Leaves turning yellow / brown in the middle, severe droop. What’s wrong??

• Thread starter GrowGalNJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowGalNJ

GrowGalNJ

Help!
What’s wrong with my Zkittlez photoperiod?!? She’s had brown spots on her leafy tips / edges for two weeks, so she got a small amount of Potassium 4 days ago. It’s also been extremely hot and humid (over 90’s each day) for the last two weeks. Wrongly, I’ve been giving small amount of water each evening - hoping to help with the daily heat - so the soil is probably too moist.
She’s 91 days old, and still in the pre-flower stage.

Can anyone identify the main problem with the plant, just from looking at the leaves? She’s in the shade now, and I had brought her inside last night to cool off. She’s been droopy for a few days.
Can anyone identify the main problem with the plant, just from looking at the leaves? She’s in the shade now, and I had brought her inside last night to cool off. She’s been droopy for a few days.

Please help!!! I don’t want to lose her! 💚💚💚

Leaves turning yellow  brown in the middle severe droop   whats wrong
Leaves turning yellow  brown in the middle severe droop   whats wrong 2
Leaves turning yellow  brown in the middle severe droop   whats wrong 3
Leaves turning yellow  brown in the middle severe droop   whats wrong 4
Leaves turning yellow  brown in the middle severe droop   whats wrong 5
Leaves turning yellow  brown in the middle severe droop   whats wrong 6
Leaves turning yellow  brown in the middle severe droop   whats wrong 7
Leaves turning yellow  brown in the middle severe droop   whats wrong 8
Leaves turning yellow  brown in the middle severe droop   whats wrong 9
Leaves turning yellow  brown in the middle severe droop   whats wrong 10
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome. Over watering and under watering look very similar. Since you’re watering at night it is highly likely that the water is sitting in the medium, over saturating and night. The black fab pots are keeping the medium pretty warm, then the over saturation from the night before may be cooking the roots. Have you took the temps of your medium during the day when it’s 90+ outside? Have you glanced at the roots at all? What’s the pH of your water and where do you source the water? Tap? RO? Well?
burnz

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

GrowGalNJ

GrowGalNJ

Welcome. Over watering and under watering look very similar. Since you’re watering at night it is highly likely that the water is sitting in the medium, over saturating and night. The black fab pots are keeping the medium pretty warm, then the over saturation from the night before may be cooking the roots. Have you took the temps of your medium during the day when it’s 90+ outside? Have you glanced at the roots at all? What’s the pH of your water and where do you source the water? Tap? RO? Well?
burnz

I’m using tap water, that sits in the sun for a minimum of 24 hours. Then it’s pH’d to 6.4-6.5 before being given to the plants.
I have two other plants, that look fine - the only difference is that Zkittlez received Potassium, and the other two plants didn’t. I haven’t taken the soil temp, but I can go check that right now.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
If the other plants look okay and this one different because you gave P don’t ya think you should know what’s going on? It’s either you gave to much or she needs more. 91 days since germ? What’s the stuff dripping off your plant in the 2nd picture?

GrowGalNJ

GrowGalNJ

If the other plants look okay and this one different because you gave P don’t ya think you should know what’s going on? It’s either you gave to much or she needs more. 91 days since germ? What’s the stuff dripping off your plant in the 2nd picture?

The Potassium I gave was dry, not liquid - so my grow mentor advised that it isn’t quickly bio available or absorbed. it only got a small amount of Potassium. To be honest - I’d be concerned to add more, now! We are questioning if it’s the Potassium that affected the plant that quickly.

As for the brown drips on the stem... not sure. Transpiration? Guttation?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

It's way over watered plus next time you've got to use 25 or 30% perlite in your soil mix or you going to risk over-watering again

you've probably got root rot in addition to all those Dead Leaves, honestly that plant isn't well, if I had other seeds I'd start them now, sorry for your bad luck

GrowGalNJ

GrowGalNJ

It's way over watered plus next time you've got to use 25 or 30% perlite in your soil mix or you going to risk over-watering again

you've probably got root rot in addition to all those Dead Leaves, honestly that plant isn't well, if I had other seeds I'd start them now, sorry for your bad luck

I’m using Coast of Maine’s Stonington Blend for the soil... I thought it was one of the best souls out there. Still need to add perlite? Will do for future seeds.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I’m using Coast of Maine’s Stonington Blend for the soil... I thought it was one of the best souls out there. Still need to add perlite? Will do for future seeds.
I always add additional 25-30% perlite to whatever I’m growing in no matter what. Oxygen and drainage is key.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
At least you are learning as you grow , in soil mixers at least add 25 to 30 % perlite as Beach has stated. Get a new bean in and have fun . Od .

Last edited:
GrowGalNJ

GrowGalNJ

At least you are learning as you grow , in soil mixers at least add 25 to 30 % perlite as Beach has stated. Get a new bean in and have fun . Od .

Definitely learning! This is my first grow!
popping new seeds now, and will pick up some perlite for the soil.

Top Bottom