you have multiple deficiency issues going on and your plans will likely not survive bloom
Screenshot 20201124 042954 Photo Editor

And once again I agree with Anthem, I would not continue with those plants. After reading up on what NPK means I would start over using proper nutrients, good luck.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

Your confusing Big Bloom with Tiger Bloom. Big Bloom is used the whole time as it is more of an additive than a fertilizer.
Actually I looked at the NPK ratio and realized the contents are PK and PK are required in larger quantities during the flowering process.

HighBuddha

HighBuddha

I would get these back to healthy before transplanting or switching to flower. If you can't get them healthy I would dispose of them and not waste time trying to flower.

Anthem

Anthem

You will only save a week or 2 as best by trying to save those plants. If you choose to move forward with those plants you will save 1 to 2 weeks over starting over, but what you will save in time you may loose if the plants hermie. IMO as stated above start over.

coloradosioux

coloradosioux

It looks like nutrient burn so I think its safe to say hold off on the liquid Bloom nutrients until they start to bloom. I use granular amendments in the lower layers of soil when I transplant from 1 gallon veg to 5 gallon radicle bags that take them through flower. I transplant at 3 to 4 weeks and continue to veg another 3 to 4 weeks. I hold off on changing liquid amendments at least 2 weeks in flower. I prefer the General Organics line.

Banana kush
DSC01601
20191201 141031
coloradosioux

coloradosioux

Its hard to post when you mess up. Thanks for sharing so that others can live and learn and don't pay attention to people that are just negative. You burned your crop with heavy nutrients too early. Its time to start a new crop but I always try to flower if its not taking up resources from other plants and you get a little extra for the hash bags.

Top Bottom