Leaves turning yellow/brown on sides & curling! (PICS INCLUDED)

• Thread starter 420DankBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420DankBud

420DankBud

This is my 1st grow & I’m learning a ton of new Info, but I’m lost. These plants are roughly 3 weeks old and were recently up potted to 3 gallon fabric pots with happy frog soil & great white mycorrhizae. Over the past few days 4/6 plants have started yellowing on their leaves spreading from old to new growth. I thought it was a nutrient deficiency so I started feeding them with sensi grow and B-52. The yellow has continued to worsen & I’m starting to wonder if it’s a pH problem. I also started recently lowering the pH of my water (due to my tap water being more alkaline) to 6-6.5 with no changes in the yellowing neither.

Another local grower thought it could be due to over watering but they haven’t actually seen the plants. I was watering 2x per day when I had them in smaller pots and now it’s once a day in the 3 gallon pots.

The last pic is of my current grow setup except 5/6 plants are in 3 gallon fabric pots atm. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Leaves turning yellowbrown on sides  curling pics included
Leaves turning yellowbrown on sides  curling pics included 2
Leaves turning yellowbrown on sides  curling pics included 3
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you should water when they dry. drench and dry. wait to water till you can lift the pot and it feels light. then water till you see the first drops at the bottom, not what goes through the sides. water slowly and all over.

raise your light.

if it is a 3 gallon pot, you need to put 3 gallons of soil in it.

happy frog soil is buffered. you dont need to worry so much about the ph and the stuff you add might not get along with the stuff in the soil.

having said all that, i dont know what is wrong, but i know those things need done and it wont get better till you water right and you help her out by raising the light when she is feeling puny.

420DankBud

420DankBud

you should water when they dry. drench and dry. wait to water till you can lift the pot and it feels light. then water till you see the first drops at the bottom, not what goes through the sides. water slowly and all over.

raise your light.

if it is a 3 gallon pot, you need to put 3 gallons of soil in it.

happy frog soil is buffered. you dont need to worry so much about the ph and the stuff you add might not get along with the stuff in the soil.

having said all that, i dont know what is wrong, but i know those things need done and it wont get better till you water right and you help her out by raising the light when she is feeling puny.
Thank you for the feedback. I’m going to let them dry out for a couple days and raise the light to see if that helps!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sounds good, I just raised them this morning to about 33-34”. Thanks for the feedback. Diagnosing problems like this as a 1st time grower is def not an easy task 😅
Have to start somewhere... first grow expectations should be.

#1 learn as much as possible.
#2 make it to harvest without killing plants.
#3 hopefully have something to smoke.

Rule numbers #4 through 100.... see rule #1.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the one in the clay pot needs to be put in a pot FULL of soil, all of them really need to be in full pots. when you have it like that it is not much better than being in a solo cup.

if you want a small pot pick a small pot, but if you pick a 3 gallon pot then FILL IT UP. you cant really use a 3 gallon pot as a 1 gallon by filling it just a bit. the dimensions are wrong for it.

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

You have to take into consideration you are using multiple light setups which raises the ppfd where they overlap. Lights look really close. I'm not sure if that is causing the discoloration but lights look too close for those young plants.

420DankBud

420DankBud

the one in the clay pot needs to be put in a pot FULL of soil, all of them really need to be in full pots. when you have it like that it is not much better than being in a solo cup.

if you want a small pot pick a small pot, but if you pick a 3 gallon pot then FILL IT UP. you cant really use a 3 gallon pot as a 1 gallon by filling it just a bit. the dimensions are wrong for it.
Yeah that wasn’t on purpose, started running low on my soil in the middle of transplanting them. I’m picking more soil up soon. You think I can just add some soil to all the pots?

420DankBud

420DankBud

You have to take into consideration you are using multiple light setups which raises the ppfd where they overlap. Lights look really close. I'm not sure if that is causing the discoloration but lights look too close for those young plants.
They still look too close after I adjusted them and raised them up higher? The most recent pic included above shows lights 30-35” above the plants

7189973A E35E 4221 92C4 E0290B612BAC
Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

They still look too close after I adjusted them and raised them up higher? The most recent pic included above shows lights 30-35” above the plants
No that should be fine with 2 light systems. They don't look crazy powerful so they look like a good distance. You have to constantly evaluate the height of lights to canopy and do a little math with the ppfd spread of each light and adjust as needed. As plants mature they want a higher ppfd so it's just something you have to monitor.

420DankBud

420DankBud

No that should be fine with 2 light systems. They don't look crazy powerful so they look like a good distance. You have to constantly evaluate the height of lights to canopy and do a little math with the ppfd spread of each light and adjust as needed. As plants mature they want a higher ppfd so it's just something you have to monitor.
Appreciate the info & I’ll make sure to monitor that!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Give it 1 week so you have a time frame to judge by... the new growth will be nice and green but the old damaged leaves may continue to get worse.. that is normal. I think you have some great advice I here from others so just keep on keepin on bro. You got this.

420DankBud

420DankBud

Update: I’ve held off on watering the plants the past 2 days to let them dry off. I think they’re looking somewhat better but my largest plant is really starting to droop for some reason.I also transplanted one plant from a clay pot to larger 3 gal plastic pot & immediately watered it.

should I start trimming the yellow leaves that look completely lifeless? Pics included, any tips greatly appreciated!

51D349F5 9AA8 4059 ADC1 626C3F70F0CA
E01BB599 BA49 4521 932D C0ABB8371B9F
7A3A9D13 7D0B 4D26 A0F4 EA23983EC07D
420DankBud

420DankBud

Update: I’ve held off on watering the plants the past 2 days to let them dry off. I think they’re looking somewhat better but my largest plant is really starting to droop for some reason.I also transplanted one plant from a clay pot to larger 3 gal plastic pot & immediately watered it.

should I start trimming the yellow leaves that look completely lifeless? Pics included, any tips greatly appreciated!
Anyone got any info about trimming off yellow/curled leaves near bottom of plants? I can’t find anything about trimming in veg phase

Latest posts

Top Bottom